RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tasman man 11

Melody Belle / J. Richards

35 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

I’m here Trump....it’s not that bad...played golf yesterday and the track was as dry as a chip 

Are you at Flemington area?  Bad weather is out in bass strait at the mo but with temps for tomorrow and Sat predicted at 12/6, you can’t bet that FLEMINGTON will cop a fair bit of rain by Sat. Won’t hurt MB’s chance anyway but will stop plenty of others. 

3 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

There was a bi of surface water about Tuesday but the weather has been ok since.

I’m at Crown , off to the Oaks today 

Good luck if you have a punt. Bar an upset, the Oaks looks pretty cosy and I think Moonlight Maid will beat Miami Bound

7 hours ago, Gruff said:

Looks like Houlahans cut loose

C719F4B0-7AB1-42E9-8B67-C1B54801A23B.png

Amazing what $10 EW will do. 

That is a bloody odd field to sort out to be honest. 

Harlem's got Flemington 10f history unless I'm mistaken. Out of form but could pop up. Humidor perhaps. Or the Belle - meets most of these 2kg better off. No overseas superstars here to steal the chocolates either. 

20 minutes ago, flockofewes2 said:

This is a way better field than she ran against last start.

A win here would make her top 5 in Aus/NZ rankings imo.

Wet track should suit.Won't suit Harlem.

Way too skinny at 330 odd . Humidor been smashed in from 17s .

1 minute ago, Gruff said:

From what we have seen of Hartnell this prep you would be mad not to include, im almost suggesting a win :rcf-shocked-3:

would be a big..surprise..although he may have had an op yesterday to attach an..extra leg..best ask the..barman.:rcf-tongue-1:

1 hour ago, flockofewes2 said:

would be a big..surprise..although he may have had an op yesterday to attach an..extra leg..best ask the..barman.:rcf-tongue-1:

Big surprise? Hartnell was unlucky in the  Caulfield along with a few others including Mr Quickie. Get on like Houlahan:rcfe-like:

Out of the two biggest WFA contests over middle distance over spring only two colts racing , Cape Good Hope just off plane and Castelvecchio,  nothing from last year's classic generation  with stallion potential about for either race being tested in two best races of that class in Melbourne  , that seems a problem unless just relying on imported and shuttle stallions . A racing pundit said on radio Vow and Declare a new dawn for OZ and NZ breeding middle distance  and stayers , imho it's a false dawn when whole generation is gelded or disappears. 

10 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Out of the two biggest WFA contests over middle distance over spring only two colts racing , Cape Good Hope just off plane and Castelvecchio,  nothing from last year's classic generation  with stallion potential about for either race being tested in two best races of that class in Melbourne  , that seems a problem unless just relying on imported and shuttle stallions . A racing pundit said on radio Vow and Declare a new dawn for OZ and NZ breeding middle distance  and stayers , imho it's a false dawn when whole generation is gelded or disappears. 

Why do you say that? The NZ and Australian Breeding Industries were founded on Imported Stallions from UK and Europe. So what’s different today? There are a number of successful Homebred stallions from the imported stock. Savabeel has led the way in NZ, Lohnro, ZABEEL, Snitzel, Commands, Redoubtes Choice, etc. where do I stop? 

2 minutes ago, Trump said:

Why do you say that? The NZ and Australian Breeding Industries were founded on Imported Stallions from UK and Europe. So what’s different today? There are a number of successful Homebred stallions from the imported stock. Savabeel has led the way in NZ, Lohnro, ZABEEL, Snitzel, Commands, Redoubtes Choice, etc. where do I stop? 

You make a good point but shouldn't it go year on year reproducing , classic generation producing classic generation  . It just struck me where all  the middle distance 4 year old colts had gone from last year . The Autumn Sun clearly would have been up to these races to his eyeballs but got too valuable .Two OZ trained entires over course of both races one import one 3 year old just seems light in numbers . Maybe it's always been so .

I think that sometimes, buyers of stock from good Stallions that produce great Middle Distance staying types, good Stallions like Reliable Man, Savabeel, etc, bring them on too early. Imho they are better off left off the racetrack until they are late 3yo. Let them mature a bit more - like the UK/Europeans do. We tend to follow the “Fast Food” Kings, the Americans.