RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Centrofold

History awaits Jimmy Choux

This poses a question...... "How many three year olds have won the 2000 Guinea's, NZ Derby and then gone on to win the Doncaster?. I think John also mentioned the Rosehill Guineas on route.

He did to stuff.co.nz, didn't say anything to me but it wouldn't surprise me.

None have won that treble - none have won the NZ Derby-Doncaster double.

He's a damn good horse though.

Unfortunately my Australian colleagues won't listen to me whatsoever because I have been saying for months WCSIN was the winner of the Oz Guineas :(

Lucky for me, I have a foot in both courts (half Aussie, half Kiwi) haha

He did to stuff.co.nz, didn't say anything to me but it wouldn't surprise me.

None have won that treble - none have won the NZ Derby-Doncaster double.

He's a damn good horse though.

Unfortunately my Australian colleagues won't listen to me whatsoever because I have been saying for months WCSIN was the winner of the Oz Guineas :(

Lucky for me, I have a foot in both courts (half Aussie, half Kiwi) haha

Thanks.......At this point maybe it is a good thing to keep our thoughts to ourselves. ;)

Time will tell with JC, I hope he has pulled up well after the NZ Derby.

Jimmy Choux.

Great.

He seemed to falter about 200 out and I thought momentarily;

"they are going to catch him.'

Then he ran away from them.

Another thought on the derby. Imagine twelve months ago that the sires of the 2011 derby trifecta would be Thorn Park, Choisir and Align; what sort of hallucinatory substance are you on?

Unreal, isn't it.

Jimmy Choux.

Great.

He seemed to falter about 200 out and I thought momentarily]

My own thoughts exactly!! - both on the run and on the respective sires. Quite amazing really and shows that pedigree only goes so far when evaluating a horse as a racehorse. However, I fear that if JC has a stud career - and he may - his pedigree deficiencies will become more apparent. In the meantime, I'll enjoy seeing him take on the Aussies and perhaps the world.

Thanks.......At this point maybe it is a good thing to keep our thoughts to ourselves. ]

Reading all these postings,it seems like all the posters are queing up 10 deep to attack JC the moment he gets beat.The horse has been up nearly all season,so I slightly presume the trainer knows what he's doing.The trainer was also quoted as saying JC will never run 2400 metres again,the only reason this time was the stake offered.This derby will probably not rate in future discussions because of horses not handling the track,but maybe they were saved further embarressment as I feel he would have still won by 5 lengths if the track was firm.We will never know.

Thanks.......At this point maybe it is a good thing to keep our thoughts to ourselves. ]

myk.... just in case you have miscomprended this post. I was not talking about Jimmy Choux with the first sentence. It was a response to the previous post which mentioned WCSIN.

However, the second sentence was about Jimmy Choux.

Most Kiwi's would be delighted to see Jimmy Choux win the Doncaster. Maybe not the fans of More Joyous.

Don't we all love Champions, even when they are Champions in the making? To quote John Barry.

Yeah - it is kind of interesting now you point it out Alan. I'm not really sufficiently trained to know if there is a medical reason for it. I had just put his improvement down to his greater maturity/furnishing as a colt, as the season has gone on. He has certainly matured physically by all accounts and from what I have seen of him on TV. I did read an article somewhere recently describing how some colts really furnish into something as 3yo's and others don't always make that same imrovement; the example they used was the contemporary one we have seen this season with Jimmy Choux and Cellarmaster. One has gone on to be something special and left the other behind..

However, perhaps others have some thoughts on your question?? You may be on to something!

Heart rate abnormalities. I guess horses are like humans - sometimes we just don't know what is normal and what isn't.

The two horses that stand out to me over the past few months is Jimmy Choux and We Can Say It Now. Someone even said after WCSIN's race at Te Rapa that they thouht there was something amiss with her. It got fobbed off. (It was on one of the Makin threads).

Someone was asked if there was 'a chink in Jimmy Choux's armour' and the response was no. So I gues there is no big deal about heart fibulation.

It is certainly interesting, isn't it?

Reading all these postings,it seems like all the posters are queing up 10 deep to attack JC the moment he gets beat.The horse has been up nearly all season,so I slightly presume the trainer knows what he's doing.The trainer was also quoted as saying JC will never run 2400 metres again,the only reason this time was the stake offered.This derby will probably not rate in future discussions because of horses not handling the track,but maybe they were saved further embarressment as I feel he would have still won by 5 lengths if the track was firm.We will never know.

Did you catch the latest in "Off the Rails"?

John Barry has stated that Jimmy Choux if thriving. He is at Warwick Farm (somewhere, secretive ;) ) and is heading for the AJC Derby. Unless the connections change their minds. ;)

to see JC in the Rosehill Guineas. The Aussies will back their own, so one will probably get better odds than one would normally get on such a "good horse", especially after WCSIN flopped (for wahtever reason) as a heavily backed fav in the Flemington Guineas. Then again, maybe it was the weight of the owners money that dragged her price down?

Hey Sherrif,

Please allow me to use this site to wish John Bary and his team the very best of luck.

I was so impressed about that Derby win that I have raved to my Aussie mates about it. They have seen me behave foolishly in the past so I dearly hope this will not be another time.

Go "The Choux"

to see JC in the Rosehill Guineas. The Aussies will back their own, so one will probably get better odds than one would normally get on such a "good horse", especially after WCSIN flopped (for wahtever reason) as a heavily backed fav in the Flemington Guineas. Then again, maybe it was the weight of the owners money that dragged her price down?

Yep, the big tip this morning was that Absolutelyawesome. I wonder how He's Remarkable will go. He could be the overlooked horse in the field if the track is to his liking.

Maybe it is wishful thinking but I would like to see He's Remarkable run in the money too. :D

He could well bob into a place - that horse of Snowdens, Retrieve, looks pretty good too. I just think Jimmy's a complete freak - and they're always hard to beat - even more so when astutely trained and placed.

his price was a beauty. Courtesy of the Aussies rating their own so well - and in many cases, rightly so,but not this time. ( Not the cricket team either).

He showed his ultimate class in NZ and has beaten probably as good a staying field of 3yo's Aussie is likely to assemble. So, JC's Derby prospects look good.

How good is BP? NZ is looking at getting the Oaks and the Derby in Sydney! Then there's Wall Street in the Donnie and Keep the etc in the BMW!! What a multi!!

Along with the rest of the NZ throughbred racing public who are thrilled with Jimmy's Success yesterday - May the good run continue. Well done all of the team, enjoy the ride and the success. Horses like Jimmy Choux do so much for the industry.

PS: Lloyd, you were right again :D