RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

Murray Baker tells it like it is....

So what was the purpose of the Messara review?  Closure of racecourses and now drops in stakesmoney by the sounds of it.  The racing industry is crazy to pin its hopes on Winston Peters, the guy is only interested in himself. 

34 minutes ago, departed said:

So what was the purpose of the Messara review?  Closure of racecourses and now drops in stakesmoney by the sounds of it.  The racing industry is crazy to pin its hopes on Winston Peters, the guy is only interested in himself. 

The main goal from the Commie Messara review ..is to close tracks under the guise that that'll save money when in fact that is a total misnomer.

To observe this progression come to pass luminates how gutless our industry participants are to stand back and let this Treason come about without even a "booh" from anyone.

Closing down tracks will accelerate the implosion of our industry..just what the Commies wanted..the Commies are the Globalists of the Big business  realms.

Win Peters and John Messara and other Globalists must piss themselves laughing at how 'simple' we are in our collective silences.  Just a subservient compliance while watching Rome burn..not even a word against their machinations.

New Zealand Racing industry..the biggest pushovers you'll ever witness.

People have to accept that Racing in NZ is a bit of a twilight industry. We have clubs that back in the 80s were doing $2.5m off course and $250,000 on course, that are now doing about $1m off and $30,000 on. Where people expect stakes increases to come from with this scenario I don't know. We have a few big "event" meetings like Wgtn Cup day and NZ Cup Day which really have little to do with Racing and are just a big piss-up and have little residual benefit to the industry. Facilities at most tracks have been let to run down over the years and are quite an embarrassment.

The general decline hasn't been helped by appalling management over the years; or should that be mismanagement.

Rita has been a disappointment so far. One of the first things they should have done was come out and say: "Look we acknowledge the Messara report isn't perfect, and some of the detail is "wrong", for instance it may not be a good idea to close Timaru and keep Waikouaiti, but at least we are making a start. The big worry is that they will probably try to do something dramatic to show they are taking action and they will probably cock it up totally.

I cannot fathom for the life of me why a prominent racing figure asserted in writing that stakes would double , it was never going to happen blind Freddie could see that . The AWT at Riccarton will not happen , doubt any others will. Thing is scroll through Aussie results midweek,week after week , horses with NZ suffix winning enough . Ive seen on more than one occasion , this week being one,  out of one card in total about 5 or so NZs running , running 1 and 2 in one race and winning two others , more than just a blip, it happens a lot . Top end stayers lacking at moment but generally still extremely good horses being produced , crying shame it's going downhill here .

2 hours ago, departed said:

The purpose , One reason and one reason only , to shift the blame from Winston to anyone else , Messara will be to blame not Winston when racing continues to fail . It wouldn't make any difference what was in the report as long as there was a report  that passed the buck . You have all been played for fools , just like the majority of those who voted for him .

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

Am I not always right though Heds ?

I warned that the Messara report was a myth, just fantasy stuff, and I’ve repeatedly warned that this industry has been in an irreversible implosion for about 12 years now, and that soon that implosion will accelerate with the almost certain complete collapse of the racing component of the industry as we know it.

I won’t touch on the appalling recruitment policy of NZTR today, nor the corrupt appointment process to the NZTR board, nor the woeful performance of successive CE’s and Chairpersons at NZTR.....

Everything I said and predicted was correct and eventuated Heds...and my current prediction is that things are about to get a whole lot worse 

The disgrace is that it's all by design..i've been harping on about this for nearly Twenty years..certainly as long as RaceCafe has been going.

That 'city of suits' needs dismantling and restructured into a 'skeleton' of servitude..that would free up quite a few million and save untold in the rollover of time and season.  Stop sniggering Winston! and all your comrades..it's time to empty the Trough of snouts.

1 hour ago, MiDeBo Racing said:

Anyone else see the comparisons between racing and Fonterras recent announcements?? Both could learn alot from each other. Get on with making the right decisions no matter how tough you percieve them to be and get on with doing the core things well. 

Mike

What are the right decisions?

I am not as anti Winston as most. At least he is trying to do something. No other minister of racing has made any effort to do anything at all. I was totally opposed to the stupid waste of money last time Winston was in. The five or six, million dollar plus races for three years achieved nothing, with no residual value. At least this time he has tried to source some "expert" advice, but sadly unsuccessfully. Australians of any ilk cannot come to NZ and tell us how to run our racing based on their experiences in Aussie. Our racing is totally different and our race-going public are totally different.

Racing was always going to struggle in NZ in the modern world, but we have not helped ourselves with poor and incompetent management. Our only hope to salvage anything out of the current mess is to get some real racing people running things, people with a passion for the industry. Get rid of all those with no investment in Racing; send them back to NZ Post, or Australia.

Bizarrely enough the basic materials are still there. There are plenty of horses, if they are utilized properly, there are plenty of racecourses, we even have jockeys, and good trainers. The basic infrastructure is there, it is just poorly utilized. We can afford some genuine non-racing "experts" in areas such as computer skills, but they need to be well proven and accountable. For too long Racing has been treated as a joke by people with no passion for the industry who are just happy to take a massive salary with no accountability.

If you go back thru the years you’ve had Peters, Nathan Nobody, Damian O’Connor, Annette King, Clem Simich etc. name one ground breaking policy that has emanated from any of them. Then there’s the Industry itself. That’s another story.

55 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I am not as anti Winston as most. At least he is trying to do something. No other minister of racing has made any effort to do anything at all. I was totally opposed to the stupid waste of money last time Winston was in. The five or six, million dollar plus races for three years achieved nothing, with no residual value. At least this time he has tried to source some "expert" advice, but sadly unsuccessfully. Australians of any ilk cannot come to NZ and tell us how to run our racing based on their experiences in Aussie. Our racing is totally different and our race-going public are totally different.

Racing was always going to struggle in NZ in the modern world, but we have not helped ourselves with poor and incompetent management. Our only hope to salvage anything out of the current mess is to get some real racing people running things, people with a passion for the industry. Get rid of all those with no investment in Racing; send them back to NZ Post, or Australia.

Bizarrely enough the basic materials are still there. There are plenty of horses, if they are utilized properly, there are plenty of racecourses, we even have jockeys, and good trainers. The basic infrastructure is there, it is just poorly utilized. We can afford some genuine non-racing "experts" in areas such as computer skills, but they need to be well proven and accountable. For too long Racing has been treated as a joke by people with no passion for the industry who are just happy to take a massive salary with no accountability.

It is all smoke and mirrors with Peters WD....promise the World, pass the buck to Messara to come up with largely unworkable solutions, and then blame everyone else in the Industry for not accepting them. Suckered in plenty though unfortunately....

7 minutes ago, Trump said:

If you go back thru the years you’ve had Peters, Nathan Nobody, Damian O’Connor, Annette King, Clem Simich etc. name one ground breaking policy that has emanated from any of them. Then there’s the Industry itself. That’s another story.

I think you are up Queensland way aren't you Trump? It is amazing how racing has boomed up there with a money boost well spent. The Saturday Brisbane fields throughout the year are now much better than previously. Brisbane has now become a viable option for NSW and even Victorian trainers looking for better tracks or slightly easier opposition. 

1 minute ago, Ohokaman said:

It is all smoke and mirrors with Peters WD....promise the World, pass the buck to Messara to come up with largely unworkable solutions, and then blame everyone else in the Industry for not accepting them. Suckered in plenty though unfortunately....

You may well be right. I have only talked to Winston once many years ago, in a bar late at night, so I really know little first hand about the man. I just give him credit for appearing to be interested. Who else in any of the parties is actually interested in Racing?

12 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

You may well be right. I have only talked to Winston once many years ago, in a bar late at night, so I really know little first hand about the man. I just give him credit for appearing to be interested. Who else in any of the parties is actually interested in Racing?

Well he's interested because it suits his political purpose to be seen as "The White Knight"......you are right though, Racing is not a priority for any party, which is surprising given its contribution to the economy and Govt coffers. It might take a collapse of gigantic proportions to get any serious attention from anyone.....meanwhile, Jones ponces about the country doling out money like it's going out of fashion.....:rolleyes:

12 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

I think you are up Queensland way aren't you Trump? It is amazing how racing has boomed up there with a money boost well spent. The Saturday Brisbane fields throughout the year are now much better than previously. Brisbane has now become a viable option for NSW and even Victorian trainers looking for better tracks or slightly easier opposition. 

Qld was heading the same way as NZ. There were only 2 interested Racing Ministers during the last 50 years. The best was Russ Hinze from the Lib/National Party and the other was Labour’s Bob Gibbs. I never met or knew Big Russ but had a few beers with Gibbs and he was an interested Racing Minister but not in same mould as Hinze. But other than that, since Gibbs went, the Racing Industry went backwards as Syd and Melb went ahead. It wasn’t until the Racing Industry participants themselves, the Owners, Trainers and even the Horse Studs, got off their collective arses about 2 years ago and “STRIKED”, that the Govt got into action. The slack arse current Labour Govt were about to burden the Industry with a large POC tax and not return any of the funds to the Industry! That was the catalyst for action and the Industry players got off their arses and took action. The situation then got attention and money was returned to the Industry. They have a “long” way to go and pressure has to be continually applied. It’s the very reason that the best talent is leaving South Australia in droves. The opportunities in other States are too inviting and eventually, NZ will be left with hobby trainers or setups like TeAkau who race in NZ mainly and if they think they have one good enough, cross the Tasman. But that model won’t last. Imho, until the NZ Industry gets involved in a similar way as Aust players have, it’s going to be stuffed around big time. The Messara Report is just that, a Report. You can acknowledge part or all of it however you want. It’s an opinion. But really, It’s up to the Industry as a whole to find the answers. Then there’s the action...

https://calvinayre.com/2018/12/12/business/new-zealand-betting-monopoly-denies-reject-myth-ineptitude/?fbclid=IwAR26nYIJwiF8C84Go-YGvFyKtp0vXIdVQuHEVdBtA8hJPKkgKLw0L_Dpje0

The NZRB argues that “there is a persistent myth that NZRB is not performing” but claims the results of the past year reveal that “for the first time in decades, the New Zealand racing industry is on the brink of achieving real progress.”

The NZRB cops to the process taking “slightly longer than anticipated” but promises that the new platform will be “a game changer for our business and for Kiwi punters.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NZ TAB completes $26m relaunch

10 January 2019

https://www.igamingbusiness.com/news/nz-tab-completes-26m-relaunch?fbclid=IwAR37hvuuJOoJxsHL3OOUz67EAN9md7iWzOwJqyFialJKGyHt9mI1TY6QXZg

“This is the dawn of a new era for the NZRB and for New Zealand betting customers as we deliver a more compelling betting experience and significantly enhancing the number of betting opportunities we can offer,” says NZRB chief executive John Allen.

“We’ve replaced our existing website and app with a responsive, modern and easy-to-navigate site that delivers more products and events.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With comments like the above from John Allen is it really any wonder that the noose gets tighter every week.  'New Website is responsive and easy to navigate', it wasn't from day 1 and still today is in coronary care ready to kark it. Some clowns actually think the older punting generation can't use the new website how strange making a comment like that when older people I know had no problem using the old site but can't come to grips using the new site even though its supposed to be responsive and easy to navigate. The older generation would find it easier negotiating a boat around the Cape Of Good Hope. Saying the older generation are the problem and not the Web site is actually an insult to their intelligence along with a poor and arrogant response

''Never fear John is here' the Industry is on the brink of achieving 'real' progress for the first time in decades. Sadly again shows no ability to lead an organisation as he continues to bury his head in denial as to what this Betting Platforms initial and ongoing costs has done to the NZ Racing Industry.

3 years the Industry was told it would take for the New Platform to pay for itself, it wont even pay for the 17 million a year it is costing to run and service it.

Murray  Baker is well aware of the failings of the past few years but it's scary to think when the $#%$ hits the fan its going to be a hell of a lot worse than he or anyone else ever imagined.

Every point that he sold the new platform to the Industry has failed along with overruns of millions and no mention of the $17 million a year associated costs until after the deal for the new platform was signed.  The guy is a liability along with his senior management. Said it before any other business organisation in the world would have dumped them months ago when the writing was on the wall that it was a failure to perform and deliver as promised to a struggling Industry. Sadly I don't think John Allen or his management actually know what is wrong with the new betting site so how the hell can they right a sinking ship.

Pay them out it will be money well spent. When you buy a yearling for a few hundred thousand at the sales and it doesn't come up to scratch and perform like you thought it would based on pedigree you sack it, you don't keep spending good money on nilers that have shown they will only be a liability. 

Fist month of the new season word is down 20% yes as John Allen said the new Platform is a dawn of a new era, we have seen the good days of the past and they won't be back eg the dawn won't be turning into sunlight :(

ps

Race 5 at Winton #14 the horse they named after the NZ Racing Industry might be worth a ticket 

From a selfish point of view I enjoy being able to rock up to headquarters, park easily, wander in, pay no entry, get my preferred seat, have Houlahan junior run off to a bouncy castle, buy a lemonade and a sandwich with zero queues, and bet without any hassle. 

But this is Ellerslie on Gt Northern Day. Where are the crowds? 

Me and junior went to an average day at Caulfield in April, yes it was, 'family day', but it required way more navigating and planning than any NZ race meeting, aside perhaps from boxing day races. I just....don't see how it can survive in its present form with such low attendance. Maybe the off course or sport's betting will save us?