RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tasman man 11

Melody Belle / J. Richards

3 minutes ago, flockofewes2 said:

Raced like a tired horse.I see syndicated horses are retired in Japan at age..6.

i fully expect p4p to offer some 'tired' excuse and then say she's beenretired and is going to concentrate on maternal duties cos the foal in utero is worth millions

All credit to the master handicapper guru Carpenter , he was a large part the great mind  sorting that field . On the runs of the reserves in other races , Mr Quickie ok , Humidor ran on ok but other two one bled , other average he made the ballsy call and got it right .

1 minute ago, scooby3051 said:

Beaten 2.2 lengths... you need to stop being a shyte stirrer....JMO

is that one of the excuses? ie beaten but not by much? I though that was a perfect race for Consensus, esp given her win there last season 

1 minute ago, weasel57 said:

is that one of the excuses? ie beaten but not by much? I though that was a perfect race for Consensus, esp given her win there last season 

No excuses its not my horse...just you guys seem to love to sink the slipper in...tell me what you have racing and maybe we can critique them to???? It would be easy if everything always went as planned...look at the AB's last night...but hey at least they are out there having a crack...unlike yourself it seems.:rcfe-like:

5 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Easy to knock someone...why not have a go yourselves instead of taking potshots.... I and I am sure you guys would all love one half as honest and as good as she is and has been...really don't understand some people...JMO

you quickly come to the defence of 'someone' who is not being attacked, Scooby. p4p has been very gung ho in the past about Consensus.. While being 2.2L from the winner is certainly not a disgrace, she had every chance I thought in behind the speed and went up to win the race...but didn't. .I'd simply like to know the'back story' of her run yesterday

Just now, weasel57 said:

you quickly come to the defence of 'someone' who is not being attacked, Scooby. p4p has been very gung ho in the past about Consensus.. While being 2.2L from the winner is certainly not a disgrace, she had every chance I thought in behind the speed and went up to win the race...but didn't. .I'd simply like to know the'back story' of her run yesterday

Why do feel you deserve any back story on anything, you dont own her>??? you are not entitled to any information I would have thought... so what if she was not winning yesterday she is a bloody good honest mare...I wish I had one like her.

3 hours ago, bus stop said:

May have already been asked just wodering where the former strapper is the guy the use to wear the cowboy hat.

Assuming you're taking about the strapper with Melody Belle.... no idea but had wondered about that myself.

1 hour ago, mckenzie said:

I see she's out to $4 with some with some bookies for tomorrow. Not a terribly strong field either. 

“Not a terribly strong field either” you comment. I think you’re being unkind to the task facing Melody Belle. This is a very good fillies & mares field. There are a number of well performed Australian G1, G2 and G3 winners she’s up against. The three placegetters in this years G1 Tatts Tiara are top class mares and I’ll be surprised if all 3 don’t give her something to beat. I hope MB wins and if she does, she’s given the credit she deserves and not downplayed by way of “it’s not a terribly strong field”. She’s going to have to raise herself up a notch to win this race.

15 minutes ago, Trump said:

“Not a terribly strong field either” you comment. I think you’re being unkind to the task facing Melody Belle. This is a very good fillies & mares field. There are a number of well performed Australian G1, G2 and G3 winners she’s up against. The three placegetters in this years G1 Tatts Tiara are top class mares and I’ll be surprised if all 3 don’t give her something to beat. I hope MB wins and if she does, she’s given the credit she deserves and not downplayed by way of “it’s not a terribly strong field”. She’s going to have to raise herself up a notch to win this race.

I wasn't intending to be unkind, and they are good mares who she will need some luck from 13 to beat. I was just surprised she was on the drift. 

3 hours ago, mckenzie said:

I see she's out to $4 with some with some bookies for tomorrow. Not a terribly strong field either. 

Given that the gutless NZTAB are facing rapidly eroding turnover and revenue and that she is likely to attract interest from kiwi punters, why would they have her at 3.60 when almost all other bookies are 3.8/4.00? Trying to balance the book instead of back their assessment?

42 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Given that the gutless NZTAB are facing rapidly eroding turnover and revenue and that she is likely to attract interest from kiwi punters, why would they have her at 3.60 when almost all other bookies are 3.8/4.00? Trying to balance the book instead of back their assessment?

If they had any brains and wanted to attract more punters, why don’t they offer $10 with a maximum of $10 bet? That’s on offer in Oz on Shadow Hero in the Derby by one bookmaker - more than double the current odds. The small punters will be attracted to bet on it for sure! Why don’t the NZTAB use their nous and do something around Melody Belle? I think we all know the answer.

11 minutes ago, Trump said:

Go the Kiwi on the wet track! Hope she brains them and stamps herself as one of the best. Hardest to beat might be Invincibella, Pohutukawa, Baccarat Baby and a wet roughie in Noire. 

WOOSHKA!!!!