RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
gazza123

AUCKLAND UPDATE

This is so sad. Why would a trotting club want to get involved in property development, something they know nothing about? 

This is RACE all over again. RACE dropped $12M when they bulit a conference centre in Awapuni of all places but they did not have the money to pay for it. They were relying on the sale of residential sections but the GFC came along and they were stuiffed. They are still struggling today to clear the debt after untold property sales.

36 minutes ago, bloke said:

This is so sad. Why would a trotting club want to get involved in property development, something they know nothing about? 

This is RACE all over again. RACE dropped $12M when they bulit a conference centre in Awapuni of all places but they did not have the money to pay for it. They were relying on the sale of residential sections but the GFC came along and they were stuiffed. They are still struggling today to clear the debt after untold property sales.

Ask the stupid now departed CEO and her Board. Grandiose ideas of a "lifestyle village" sold by someone with no commercial experience. The fabulous "projected" returns were to be the saviour of harness racing in Auckland. 

Anyone taken responsibility for this fiasco...?? No, didn't think so.......

As a passionate trotting fan I can't believe this is anything other than an urban land grab by property developers ( not that they are invisible ). After all where else could you find another development site in such a prime part of the city ?

By the time we realise we have been duped , those responsible will be long gone with their golden parachute's.

5 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

The ATC softening up exercise has begun with president talking about Franklin Trotting property at Pukekohe.

I can see it now- based on the financial plight of the club assets have to be sold to  $$$$$$$

Greg

There was a large story about this in The Informant last year. They were exploring selling Cambridge and Pukekohe and moving to a new facility in Ohinewai. Most property owners surrounding the track in Pukekohe have already sold their land to developers... including the massive Lincoln Farms complex, which I think has a leaseback until 2024? There is a new secondary school going in there too and that will only ramp up the likelihood of the track closing. 

1 hour ago, tim vince said:

puke zoned future residential I think.very valuable.give up the park u are g9ving up on course crowds functions etc.condemning trotting to nil future  in north.tye fan base it has at the moment will disappear.

Obviously a bit of a piss take Tim- or was it? AP is a bitch to get to and it's not going to get any better and despite it being in the middle of a city of 1.5 million people, no bastard goes. I know what you're saying about the functions but they're not going to pay their court costs or the $40mil deficit. Not really a good situation going forward.

10 hours ago, Toblerone said:

There was a large story about this in The Informant last year. They were exploring selling Cambridge and Pukekohe and moving to a new facility in Ohinewai. Most property owners surrounding the track in Pukekohe have already sold their land to developers... including the massive Lincoln Farms complex, which I think has a leaseback until 2024? There is a new secondary school going in there too and that will only ramp up the likelihood of the track closing. 

Friends of ours were looking at a Country property down that way and were very keen until they found out that thousands of new houses ( figure of 20,000 + mentioned ) are planned for the area close to Pukekohe which will change the landscape and traffic volumes considerably.