RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tasman man 11

Melody Belle / J. Richards

9 hours ago, Trump said:

Relax everyone. The f3 over the line will be Melody Belle, Kings Will Dream and Hartnell. Forget the rest. 

Given that the forecast rain fell everywhere except FLEMINGTON, I’d have to throw Magic Wand in as a definite threat. Her Cox Plate run was so good. She will be hardest for MB to beat. 

3 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

No doubt True Self running through your multis today RR..?!  Catalyst, Santa Anna Lane and Girl Tuesday in mine......:rcfe-like:

Cannot see True Self beaten , but iam behind on ledger over lifetime so been wrong too many times .

Again could bite me on arse but I think MB way too short worth risking so  leaving out . Huge step up . Beat not a lot here however I race Usain Bolt 10 time head to head he beats me 10 times , don't make him  slow . I prepared to roll dice with her though .

Tom Melbourne EW for a laugh , love that horse. He still beats himself 50 PC time 

My “Best value” multi today is True Self/ Magic Wand/Allize. I’m hoping Melody will win and will have a saver multi with her. Also, looking at his mounts, Ryan Moore could be in for a big day and an all-up place on his mounts could pay a nice dividend. Good luck - I’m off to golf!

5 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

No doubt True Self running through your multis today RR..?!  Catalyst, Santa Anna Lane and Girl Tuesday in mine......:rcfe-like:

Bet of the carnival OM , sweated on the gap  , bumper form, hurdle form , Ebor form , Moore , Mullins a sweet cocktail . 

Bloody Humbolt Current , Doyle up.  Gave up on him a run early , bugger .

8 hours ago, Trump said:

Given that the forecast rain fell everywhere except FLEMINGTON, I’d have to throw Magic Wand in as a definite threat. Her Cox Plate run was so good. She will be hardest for MB to beat. 

Oops!

Just now, Trump said:

Got held up around the turn and got within 3/4 length. That’s racing.

Drew very wide...got a long way back without much luck in the running.

Those circumstances beat her today and nothing Opie could do would have changed that. As you say Trump... That's Racing. :(

Massive effort to finish so close to a World Class Mare. :wub:

6 minutes ago, Baz (NZ) said:

Drew very wide...got a long way back without much luck in the running.

Those circumstances beat her today and nothing Opie could do would have changed that. As you say Trump... That's Racing. :(

Massive effort to finish so close to a World Class Mare. :wub:

Unlucky yes, but if he rides her basically any other way than sitting on the rails at the back she wins. 

Not sure  OP could have done much more , stuck wide  doubt she would have beaten winner . How good is Magic Wand , 12 runs this year , criss crossing the globe getting beaten at every turn but putting it in every time bar one run behind Enable  , she deserved a first win of year .Addeyeb put her away easy in listed Wolferton at Royal Ascot , trainer says target QE2 April , loves it soft/ heavy , trainer can travel them , horse no nonsense gelding he could throw a spanner in works if it's a rainy autumn .on 119 at season end .

4 minutes ago, Trump said:

Fortune smiles on the brave. Would have loved to have seen MB in Oz in the Autumn this year or spring last year. 

Arguably I think shes better now than she was 12 months ago Trump? Who knows...could she be better in the Autumn of 2020?

Exciting times ahead!....Melody Belle, Te Akau Shark, Catalyst, Probabeel etc....

9 hours ago, Trump said:

My “Best value” multi today is True Self/ Magic Wand/Allize. I’m hoping Melody will win and will have a saver multi with her. Also, looking at his mounts, Ryan Moore could be in for a big day and an all-up place on his mounts could pay a nice dividend. Good luck - I’m off to 

2 wins and 100 buck shot 3rd out 4 rides . Only Reserve Tank let side down . Hope you made a bit off the Moore show today .You nailed it , a  Big Day for Moore .

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

2 wins and 100 buck shot 3rd out 4 rides . Only Reserve Tank let side down . Hope you made a bit off the Moore show today .You nailed it , a  Big Day for Moore .

I was at golf, got finished in time to head to the local for a pint or two. Had the last 5 races at Flemington to look forward to. Did alright but had 100% of Quaddie if toppie wins the last! Home with 100 to go but the weight told! #%£%<! 

4 minutes ago, Trump said:

I was at golf, got finished in time to head to the local for a pint or two. Had the last 5 races at Flemington to look forward to. Did alright but had 100% of Quaddie if toppie wins the last! Home with 100 to go but the weight told! #%£%<! 

you reckon it was the weight or it just wasn't good enough?

12 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

How else could have ridden her from a wide draw...???

Be interesting to see How Mckenzie saw the ride on Te Akau Shark in the Cox?  Easy with hindsight but he also covered less ground, and wasnt the centre of the track the betterplace to be? What about the Shark at Te Rapa , kept him wide out of trouble but lost on ground covered one could argue. Good ride, and if the run came a touch sooner we’d be calling it excellent :rcf-thinking:

33 minutes ago, flockofewes2 said:

If you watch the replay you  will see kiwi mare Danzdanzdanz was dead stiff not to win her race...under lock and key the last 200 and full of running.

i thought the winner took her ground .very unlucky