RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GOM

An admission

I take on board the comments we sometimes read about all the negative shit that appears on the greyhound related media sites and try to concentrate on the positive, which is why I don't have anything to post recently.

However so called negative comment is needed, it is how we point out deficiencies and unfairness within the system. It often is the first step to positive change. The secret appears to be to keeping within the bounds of decency or at least reason.

Is the recent flip flop from our indecisive board an admission that the time has come for the Association to admit that we have devalued our sport to the point it is now import dependent?

The lack of consultation before the import fee was raised then just as quickly reversed does not give anyone confidence that the board actually know what they are doing we were told we would be advised of the reasons for this flip flop shortly. Surely the treaty doesn't have to be rewritten before they make this statement. This appears to be kids stuff.

Most analysts agree that high staff turnover with an organization is a sign of bad management, I am not sure what they call it when it is top to bottom turnover, maybe high class mismanagement

20 hours ago, GOM said:

I take on board the comments we sometimes read about all the negative shit that appears on the greyhound related media sites and try to concentrate on the positive, which is why I don't have anything to post recently.

However so called negative comment is needed, it is how we point out deficiencies and unfairness within the system. It often is the first step to positive change. The secret appears to be to keeping within the bounds of decency or at least reason.

Is the recent flip flop from our indecisive board an admission that the time has come for the Association to admit that we have devalued our sport to the point it is now import dependent?

The lack of consultation before the import fee was raised then just as quickly reversed does not give anyone confidence that the board actually know what they are doing we were told we would be advised of the reasons for this flip flop shortly. Surely the treaty doesn't have to be rewritten before they make this statement. This appears to be kids stuff.

Most analysts agree that high staff turnover with an organization is a sign of bad management, I am not sure what they call it when it is top to bottom turnover, maybe high class mismanagement

Im off the opinion most of them left before they were removed after the cole shambles is over.

On 9/4/2019 at 7:04 AM, Rules For Some said:

Im off the opinion most of them left before they were removed after the cole shambles is over.

Yes but who's left with the knowledge to get us back on track. The  current board is not up to it.