RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Another Departure To Australia

NZ trainer Brendon Hawtin to move to Aust

By AAP Newswire

New Zealand trainer Brendon Hawtin is to move to Australia to become an assistant to ex-pat kiwis Trent Busuttin and Natalie Young at their Cranbourne stable.

"The opportunity arose to be assistant trainer to Trent and Natalie and I will be applying for my trainers' license over there so it is too good to turn down," Hawtin told NZ Racing Desk.

"I've been friends with Trent and Natalie for years and they are flying over there, getting bigger and bigger. I will be taking over a new barn at Cranbourne to have 30 of their horses in work.

"I've always wanted to have a go in Australia at some stage and I had to grab this with two hands.

"I will finish up at my Cambridge stable on Friday."

Stephen Marsh, whose training operation is expanding, is stepping in to take over Hawtin's Cambridge stable and Hawtin's father Keith will reapply for his trainer's licence to continue the Te Awamutu stable, which he has been managing for his

"It's all worked out well," Hawtin said. "Initially when I get over to Aussie I'll probably end up back in Sydney for a month or so with some of Trent and Natalie's horses."

Hawtin made his mark in Sydney earlier this winter with Simply Optimistic, who won a race at Randwick.

Hawtin began training in 2006-07 with his father, who had topped the New Zealand premiership twice when in partnership with Graeme Rogerson.

Hawtin branched out on his own account when his father handed in his licence in 2015."The highlight so far was getting that win in Sydney with Simply Optimistic," he said. "I took a gamble and it paid off.

"Now I've got the opportunity to carry on from there in Aussie."

Shepperton News

40 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

The world’s worst trade ....we take their administrators , they take our best licensees .....WTF !!!!

When will we ever learn ?

Based on recent history- not in our lifetime P4P although the tea lady says BS is not endearing himself to the masses :rcf-laughing-3:

Greg

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Based on recent history- not in our lifetime P4P although the tea lady says BS is not endearing himself to the masses :rcf-laughing-3:

Greg

Hardly a surprise Greg.....just another in a long line who will eventually bugger off into the sunset without a second thought.....

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

And who can really blame them...its a no brainer really.

In all of this the one who has surprised me and stayed put  is Tony Pike. He is a seriously good trainer with a proven track record  of success  over there  and a client base to support him.

Greg 

12 minutes ago, gubellini said:

As predicted ad nauseum more gifted young trainers sure to follow. NZRB has morphed into RITA which will morph into Wagering NZ. Same elite people enjoying a daily banquet while the real workers are fighting over the crumbs.

Just what has RITA done so far anyway....??