RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tasman man 11

Melody Belle / J. Richards

On 10/8/2019 at 8:56 PM, poundforpound said:

Look at what Te Akau have planned for her, that tells you everything 

Her Australian group form is G2 in Queensland ... it’s still significant but it’s lengths below Sydney or Melbourne group form 

TAS can win the Cox Plate, she can’t .. it’s that simple and Te Akau knows it because they’re great thinkers 

On 10/8/2019 at 3:49 PM, poundforpound said:

TAS is far better than Melody Belle.....that’s why he’s going to the Cox Plate and she’s not .....

On 10/8/2019 at 10:34 PM, Leggy said:

Really? I make her about 5l better than him at 1600. Perhaps he has improved though. On the face of it, I couldn't see either coming close to winning a Cox Plate.

On 10/8/2019 at 10:55 PM, poundforpound said:

Watch and learn from the master :) 

What say you now master?

On 9/23/2019 at 11:53 AM, Trump said:

Yes, perhaps “The Syndicate thing” is a possible reason? I would have thought that many Synd members would love to travel to Oz to see her measure up to “stiffer” competition. Shes a bit like Sir Slick. Great against inferior opposition in NZ. She may even be a good prospect in a Race like the G1 Tatts Tiara over 1400m? But this years gone so it looks like Melbourne. But the Cox Plate? Madness imho. I would have thought that the G1 Myer Classic Over 1600m for F&M on Derby Day Nov 2 would be a great race for her to notch a G1 Oz Win - if she’s up to it. 

As I said.....

Actually a great day all round for NZ ( either bred or trained) given their sparse representation throughout the  cards in Melbourne and Sydney!

1st, Miami Bound (Reliable Man) G2 Wakeful Stakes.

1st, Melody Belle G1 EmpireStakes ...say no more until later.

1st, Torfane  (Ocean Park) G3 Furphy Sprint.

1st, Kolding (Ocean Park) Golden Eagle $8 Million!

Throw in the horsemen who originated from NZ.... Waller, Mulcaster and Moroney etc shows that we still punch well above our weight  

The only disappointment to me, was George Simon’s comment after Melody Belle’s win when he said,  “John Galvin managed to get himself in front of the camera” 

Poor taste I suggest!

49 minutes ago, Insider said:

Actually a great day all round for NZ ( either bred or trained) given their sparse representation throughout the  cards in Melbourne and Sydney!

Throw in the horsemen who originated from NZ.... Waller, Mulcaster and Moroney etc shows that we still punch well above our weight  

The only disappointment to me, was George Simon’s comment after Melody Belle’s win when he said,  “John Galvin managed to get himself in front of the camera” 

Poor taste I suggest!

The difference between NZ TV coverage of Racing and the Aussie Networks coverage equivalent, is like comparing Lake Taupo with the Pacific Ocean. The Jockey, Trainers and Owners are sought out by the Oz media and that’s why John Galvin was on TV being interviewed. He was the Manager of the MB racing syndicate. She was the heavily backed hot Favourite. She set a world record (I think?)for the most G1 wins by a single horse this calendar year. Look at the coverage of Kolding’s owner after the $7.5m Golden Eagle. Nev is a knock about Bloke and could afford to buy the whole field that lined up in the Eagle. But to see his thrill at winning this inaugural running was special. Free to air on Network 7 and also on the subscription Channels, Sky, Kayo. Gripping stuff. 

Trump, sadly we didn’t get any of the aftermath that you are referring to (because of our wall to wall racing on TV) but I concur with you about the difference in the professionalism of the TV coverage between the two countries when it comes to the various carnivals. 

22 minutes ago, Insider said:

Trump, sadly we didn’t get any of the aftermath that you are referring to (because of our wall to wall racing on TV) but I concur with you about the difference in the professionalism of the TV coverage between the two countries when it comes to the various carnivals. 

There’s wall to wall here also. But with Racing.com covering Melb/SA/TAS, Sky 1 Racing covering all rural TAB Races Aust wide, Sky 2 Racing covering NZ and local, Sky 3 Racing covering Melb/SYD/Qld and Kayo streaming Racing.com, then Free-to-Air on Chan7 with the carnivals etc, it’s great coverage and you get all the emotion before and after each race. Excellent coverage!

9 hours ago, Insider said:

Despite the knockers racing has a huge following in Aussie whereas apart from those directly involved its almost a dirty word in NZ sadly. 

19 hours ago, Trump said:

The difference between NZ TV coverage of Racing and the Aussie Networks coverage equivalent, is like comparing Lake Taupo with the Pacific Ocean. The Jockey, Trainers and Owners are sought out by the Oz media and that’s why John Galvin was on TV being interviewed. He was the Manager of the MB racing syndicate. She was the heavily backed hot Favourite. She set a world record (I think?)for the most G1 wins by a single horse this calendar year. Look at the coverage of Kolding’s owner after the $7.5m Golden Eagle. Nev is a knock about Bloke and could afford to buy the whole field that lined up in the Eagle. But to see his thrill at winning this inaugural running was special. Free to air on Network 7 and also on the subscription Channels, Sky, Kayo. Gripping stuff. 

Everyone get on their bikes and get rid of Andy Kydd. He has no idea when trying to manage a TV station dedicated to racing. It's all about the punting as far as he is concerned, and has been given ample opportunity to change course. He's one of those guys that flies with the flock of starlings.

22 hours ago, Insider said:

Poor taste I suggest!

That rich coming from George. Whenever he has a runner everyone is told about it - repeatedly! Hes well past his use by date.

13 minutes ago, Trump said:

Melody Belle won $600k for her win in last Sat G1 win at Flemington. This was $230,000 more than she got for her three Hawkes Bay G1 wins - combined! 

See she is in the Mackinnon also, against Humidor, Hartnell, Gailo Chop etc. Interesting move. Must have come through last Saturday well. 

Strange race  bar MB ,  full of pensioners, a refugee from Singapore , a few hardy handicappers and Magic Wand whose  only surprising entry now would be a nom  for Stawell Gift next year  .Some those oldies still handy , Humidor way he ran last time wouldn't surprise me if he wound up and mowed them down along that straight .

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

Strange race  bar MB ,  full of pensioners, a refugee from Singapore , a few hardy handicappers and Magic Wand whose  only surprising entry now would be a nom  for Stawell Gift next year  .Some those oldies still handy , Humidor way he ran last time wouldn't surprise me if he wound up and mowed them down along that straight .

On 10/27/2019 at 9:46 AM, weasel57 said:

Humidor @17s this evening. 

Interesting, Humidor running on nicely in a sit sprint Moonee valley Cup, Downdraft goes on to win Lexus ...The last time Humidor dropped from 2400 to 2000 was in the 2017 Caulfield cup/ Winx  Cox and ran a blinder. Overs

Kluger also gave Winx a run for her money. Plenty of horses good enough to win if they get back to their best. Another bad draw for Melody Belle but who knows what the track will be doing by then, more rain forecast.

3 hours ago, Gruff said:

Danzdanzdance you reckon, hasnt seen a wet track since March :rcf-rich-1:

Slow trackat Randwick in the Optic White two starts back...but I  guess you mean a Heavy track. Looks like Waller is going to avoid the McKinnon with DDD

3 hours ago, Gruff said:

Danzdanzdance you reckon, hasnt seen a wet track since March :rcf-rich-1:

Slow track at Randwick in the Optic White two starts back...but I  guess you mean a Heavy track. Looks like Waller is going to avoid the McKinnon with DDD.

Showers for the next three days and cold, with blustery winds ...ideal for DDD and MB