Boss Hogg

Ruakaka finish line

23 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Boss Hogg said:

I'm confused whats happened to the cone at the finish,must be some road works down the road .

Haven't watched anything yet BH and wont till later so let me guess . The most sensible thing would if traffic cone required elsewhere it has been replaced by a good old fashion boring old but has served the test of tiime winning post just like the type used at Snake Gulley or similar .

Seriously though,  why can't this club get itself a winning post?  Or why doesn't the team running racing in NZ get on the phone to that club and see if they can help them get a finishing post?  This is being beamed out internationally I expect and is an utter embarresment!  

Prime time race dates and a team who are doing their best to close down every country racecourse in the country and they can't hold a club to account on having a finishing post?  

30 minutes ago, Huey said:

Seriously though,  why can't this club get itself a winning post?  Or why doesn't the team running racing in NZ get on the phone to that club and see if they can help them get a finishing post?  This is being beamed out internationally I expect and is an utter embarresment!  

Prime time race dates and a team who are doing their best to close down every country racecourse in the country and they can't hold a club to account on having a finishing post?  

Someone could sponsor them a Waratah.  Say Farmlands

Have they ever had a finish post there? Like a proper, old school horse shoe style type?

Addington did once, then when the dishlickers were brought in at the venue, it was ditched in favour of small plastic marker peg. I can only assume this was done because the greyhounds needed something to take a leak on. 

31 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Have they ever had a finish post there? Like a proper, old school horse shoe style type?

Addington did once, then when the dishlickers were brought in at the venue, it was ditched in favour of small plastic marker peg. I can only assume this was done because the greyhounds needed something to take a leak on. 

Was bit of a fan of night at dog's in the old country .  love the term dishlickers though , must be OZ and NZ term. Scurlough Champ and Ballyregan Bob brought thousands to tracks .

On subject of posts , Sandown UK and Longchamp have two so they might have spares  , it's a pain in arse as if your  horse leading it always seems to be  the second post , its flying at the death it's bloody always the first post .

11 hours ago, Huey said:

So much needing to be fixed, so start with the easy and the embarrassingly obvious. A movable or temporary winning post at Ruakaka surely seems reasonably inexpensive, doesn't have to be super flash, just effective.

Does no-one uphold national standards in NZ Racing, OK what about broadcasting standards??  Owners and punters deserve better, jockeys too.  How can we run any race let alone a stakes race with no winning post?  

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

What's that thing behind the road cone? 

Send team Plod up there to sort it , thefts aplenty,  stolen post,  stolen cone , what next the great Kaharau's new set of blinkers . How tough is that horse by way , thought he was gone last year but trainer has done a top job on that warrior .

2 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Send team Plod up there to sort it , thefts aplenty,  stolen post,  stolen cone , what next the great Kaharau's new set of blinkers . How tough is that horse by way , thought he was gone last year but trainer has done a top job on that warrior .

Soon to be put over the jumps, before aiming at the NZ Cup. 

49 minutes ago, Blue said:

Where is he now? I heard he broke down in his last race in Oz six weeks ago but that may not be correct. Entirely up to the owners.

A vet examination revealed he had suffered a heart fibrillation.

Earned about $65k this prep from jumps racing and about $16k on the flat.