RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Sublimate

Viewing Trackside from outside of NZ

Hi guys, looking for a way to view Trackside 1 and 2 but I'm based outside of NZ so having a few issues. Can't join tab.co.nz because of legal restrictions, heard that Spark will now be broadcasting it so joined up but they have no idea when that will start :rcfe-angry: Is there any other way to view Trackside online? I know Sky GO also has it but have to have a SKY subscription which obviously I can't have ugh (anyone who has a SKY subscription that wants to split the cost let me know lol).

Thanks for any help.

4 minutes ago, Sublimate said:

Thanks for the reply Stables, looking for live vision unfortunately but I'm pretty sure as a non NZ resident I'm out of options, at least until Spark introduce it.

There are a few options for you, but you will need to pay for it.

You need a VPN setup which makes it look as though you are in NZ, basically you are renting a space on a computer based in NZ.

I know plenty in Aus who do the below.

https://www.ransomit.com.au/new-zealand-vps/

Takes a bit of time to set up, & there is a 600GB limit per month for the AUD$12 month cost.

But firstly you need to find a friendly mate here whom will open a NZTAB account for you and deposit $10 so you can access the vision.

Really depends on how serious you are I guess.

18 minutes ago, Sublimate said:

Thanks for the reply Stables, looking for live vision unfortunately but I'm pretty sure as a non NZ resident I'm out of options, at least until Spark introduce it.

Just use a VPN service to set your location to NZ

Thanks guys, already have the VPN (need it for Spark) and happy to pay but don't know anyone over there who could open a TAB account and I'd probably feel a bit weird asking anyway lol. That's why I was wondering if there were any other options or if someone wanted to split their SKY bill or something. Thanks again, I appreciate the advice.

On 8/31/2019 at 8:06 PM, colx said:

Is it possible to open a nz tab account on the net using a VPN showing a new Zealand IP address

youll simply need to ring the NZ tab and find out the processes... which im certain you already knew to do :D

So as it turns out I'm actually allowed to have a TAB account, I just can't place a bet while I'm physically outside of NZ... cough, VPN, cough. So I'm all up and running, thanks guys!

Just a question though, Trackside seems to be super delayed. A few times now I've gone to put a bet on and the race has closed well before they jump on the stream. If anyone who also has access to SKY would check to see if that is any quicker I would be forever in your debt!

17 hours ago, Sublimate said:

So as it turns out I'm actually allowed to have a TAB account, I just can't place a bet while I'm physically outside of NZ... cough, VPN, cough. So I'm all up and running, thanks guys!

Just a question though, Trackside seems to be super delayed. A few times now I've gone to put a bet on and the race has closed well before they jump on the stream. If anyone who also has access to SKY would check to see if that is any quicker I would be forever in your debt!

I view Trackside via SKY - the next race, regardless of code/country seems to close up to  30 seconds before the jump is viewed on SKY. On that basis, I figure there is quite a delay.

Hi RacingJimmy and wandaevert,  with the Express VPN app is it still working for you in relation to the TAB app when you are traveling overseas? If so what about Trackside One and Two?

Will Geo Blocking effect it?

Good question Insider ....I was wondering the same myself re Geoblocking.

Can or will you be prosecuted for breaking the law using VPN's? .....apparently, the laws are different in each country so 'getting on' will become just another hurdle to jump as the noose tightens around the punters neck.

FF.

On 8/27/2019 at 6:11 PM, Sublimate said:

Hi guys, looking for a way to view Trackside 1 and 2 but I'm based outside of NZ so having a few issues. Can't join tab.co.nz because of legal restrictions, heard that Spark will now be broadcasting it so joined up but they have no idea when that will start :rcfe-angry: Is there any other way to view Trackside online? I know Sky GO also has it but have to have a SKY subscription which obviously I can't have ugh (anyone who has a SKY subscription that wants to split the cost let me know lol).

Thanks for any help.

Have you tried loveracing.nz or hrnz.co.nz?  Both websites stream Tab Trackside online, hrnz.co.nz doesn't  require you to sign up and log in.