RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Auckland Racing Club

Walk the Ellerslie steeplechase course

Join jumps jockey legends Michelle Strawbridge (nee Hopkins) and Wayne Hillis on a stroll around the famous Ellerslie steeplechase course on the morning of Great Northern Day.  

Michelle and Wayne will provide great insight into what it takes to win the great race.  Both were involved in the famous Great Northern Steeplechase dead-heat of 2001.

Morning tea available from 9am with the walk to start at 9.30am

Please email craigb@ellerslie.co.nz if you are interested in attending.  

3 hours ago, Chestnut said:

It sure is.   Reminds me of the trail that the boys took for Baggy :)     

I've been on many trails with Wayne and I've run off every-time ! :rcf-laughing-2:  I've never made it to the top of the hill either....rolled down a few! :rcf-monkey:

Will participants of the walk have to wear a wet suit when navigating the water jump in front of the Ascot Stand? More seriously, that deadheat call from Keith Haub was one of his best. After 6400m he actually called “dead heat!” As Sir Avion and Smart Hunter crossed the Finish Line, many widths apart. Amazing call by one of the best. 

A couple of years ago I thought I would walk all of NZ's current TAB racecourses. First stop was Kaikoura - no problem. Then Otaki where we asked the Lady who seemed to be in charge. She did not cooperate. 

So I realised my plan was an impossibility.

One would hope they advertise this event in the local media as I'm sure there will be those who would like to partake.

Maybe put a sign up at the entry ways so those who do regularly stroll or run around the track are aware of it and encourage them to have a day at the Races.