RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
gazza123

AUCKLAND UPDATE

16 hours ago, tim vince said:

puke zoned future residential I think.very valuable.give up the park u are g9ving up on course crowds functions etc.condemning trotting to nil future  in north.tye fan base it has at the moment will disappear.

Your thoughts on the harold park to menangle situation then. Essentially the same thing and seemed to only boost harness in nsw? They still get big crowds for the big days.

People say we need the functions to enhance the fan base and financial involvement. How many people that have attended a function at the park over the past 5 years have actually returned to the park or started following the sport on there own accord there after.....

My guess is very very few

The profit that could be made from selling the prk would be more than a 200 year's of a  function a meeting

Plus a change of location wouldnt stop the punters.

I may be wrong, but I seem to recall that one of the main reasons they changed from Saturday nights to Friday nights was they got first bight out of the workers pay packet before gallops on saturday day.      Of course nowdays very very few workers get a brown envelope on a Thursday or Friday as it all goes into bank account so this argument no longer valid.     Yes Tim, at least the club should try some Saturday nights.   We know you trainers would relish the motorways without the Friday 5 pm congestion and I'm sure many of the general public would also embrace this.

tabcorp have never embraced a local nz harness or dog meeting on a Saturday night and without commingling it would be a waste of time......... 

i guess you could run a lower stakes meeting where turnover/stakes would be in perspective but i'm sure owners/trainers wouldn't want too give up 

15/20k races too run for 4 or 5k...........

1 hour ago, tim vince said:

Wasn't pukekohe bought at a bargain price to be a showpiece training track.aint seen much money spent on it.the functions are often racenight. Not sure how many would attend a meeting at pukekohe.what about shifting to Saturday nights at the park.

Christ Tim, if Aucklanders can't get off their arses to go to the Park, who in their right mind would expect them to go to Pukekohe...???

Too many other options on a Saturday night for the discretionary dollar. The only thing that gets people back to the track is Champions.

And they are in short supply right now. ....;)

48 minutes ago, Patiti said:

What if I buy an apartment because it overlooks the park and they close the track and just put more apartments there.

Too risky now.

They were marketed because of the unique situation. 

That lovely "Lifestyle Village" doesn't seem quite so appealing now does it....??