RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pogo(aus)

The Cups 2019 (aus)

34 minutes ago, Gruff said:

How do you see the Kris lees horse Our Candidate Qhoka? Runs in the Newcastle Cup Friday and needs to win to get into Metrop then Caulfield ...big ask but word has it is untapped 

He has been impressive to date on wet tracks and they seem to think he has upside. Lees also has Mustajeer in the CC who was impressive in the Ebor in quick time.. some 18 lengths better than the track record so a race worth looking at.

15 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

He has been impressive to date on wet tracks and they seem to think he has upside. Lees also has Mustajeer in the CC who was impressive in the Ebor in quick time.. some 18 lengths better than the track record so a race worth looking at.

26s and 7s J Mac's ride on Friday looks decent ew value ,  Sweet Thomas . Got bits of form against some good ones . Got with 2 lengths of horse called Meandre few years back in Slovakia of all places . Meandre toured the globe for years owned by Chechen president putting in top efforts .Decent run after year lay off on OZ debut behind that Wu Gok. He won German Leger last year .

I like Wrens Day in Cameron  , he was well backed few weeks back . 

Interestingly, Australian Bloodstock have got interests in 9 horses running in the Newcastle Cup on Friday... all shown as racing in their standard colours so wouldn't want to be the commentator trying to remember the 9 different coloured caps....

12 hours ago, Red Rum said:

26s and 7s J Mac's ride on Friday looks decent ew value ,  Sweet Thomas . Got bits of form against some good ones . Got with 2 lengths of horse called Meandre few years back in Slovakia of all places . Meandre toured the globe for years owned by Chechen president putting in top efforts .Decent run after year lay off on OZ debut behind that Wu Gok. He won German Leger last year .

I like Wrens Day in Cameron  , he was well backed few weeks back . 

Yes, well backed last start RR, and gets blinkers on. Kolding and Con te Partiro for mine.

Lightweights in the Cup...Our Candidate and The Good Fight both with big weight drops.

1 hour ago, Ponderosa8 said:

Interestingly, Australian Bloodstock have got interests in 9 horses running in the Newcastle Cup on Friday... all shown as racing in their standard colours so wouldn't want to be the commentator trying to remember the 9 different coloured caps....

So true, Tawqeet Railings and Green moon have won this race so holds some Significance  moving forward, Our Candidate 15-1 in Metrop market here, maybe worth a few spec multis

On 9/12/2019 at 12:55 PM, Red Rum said:

Why would making it WFA be detrimental to Northern Hemisphere horses . Last three cups 3 × 12 in money , out of the 36 places , Who Shot the Barman , Pentathlon, Youngster and Sir Charles Road were the only four NZ  or OZ who picked up any money . Closest 5th WSTB . In 2017 1 to 12 NH bred . Last two MC trifectas Irish and British trained.  This year top 43 in weights , only 5 NZ or Oz bred . Stradivarius or similar level horse could head out at WFA.Knock out their 3 year olds with weight , more of their older horses might head out because they also won't have to go against a handicap snip . The more the hole is plugged it will leak somewhere else till a volume of quality  stayers are  bred and prepared here.

Te Akau now buying Pontefract winners for Cup , that's indicates there where they believe the best chance of success in big one lies.

Southern France been brought by Aussies, it's a mountain of cash heading north.

I see John Messara has purchased 75% of unbeaten French 3yo Skyward with a view to the MC down the track.

15 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

I see John Messara has purchased 75% of unbeaten French 3yo Skyward with a view to the MC down the track.

It's become an avalanche of money heading over there now , it's a real secondary income now for some big operations .True Self that ex bumper of Mullins been leased by OTI in some kind of deal. They have also got a nice 3 year old in from Hannon yard called Corncrake  that's won last three races albeit in average company . 

I put up Norway and Mohawk a few months back who looked types to head down from Ballydoyle   , Mohawk is in Quarantine and Norway is heading Stateside by looks of it .Horse called Broome they have seems to have gone off radar a bit , form at least as good as Constantinople arguably better .Beat future  Irish Derby winner by 8 lengths on seasonal debut this year , but to be fair Irish Derby was won by a peach of a ride that caught others napping.

That Spirit of Valour and Yulong Minister last two races Saturday I thought might go well at odds , absolutely hopeless both gone a long way out a mile last . I need some improvement .

56 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

It's become an avalanche of money heading over there now , it's a real secondary income now for some big operations .True Self that ex bumper of Mullins been leased by OTI in some kind of deal. They have also got a nice 3 year old in from Hannon yard called Corncrake  that's won last three races albeit in average company . 

I put up Norway and Mohawk a few months back who looked types to head down from Ballydoyle   , Mohawk is in Quarantine and Norway is heading Stateside by looks of it .Horse called Broome they have seems to have gone off radar a bit , form at least as good as Constantinople arguably better .Beat future  Irish Derby winner by 8 lengths on seasonal debut this year , but to be fair Irish Derby was won by a peach of a ride that caught others napping.

That Spirit of Valour and Yulong Minister last two races Saturday I thought might go well at odds , absolutely hopeless both gone a long way out a mile last . I need some improvement .

Yes, saw that True Self story...Mullins was apparently desperate to get it down here ( not sure why ) and approached OTI about taking a stake with any prizemoney split. He obviously thinks it can win something to do that. Well beaten in the Ebor for mine.

Harbour Views won again, although with all the scratchings didn't beat much. Busuttin team going very well with Acting and Snogging.

On 10/1/2019 at 1:14 PM, Red Rum said:

What's your view on Il Paradiso RR ? I noticed he had run second to Stradivarius over 2 miles only beaten  1.25lengths. Has 52.5kg.

On 10/3/2019 at 10:44 AM, Ohokaman said:

What's your view on Il Paradiso RR ? I noticed he had run second to Stradivarius over 2 miles only beaten  1.25lengths. Has 52.5kg.

Not a fan to be honest , looking round the other runs for IL Paradiso don't excite me . Handicap Curragh,  back end of  average Irish Derby , average in average Leger bar winner who looks a top notch horse to fill Enables shoes next year . Not for me at this stage . Be some internationals out this week at Caulfield . They will be very fearful of Surprise Baby now . Two good runs now this prep .Trainer has been given import last few weeks , name escapes me at moment. 

Anyway your a Wolves man are you not , living the dream this morning ?

48 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

They may as well engrave the MC now, short of a catastrophe they cannot beat Finche 

A year late if it does! I backed him last year at good odds but only ran 4th - a great run.

7 hours ago, poundforpound said:

They may as well engrave the MC now, short of a catastrophe they cannot beat Finche 

Be tough from barrier 23 Leo, after the race last year someone said Finche wins this years edition as well, Marmelo for mine :rcfe-like:

9 minutes ago, Mattski said:

Any European's coming down at 50 to 1 (ish) that might be worth an early nibble?  Thanks, Matt

Latrobe is at 51 ladbrokes , when you look at his early form  this year around Magical and what she's done and her rating , then later wasn't beaten far in Irish Leger by horse that benefited from top ride , jocks can steal a race at Curragh before the straight sometimes , few around him that day at finish were or still are prominent in market . He went ok in Mackinnon last year and owner only bothered about one race a season .That be my  idea of one in 50 and above bracket  at moment

7 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Not a fan to be honest , looking round the other runs for IL Paradiso don't excite me . Handicap Curragh,  back end of  average Irish Derby , average in average Leger bar winner who looks a top notch horse to fill Enables shoes next year . Not for me at this stage . Be some internationals out this week at Caulfield . They will be very fearful of Surprise Baby now . Two good runs now this prep .Trainer has been given import last few weeks , name escapes me at moment. 

Anyway your a Wolves man are you not , living the dream this morning ?

Too right mate.....brilliant plan executed to perfection....if some of our blokes could shoot it could have been 4 or 5...:rcfe-like:

IMG_3722.JPG

1 hour ago, Mattski said:

Thanks guys - what do you think about Prince of Arran? I thought it was a great back up run from the Lexus last year.

Looks like it's building well but 39 in order . He might be on edge of squeezing in . Iam sure a research down from top would see some horses who be be gone next pay up to get true idea how close to 24 . Still couple of races he could be leapfroged by winner though .