RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Jase

2010 Mating statistics

Interesting reading on the NZR as the 2010 books have been uploaded this week.

There would be some very happy studmasters who stallions were very busy: Iffraaj, Mastercraftsman, Keeper, Pentire, O'Rielly, Nom Du Jeu, Perfectly Ready

However, surley 180 mares for Mastercraftsman is too many in NZ - it will generate a foal crop of maybe 150 foals - all trying to get into K1 - of which maybe 30 will get in!

There will also be some very unhappy studmasters who stand the likes of Falkirk, No Excuse Needed, Rios, Spartacus, Don Eduardo, Towkay - all who had very small books.

I think Tavistock served a very nice book, well above the quality which a 'normal' 12.5k stallion would serve (compare to Batchelor Duke)

Interesting to Zabeel served 90 mare. I recall some advertising saying he as being restricted to 50 mares.

Given their racetrack and sales ring success, I was surprised bigger books were not served by Volksraad (63), Thorn Park (74), Elusive City (108) and Darci Brahma (114)

Comments everyone?

Go to nzracing.co.nz

under studbook tab go to Stallions standing, and show the stallions, click into them and it will show the lists of the mares they served

Pins a little less than I expected at 128. You'd be very happy if you'd sent a decent mare to him. Had a chance to send one to Mastercraftsman and am glad I didn't. His $25k fee was fair....for 100-120 servings. Would hate to have a lesser bred or less than 100% perfectly conformed one. Pentire served his biggest ever book at 146 - perhaps enough to impact on his sale averages? Anyone have a view on Sir Percy? Will the Oz stayer buyers chase him? He's served enough at 72 and 79 to have a chance. Haven't seen him in the flesh but to win a Dewhurst and a Derby is pretty special. I bet Thorn Park serves 120+ this coming year and will serve 180 if Centennial Park keeps going well and Jimmy Choux wins in Oz. He's doing an excellent job and I wonder if he takes a major step up like O'Reilly did.

Increase, I have always thought Sir Percy is as near to a certainty as anything to leave a good horse.....he has all those female lines of Nearco,so IMHO should suit a heap of NZ mares.

The way stakes are at the mo tho he is probably a little to expensive for this small timer to take a punt on. Especially when there are already well proven sires around at a third of the price.

Shinko King, Towkay,and Captain Rio spring to mind.

These make staggering reading as I thought a lot more stallions would have had better books. Maybe this really is a sign that mare numbers are dwindling and that some stallions are just too dear in the eyes of the breeder or that they are not commercial.

Interesting reading on the NZR as the 2010 books have been uploaded this week.

Interesting to Zabeel served 90 mare. I recall some advertising saying he as being restricted to 50 mares.

Comments everyone?

I knew Zabeel was serving a restricted book - wonder if it was 50 outside mares? Ours didn't "take" the first time, so she ended up with a very late LSD - may have to miss being served next year, but what will be will be :)