RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tasman man 11

Melody Belle / J. Richards

16 minutes ago, weasel57 said:

i don't think they'll target the Cox Plate. TAS takes a while to wind up, may not have the tactical speed/cornering ability for Moonee Valley. Much better at Flemington, imo.

Confirmed - next start for TAS is the Cox Plate.

On 10/5/2019 at 2:34 PM, Archer said:

6 hours ago, Trump said:

Confirmed - next start for TAS is the Cox Plate.

That is interesting. If he can handle the track he would have to be a chance. Oddly enough I had a dream last night where Hartnell won the plate at any old odds....It could be that kind of year, Fields of Omagh etc. 

Or not. ;)

6 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Take a multi....Consensus to win at Caulfield next Wednesday into TAS to win the Cow Plate into Finche to win the Melbourne Cup into Felaar to win the NZ Cup ....thank me later 

That’s worth a small wager - the multi odds with Ladbrokes is about 7000/1 I think I’ll borrow $5 of the wife’s pension $ and throw it on ! 

7 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Take a multi....Consensus to win at Caulfield next Wednesday into TAS to win the Cox Plate into Finche to win the Melbourne Cup into Felaar to win the NZ Cup ....thank me later 

Ketamine swab?

25 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

They should dope test you.....because you are one :) 

No need to test. We already have the analysis results though I suppose he should have the option of getting the B sample tested.

On 10/9/2019 at 2:23 PM, poundforpound said:

Felaar to win the NZ Cup ....thank me later 

Some mug the handicapper is giving you a point back on that latest effort. If you can get one of those useless weight lumpers to start toppie in the cup he'll scoot home.

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 2:23 PM, poundforpound said:

Take a multi....Consensus to win at Caulfield next Wednesday into TAS to win the Cox Plate into Finche to win the Melbourne Cup into Felaar to win the NZ Cup ....thank me later 

Now that betting has opened on Consensus for tomorrow (cant believe her odds), I've taken the multi.

However, I actually took a $1 Multi on every possible combination of Wins or Places in each of the 4 races... so spent the princely sum of $16.

The maximum collect will be $14,435 if they all Win down to the smallest collect of $126 if they all run a Place.

Just hope that TAS gets a run in the Cox Plate.

6 minutes ago, Ponderosa8 said:

Now that betting has opened on Consensus for tomorrow (cant believe her odds), I've taken the multi.

However, I actually took a $1 Multi on every possible combination of Wins or Places in each of the 4 races... so spent the princely sum of $16.

The maximum collect will be $14,435 if they all Win down to the smallest collect of $126 if they all run a Place.

Just hope that TAS gets a run in the Cox Plate.

You’re betting with the wrong Agency. An All Up place multi with Ladbrokes will get you $182 for $1. 

On 10/9/2019 at 2:23 PM, poundforpound said:

a Supertramp song comes to mind...though you may prefer Cliff Richard ...nothing wrong with Dreaming, I guess ...anyway, TAS may be lucky to make the field...will the tangerine army and other hangers-on be able to cajole the MVRC into finding a spot for a non Group 1 winner from the good ol' Shaky Isles when there's so many ahead of him with better credentials?

2 hours ago, weasel57 said:

a Supertramp song comes to mind...though you may prefer Cliff Richard ...nothing wrong with Dreaming, I guess ...anyway, TAS may be lucky to make the field...will the tangerine army and other hangers-on be able to cajole the MVRC into finding a spot for a non Group 1 winner from the good ol' Shaky Isles when there's so many ahead of him with better credentials?

A group 2 handicap win and a group 3 handicap sprint win , the MVRC won't succumb to people wearing kids shark hats and bump out Group 1 WFA winners  if they want any  credibility for their race on the world stage .

2 hours ago, Red Rum said:

A group 2 handicap win and a group 3 handicap sprint win , the MVRC won't succumb to people wearing kids shark hats and bump out Group 1 WFA winners  if they want any  credibility for their race on the world stage .

..in which case the tangerines can flock off to Flemington, where TAS is better suited

14 minutes ago, weasel57 said:

..in which case the tangerines can flock off to Flemington, where TAS is better suited

If they bump an exempt horse  surely some legal recourse , you win an exempt you earn right to plan own way to big gig rather than pressure to race way in late otherwise exempt ain't exempt . Steel Prince connections had since May to relax and plot Cup path knowing they are in if that injury clears up after Saturday    , Surprise Baby have a month to plot path, Prince of  Aaron connections nuts in a vice trying to decide best why in  , like Withold last year .They wanted to seriously go for it they should have planned to race at Caulfield last week and beat COGH and get the exemption .  I do hope it gets in  by fair means  though and gets to have a go , but I agree I'd fancy it more at Flemington . 

3 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Be careful backing Consensus tomorrow

She’s at a good racing weight but she still looks backward in the coat and one away

I’d just back her a place tomorrow 

In my observation a mare will run one blinder early in foal, but rarely more than one. 

4 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Be careful backing Consensus tomorrow

She’s at a good racing weight but she still looks backward in the coat and one away

I’d just back her a place tomorrow 

ludicrous advice...she can't w:rcf-shocked-6:in,but may run a place!So much for the muscular all up multi!:rcf-thinking:

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 2:23 PM, poundforpound said:

I'm going to go again in the multi

7 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Any comment ??

Commented just now on a Cox Plate thread . Non Grp 1 winner , non wfa winner  , non distance winner why would it not cause debate . 

Proved his worth , well done to Te Akau. Good ride up rails,  he was never gonna round that field 7 wide .

Magic Wand rated 114 up north half length behind . Underrated northern horse or overated , non winner this year ? What's your thoughts on her rating under or over .