RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Trump

How to get Young People to the race track

39 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Probably the best promotion I have ever seen was a low key Saturday at Eagle Farm a few years ago, before it was closed for a while, that was promoted as ladies day. The place was packed. You couldn't hear yourself think, let alone hear the commentator.

Jimmy Barnes?

1 hour ago, crustyngrizzly said:

No need to worry,for the cost of getting taytay to sing 2 songs we can get Dave Dobbin on contract for the next 22 years plus.

Oh Sorry,do the ARC want a sell out or walk out.

I’m not a TS fan but I did enjoy Dobbins performances. There’s a double act on at Twin Towns Tweed Heads soon. Brian Cadd and Glen Shorrack (LRB). Now that will be a good gig to see!

1 minute ago, Trump said:

Jimmy Barnes?

Not sure, I was there to watch the racing. I just know I have never heard so much noise on a racetrack in my life, especially as the day wore on and the booze took effect. The ladies all got free giveaways and I think there was music afterwards. It was just a low key February meeting. Incredibly successful promo.

1 hour ago, We're Doomed said:

Probably the best promotion I have ever seen was a low key Saturday at Eagle Farm a few years ago, before it was closed for a while, that was promoted as ladies day. The place was packed. You couldn't hear yourself think, let alone hear the commentator.

Ladies days attendance is isually one more lady than gentlemen - they all come with their "partners" except for the one who is also a regular attender at the "Dance of the Desperates".    :rcfe-love:       Seriously though - there are several clubs that run a Ladies Day and the attendance is no different to an ordinary meeting.      Why not have a "Blokes only" day???

1 hour ago, eljay said:

Ladies days attendance is isually one more lady than gentlemen - they all come with their "partners" except for the one who is also a regular attender at the "Dance of the Desperates".    :rcfe-love:       Seriously though - there are several clubs that run a Ladies Day and the attendance is no different to an ordinary meeting.      Why not have a "Blokes only" day???

Sounds like a real barrel of laughs LJ.....:rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

The young ones want Party time and Trumpy is onto it, they will have a punt but they want alcohol and dancing and a good time with good bands etc

That market is untapped but we need to ask them, not tell them

Addington Cup Day has been the yearly party/hook up scene for a long time Tom......an aberration admittedly but built up over a long time. You can argue it is a Canterbury "thing"...but you would think the areas with larger populations should be able to do something similar. The Auckland Cup Carnival week over New Years Eve ( at Alex Park ) and New Years Day at Ellerslie used to be the one most looked forward to...people knew when it was on and South Islanders came up in droves as part of the Christmas Holiday period.

Then some bright pricks had a better idea.....:rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Trump said:

I’m not a TS fan but I did enjoy Dobbins performances. There’s a double act on at Twin Towns Tweed Heads soon. Brian Cadd and Glen Shorrack (LRB). Now that will be a good gig to see!

Saw LRB, mostly American version, at Whitianga about 7 or 8 years ago. Same bill as three dog night who were fantastic. 2 weeks later at Ascension Winery, Warkworth I saw Glen Shorrock. Now that was the REAL LRB. Great show , spoke to him leter, nicest guy you'd ever meet.Must be mid 70s now.

56 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

Interesting Dave I went to Riccarton last Saturday not one Asian with clipboards there _ yet 2 years ago there was 5 or 6, now they have gone we just know how to get folk on course 

Big concern

That's a new one Tom....what were they doing, taking the menu orders ??! ;)

22 minutes ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

This is every Sunday at Golden Gate Fields. It was a super fun day out with plenty of young people there. Can we get a brewery on board and do it once a month at Ellerslie 

Brilliant, clearly they are on to it. Simple, basic but more or less guaranteed to be successful (there).

Pretty sure the do-gooders have brought in rules in NZ relating to the cheap promotion of beer, so it can't be done (more so than a stock standard "happy hour"). The sale and supply of alcohol act buggered it up for all. Apparently. 

19 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

WD  Was at Darwin races at Fanny Bay a few years ago and Ladies Day was packed .The day was sponsored by the local adult sex shop who handed out free products and the winner of the ladies fashion show won $1000 of their  products brilliant only at Fanny Bay  cheers BH