RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

Murray Baker tells it like it is....

1 hour ago, LightsOut said:

https://calvinayre.com/2018/12/12/business/new-zealand-betting-monopoly-denies-reject-myth-ineptitude/?fbclid=IwAR26nYIJwiF8C84Go-YGvFyKtp0vXIdVQuHEVdBtA8hJPKkgKLw0L_Dpje0

The NZRB argues that “there is a persistent myth that NZRB is not performing” but claims the results of the past year reveal that “for the first time in decades, the New Zealand racing industry is on the brink of achieving real progress.”

The NZRB cops to the process taking “slightly longer than anticipated” but promises that the new platform will be “a game changer for our business and for Kiwi punters.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NZ TAB completes $26m relaunch

10 January 2019

https://www.igamingbusiness.com/news/nz-tab-completes-26m-relaunch?fbclid=IwAR37hvuuJOoJxsHL3OOUz67EAN9md7iWzOwJqyFialJKGyHt9mI1TY6QXZg

“This is the dawn of a new era for the NZRB and for New Zealand betting customers as we deliver a more compelling betting experience and significantly enhancing the number of betting opportunities we can offer,” says NZRB chief executive John Allen.

“We’ve replaced our existing website and app with a responsive, modern and easy-to-navigate site that delivers more products and events.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With comments like the above from John Allen is it really any wonder that the noose gets tighter every week.  'New Website is responsive and easy to navigate', it wasn't from day 1 and still today is in coronary care ready to kark it. Some clowns actually think the older punting generation can't use the new website how strange making a comment like that when older people I know had no problem using the old site but can't come to grips using the new site even though its supposed to be responsive and easy to navigate. The older generation would find it easier negotiating a boat around the Cape Of Good Hope. Saying the older generation are the problem and not the Web site is actually an insult to their intelligence along with a poor and arrogant response

''Never fear John is here' the Industry is on the brink of achieving 'real' progress for the first time in decades. Sadly again shows no ability to lead an organisation as he continues to bury his head in denial as to what this Betting Platforms initial and ongoing costs has done to the NZ Racing Industry.

3 years the Industry was told it would take for the New Platform to pay for itself, it wont even pay for the 17 million a year it is costing to run and service it.

Murray  Baker is well aware of the failings of the past few years but it's scary to think when the $#%$ hits the fan its going to be a hell of a lot worse than he or anyone else ever imagined.

Every point that he sold the new platform to the Industry has failed along with overruns of millions and no mention of the $17 million a year associated costs until after the deal for the new platform was signed.  The guy is a liability along with his senior management. Said it before any other business organisation in the world would have dumped them months ago when the writing was on the wall that it was a failure to perform and deliver as promised to a struggling Industry. Sadly I don't think John Allen or his management actually know what is wrong with the new betting site so how the hell can they right a sinking ship.

Pay them out it will be money well spent. When you buy a yearling for a few hundred thousand at the sales and it doesn't come up to scratch and perform like you thought it would based on pedigree you sack it, you don't keep spending good money on nilers that have shown they will only be a liability. 

Fist month of the new season word is down 20% yes as John Allen said the new Platform is a dawn of a new era, we have seen the good days of the past and they won't be back eg the dawn won't be turning into sunlight :(

ps

Race 5 at Winton #14 the horse they named after the NZ Racing Industry might be worth a ticket 

(1) Some clowns actually think the older punting generation can't use the new website how strange making a comment like that when older people I know had no problem using the old site but can't come to grips using the new site even though its supposed to be responsive and easy to navigate. The older generation would find it easier negotiating a boat around the Cape Of Good Hope. Saying the older generation are the problem and not the Web site is actually an insult to their intelligence along with a poor and arrogant response . 

SPARK is having similar problems with the older generation regarding the rugby world cup and they commissioned a survey that confirmed . I suspect older people like myself just can't be bothered .

(2) 3 years the Industry was told it would take for the New Platform to pay for itself, it wont even pay for the 17 million a year it is costing to run and service it.

'' However, the Racing Amendment Bill introduced in August 2017 – which would have imposed point of consumption taxes on the NZRB’s internationally licensed online competitors – was withdrawn this September following publication of the Messara Report''  The NZRB claims this legislative setback is costing the industry NZ$1m per month, but it’s attempting to mitigate the damage by negotiating racing product fees with international bookmakers such as Tabcorp and Betfair. ''

So we come back to Winston cancelling race fields etc and that's a problem  critics must acknowledge , how do you lay the boot in when there is a valid excuse .

(3) The NZRB claims the number of active account customers who placed a bet last year was up 20% to a record 230k. Much of the credit goes to the redesigned TAB mobile betting app, which reported 47k unique users, up 37% from the previous year, while these bettors placed a total of 11.7m individual wagers, up 56% year-on-year.

Well this certainly doesn't include me anymore , I haven't verified my TAB account , I've  had if for as long as they have existed , 40 + years ??? I  haven't had a bet for 4 months .

Being one  the older generation   I  no longer care , racings been going backwards for 30 years , at 65 and seeing to much of the Doc any  5-10 year plan going forward won't change anything for me or the bulk of racings backbone , the older generation .  These days I will accept what we have , I enjoyed the northern yesterday and who knows sometime in the future I  might have a bet .

I  have a small share in a horse in training at Pukekohe , If it's no good I might get to see it race down here  but I'd rather fly to AK  and watch it race at Ellerslie , you never know it might happen .

SPARK is having similar problems with the older generation regarding the rugby world cup and they commissioned a survey that confirmed . I suspect older people like myself just can't be bothered

They didn't have a problem using the site before hello John Allen quoted as saying easier to navigate eg = easier to use. It didn't happen. We are comparing old betting site vs new Spark is no worthy reference.

'' However, the Racing Amendment Bill introduced in August 2017 – which would have imposed point of consumption taxes on the NZRB’s internationally licensed online competitors – was withdrawn this September following publication of the Messara Report''  The NZRB claims this legislative setback is costing the industry NZ$1m per month, but it’s attempting to mitigate the damage by negotiating racing product fees with international bookmakers such as Tabcorp and Betfair. 

The NZRB has always received fees from TABCORP its joint arrangement that has been there for years. The legislation was pulled back for a reason it wouldn't have worked in the form proposed. No surprise there with John Allen and the DIA involved.

3) The NZRB claims the number of active account customers who placed a bet last year was up 20% to a record 230k. Much of the credit goes to the redesigned TAB mobile betting app, which reported 47k unique users, up 37% from the previous year, while these bettors placed a total of 11.7m individual wagers, up 56% year-on-year

Ha ha that's actually called taking the piss turnover is down hello. Ha ha record 230k pull the other one, if it was turnover wouldn't be going down big time. 

Being one  the older generation   I  no longer care , racings been going backwards for 30 years

Yes well like John Alen and the nil management you all have the same agenda eg no longer care.

Wake up your racing for the same stakes with your small share as they were 30 years ago and costs have gone through the roof. Re-read slowly obviously what Murray Baker is saying. 

You really can't grasp the situation your either thick or you work for the NZRB although both situations do apply there.

51 minutes ago, LightsOut said:

They didn't have a problem using the site before hello John Allen quoted as saying easier to navigate eg = easier to use. It didn't happen. We are comparing old betting site vs new Spark is no worthy reference.

The NZRB has always received fees from TABCORP its joint arrangement that has been there for years. The legislation was pulled back for a reason it wouldn't have worked in the form proposed. No surprise there with John Allen and the DIA involved.

Ha ha that's actually called taking the piss turnover is down hello. Ha ha record 230k pull the other one, if it was turnover wouldn't be going down big time. 

Yes well like John Alen and the nil management you all have the same agenda eg no longer care.

Wake up your racing for the same stakes with your small share as they were 30 years ago and costs have gone through the roof. Re-read slowly obviously what Murray Baker is saying. 

You really can't grasp the situation your either thick or you work for the NZRB although both situations do apply there.

I think you need to read it again , for many the site is acceptable ,they just use it , if I want a bet it will work but , it's the change for older people that causes much of the displeasure , sure it had problems earlier but nothing unsurmountable . The spark situation is relevant , both situations require people to change , older people don't like change can't be bothered .

Race fields , the monumental change was the NAME  .

As you will know the figures quoted from your reference were from 2017/2018 , they aren't current figures .

As for the no longer care , that's true because for the majority of race fans , us oldies , you included , it's clear  for the next 3 years a good result would be the status quo but that's looking like a big ask .

30 Years ago I  owned a horse that won a $10k race , equivalent of a r65  race today so I  am well aware of the situation but it's not changing anytime soon no matter how loud you scream and shout . Life is self inflicted , we choose to get involved , we can also choose to get out .

3 hours ago, LightsOut said:

https://calvinayre.com/2018/12/12/business/new-zealand-betting-monopoly-denies-reject-myth-ineptitude/?fbclid=IwAR26nYIJwiF8C84Go-YGvFyKtp0vXIdVQuHEVdBtA8hJPKkgKLw0L_Dpje0

The NZRB argues that “there is a persistent myth that NZRB is not performing” but claims the results of the past year reveal that “for the first time in decades, the New Zealand racing industry is on the brink of achieving real progress.”

The NZRB cops to the process taking “slightly longer than anticipated” but promises that the new platform will be “a game changer for our business and for Kiwi punters.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NZ TAB completes $26m relaunch

10 January 2019

https://www.igamingbusiness.com/news/nz-tab-completes-26m-relaunch?fbclid=IwAR37hvuuJOoJxsHL3OOUz67EAN9md7iWzOwJqyFialJKGyHt9mI1TY6QXZg

“This is the dawn of a new era for the NZRB and for New Zealand betting customers as we deliver a more compelling betting experience and significantly enhancing the number of betting opportunities we can offer,” says NZRB chief executive John Allen.

“We’ve replaced our existing website and app with a responsive, modern and easy-to-navigate site that delivers more products and events.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With comments like the above from John Allen is it really any wonder that the noose gets tighter every week.  'New Website is responsive and easy to navigate', it wasn't from day 1 and still today is in coronary care ready to kark it. Some clowns actually think the older punting generation can't use the new website how strange making a comment like that when older people I know had no problem using the old site but can't come to grips using the new site even though its supposed to be responsive and easy to navigate. The older generation would find it easier negotiating a boat around the Cape Of Good Hope. Saying the older generation are the problem and not the Web site is actually an insult to their intelligence along with a poor and arrogant response

''Never fear John is here' the Industry is on the brink of achieving 'real' progress for the first time in decades. Sadly again shows no ability to lead an organisation as he continues to bury his head in denial as to what this Betting Platforms initial and ongoing costs has done to the NZ Racing Industry.

3 years the Industry was told it would take for the New Platform to pay for itself, it wont even pay for the 17 million a year it is costing to run and service it.

Murray  Baker is well aware of the failings of the past few years but it's scary to think when the $#%$ hits the fan its going to be a hell of a lot worse than he or anyone else ever imagined.

Every point that he sold the new platform to the Industry has failed along with overruns of millions and no mention of the $17 million a year associated costs until after the deal for the new platform was signed.  The guy is a liability along with his senior management. Said it before any other business organisation in the world would have dumped them months ago when the writing was on the wall that it was a failure to perform and deliver as promised to a struggling Industry. Sadly I don't think John Allen or his management actually know what is wrong with the new betting site so how the hell can they right a sinking ship.

Pay them out it will be money well spent. When you buy a yearling for a few hundred thousand at the sales and it doesn't come up to scratch and perform like you thought it would based on pedigree you sack it, you don't keep spending good money on nilers that have shown they will only be a liability. 

Fist month of the new season word is down 20% yes as John Allen said the new Platform is a dawn of a new era, we have seen the good days of the past and they won't be back eg the dawn won't be turning into sunlight :(

ps

Race 5 at Winton #14 the horse they named after the NZ Racing Industry might be worth a ticket 

Rcae 5 at Winton!  If I worked at the Racing Board I would spend $1 on a straight trifecta in that race.  15, 13 and 14.  Man I'm Good, Dreaminsover and Running on Empty.  And then I would surreptitiously place it on the Chief Executive Officer's desk before he arrived tomorrow morning.  That trifecta ticket would have a better chance of being successful than John Allen ever will have.

. Life is self inflicted , we choose to get involved , we can also choose to get out .

Hopefully a few will get thrown out before they get to choose when to depart.

sure it had problems

It was approved by problems so by association it was always going to have the same happen to it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No doubt as John Allen was so vocally negative  on Deloittes Report 2 years ago which has proven to be 100% on the money he will apologise to them.

NZRB head hits out at criticism in Deloitte Report

Racing Board head John Allen has hit out at claims international financial agency Deloitte has made about future TAB profitability.

A summary of the document known in horse racing circles as the Deloitte Report was circulated to thoroughbred clubs and industry organisations earlier this month.

The report, dated May 2017, was commissioned by New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing to investigate the New Zealand Racing Board's blueprint for the future.

Until the release of the summary, none of the report's findings had seen daylight.

The report's summary showed Deloitte was critical of the NZRB's inability to secure or enhance its future.

It was also critical of the anticipated rate of return for the NZRB, which runs the TAB, from its soon to be unveiled fixed-odds platform.

The platform, which is set to be rolled out on August 1, is a collaborative project with overseas companies Paddypower Betfair and Open Bet and is estimated by Deloitte to cost from $59 million to $72 million.
An NZRB representative disputed that figure and said in its 2016 statement of intent showed the platform would cost $29-35 million (another NZRB clueless rep) . 

The margins the platform would return to the NZRB have been tested by financial firm KPMG, but Deloitte was critical of the strength of that testing in its report summary.

Allen is at odds with that criticism and is critical of Deloitte for not doing enough research into the fixed-odds platform (ha ha who didn't do enough research John?).

``Deloitte didn't talk to us (and exactly why would they, they are smarter than I thought). This was a desktop exercise that they undertook without actually engaging with us and in our view they have significantly understated the value we are going to create from this (ohh please).

``Because they have made assumptions about the way in which our calculations were reached which are simply not true.''(Unbelievable just spouts out uneducated drivel)

Allen is more than comfortable that the NZRB made the right choice in partnering with Paddypower and Openbet and that the partnership will increase his organisation's profitability.

``We are confident that the fixed-odds platform will create the value that we are expecting from it.'' (your value John and the real worlds are poles apart)

``We went through a very extensive exercise, by bet type, to assess the margin impacts that we expect to be delivered from this particular initiative.''(John you wouldn't know the difference between a first 4 and a quinella)

``There's a lot of analysis, a lot of thinking and a lot of testing ideas that has gone into that process.''(ha ha but whose heads did the ideas come from? the cleaner?) 

Partnering with Paddypower Betfair and Openbet was one of a range of options the NZRB had when choosing how to expand its fixed-odds business.

It is understood some betting agencies offered the NZRB much cheaper options.(well that wouldnt be hard to do would it)

Contracting out part of its core business meant the NZRB had to be thorough in choosing a partner.

Allen was not critical that the Deloitte report was commissioned, and he applauded any move to help boost NZRB income.

``We all want the same thing is which is to substantially increase the amount of funding for the industry.

``I think we can be very confident in the future of our industry. I know there are many challenges and I know as a consequence many people are asking question about that future.

``But I believe there is a lot of confidence.''(not in you John there was then or now) 

Cost to income opportunity is the problem with NZs racing and breeding industries 

We have a cost plus industry with a small opportunity to make a profit if any

Remember the days when breeders sent a mare to stud and paid no agistment only a service fee and reasonable vet fees

Racing is no different to rugby, golf etc - sports that have major problems 

There is no easy answer to racing woes my only complaint is that more immediate actions are required by RITA now