RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tripple alliance

Racing minister .

Anyone know if he is back at work , officially he has had a leg operation and was off work for the rest of the week .

19 August .'' Deputy Prime Minister Winston Peters will be off work at Parliament for the rest of this week as he recovers from an operation on his leg.''

Last year a friend of mine went hunting on Stuart Island , just before he left he had a check up , on his return he was contacted by his doctor , get to hospital you have a problem , PART  of his surgery required a leg operation , the removal of a vein ,  could this be a similar situation .

My friend was incredibly lucky not to die , he's now 70 and back at work .

2 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Might be getting ready for that Pike River mine entry......or not.....:rolleyes:

If my suspicions are correct  by now he will be using a tread mill to make sure the blood is pumping  after the operation , I doubt pike river will be on his mind .

As for the mine , You do realise by law no one can go past a certain point in any mine which has only one entrance , the pike river recovery operation has to apply for an exemption to the law to actually enter the mine past a certain point , this is likely to be declined , just money down the drain or mine if you like .

18 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

If my suspicions are correct  by now he will be using a tread mill to make sure the blood is pumping  after the operation , I doubt pike river will be on his mind .

As for the mine , You do realise by law no one can go past a certain point in any mine which has only one entrance , the pike river recovery operation has to apply for an exemption to the law to actually enter the mine past a certain point , this is likely to be declined , just money down the drain or mine if you like .

Which is why he was so keen to be first in line no doubt......more bullshit bravado....:rolleyes:

15 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Which is why he was so keen to be first in line no doubt......more bullshit bravado....:rolleyes:

Really, the Pike River Mine promise was just another of those loonie, Leftie, feel good thought bubbles that are aired by the crazies, without any idea whatsoever of how it could happen, whether it was possible and how long would it take - if it was possible. All it does is give relatives and friends false hope. 

The man's 73 years old for gods sake. Get off his back. As for Trumps allegation that the Pike River recovery plan was a lefty feel good bubble, I would remind him that the recovery plan was instigated by the previous National government. I assume Trump is emulating his name sake by spouting false news

2 hours ago, Stables said:

The man's 73 years old for gods sake. Get off his back. As for Trumps allegation that the Pike River recovery plan was a lefty feel good bubble, I would remind him that the recovery plan was instigated by the previous National government. I assume Trump is emulating his name sake by spouting false news

No National sealed the mine . 

1 hour ago, Stables said:

Yes but they did promise that they would  enable famiy to enter the mine. A promise made by John Key, which was subsequently renequed

The word is reneged. Probably because they knew it was very unlikely there would be any recovery.

Nationals experts told them it would be unsafe to enter the mine. Labor's experts told them the opposite but anything they want to find pertaining to bodies is over 2kms down. While no news is said to be good news, no news is no news imho. Sorry, way off the subject.

7 hours ago, Stables said:

Yes but they did promise that they would  enable famiy to enter the mine. A promise made by John Key, which was subsequently renequed

And that's where the BS comes in , yes he did say that BUT with real strings attached , a point that lefty's choose to ignore . Our racing minister was going to be first down the mine , what happened there .

'' Mr Peter During the post-Cabinet news conference on Monday afternoon, he reaffirmed the pledge  first made the promise in front of Pike River families in December 2016, saying: "I'm that confident on the expert advice that you have, that I'm offering to be on the first party back in."

Now let's get back on topic , it will be interesting to see if his health issue has been resolved and he is able to return to work today , some times these issues can drag on for longer than expected .