RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

Take a Bow NZ Breeding

A half sister to Bounding by Street Cry called Achieved went round last October at a Non Tab meeting at Gulargambone in 3k to winner maiden . Then went up to UK and went through ring at Tatts . In view of fact the prices this family now going for and that she is half sister to Anthony Van Dyck who even then was a champion two year old in Ireland and winter Derby Fav ,  prior to going on and winning this year's Epsom  Derby it was a roll of the financial dice to pick up 3k. How much would winning that woeful race have put on her value ? I know they are there to race but cannot see the financial sense in racing her there .

On 9/11/2019 at 8:59 AM, fitzy said:

Berri other than the fact she raced in NZ for part of her career what link is there to NZ breeding ???????????

fitzy - Agree with you generally but this is a continuing anomaly. Her sire is Lonhro, who carries (Aus) tag but his dam is from an established N.Z. family, which includes Grosvenor among its descendants. More reason that he should be tagged (N.Z.), whereas his sire, Octagonal, is but is purely imported blood. Zabeel was foaled here but read the label on food packages - "Made from local and imported products". You might claim that the grass that they grazed was local.

While it was a great price, I wonder how much value was placed on Bounding's race record.

Catalyst, winner of the Listed race, at Hastings has Shadea, dam of Lonhro, as his 3rd dam. Was a pedigree worth retaining for breeding but he was cut.

Berri - look at the pedigree of Winx and wonder about a lost opportunity.

1 hour ago, Phar Lap Fan said:

fitzy - Agree with you generally but this is a continuing anomaly. Her sire is Lonhro, who carries (Aus) tag but his dam is from an established N.Z. family, which includes Grosvenor among its descendants. More reason that he should be tagged (N.Z.), whereas his sire, Octagonal, is but is purely imported blood. Zabeel was foaled here but read the label on food packages - "Made from local and imported products". You might claim that the grass that they grazed was local.

While it was a great price, I wonder how much value was placed on Bounding's race record.

Catalyst, winner of the Listed race, at Hastings has Shadea, dam of Lonhro, as his 3rd dam. Was a pedigree worth retaining for breeding but he was cut.

Berri - look at the pedigree of Winx and wonder about a lost opportunity.

Got to be careful messing with tags , iam sure you are aware of the amount of NZ blood in the last kiwi bred Melb Cup winner Prince of Penzance , zero.

I had to laugh. Internationally she was tagged as the NZ racehorse. In Australia it was tagged as the Australian horse. The whole thing is a bunch of bollocks and I was tongue and cheek when posting the original post. My humour was lost. I think you've got to throw away the genetics side of things when making a claim of title. If you didn't, you'd have the poms claim that everything was theirs!!

The variables are the most important issues. So bred in NZ or trained in NZ will do. They reflect good environment and management in both.

Much like the NZ Americas Cup...not all of the core team are NZers but it's being done in NZ.....that'll do