RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Keeping it Kiwi-J Mac and Te Akau

Sydney’s champion jockey James McDonald has secured the coveted ride on Te Akau Shark when the Kiwi raider makes the trip across the Tasman to race in Sydney next month.

Te Akau Racing announced on Twitter on Monday that McDonald would ride the Jamie Richards-trained galloper in the Group II Tramway Stakes at Randwick on September 7.

It will be the Rip Van Winkle five-year-old's first run across the ditch as Richards plots a course towards claiming a Group I on Australian soil. 

Te Akau Shark is a $6 favourite with TAB.com.au for the Epsom Handicap and a $15 hope in Cox Plate betting.

Te Akau Shark has built an imposing record in New Zealand with five wins and one placing from seven starts.

He won a Group III Red Badge Sprint (1400m) at Hastings and a Group II at Riccarton last preparation before narrowly going down in the Group II Foxbridge Plate (1200m) at Te Rapa when kicking off his spring campaign.

McDonald has also picked up the ride on the Richards-trained Probabeel for the Group II Furious Stakes at Randwick on the same day. 

A Karaka Million winner, Probabeel finished fifth behind Microphone in the Group I Sires Produce during the Sydney autumn. 

Racenet

I think that this might be the answer to the question, “Is TAS the real deal?”. Firstly, the Big Mac  has a pretty big choice of good horses to ride from leading Sydney Stable’s. With all the big races coming up he wouldn’t be riding anything but the better ones. The fact that he’s been given the ride and not OPB would also be an indication that JMAC really wanted it.  Secondly, The bookies have TAS fave for the Epsom and close to fave for the Cox. These two factors would lead most intelligent people to conclude that pretty smart people have seen enough to rate the horse very highly. The third part of this conclusion is the slashing first up run from a spell, which showed he’s come back in great shape. 

41 minutes ago, Trump said:

I think that this might be the answer to the question, “Is TAS the real deal?”. Firstly, the Big Mac  has a pretty big choice of good horses to ride from leading Sydney Stable’s. With all the big races coming up he wouldn’t be riding anything but the better ones. The fact that he’s been given the ride and not OPB would also be an indication that JMAC really wanted it.  Secondly, The bookies have TAS fave for the Epsom and close to fave for the Cox. These two factors would lead most intelligent people to conclude that pretty smart people have seen enough to rate the horse very highly. The third part of this conclusion is the slashing first up run from a spell, which showed he’s come back in great shape. 

The way it reads it will be a one ride job at this stage. J Mac will then probably decide to commit or otherwise.

Greg

10 hours ago, Trump said:

I assume TAS will be  off quite  low weight in Epsom maybe too low for OPB and they may want continuity .Has Bowman got first choice of Sydney Godolphin runners now? From first glance he's having more rides for them last month or so.

16 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

I assume TAS will be  off quite  low weight in Epsom maybe too low for OPB and they may want continuity .Has Bowman got first choice of Sydney Godolphin runners now? From first glance he's having more rides for them last month or so.

More a case of weights id say. Bowman lightest riding weight since his break is 57kgs. 

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

What’s the track like over there ? He’s ten lengths better on decent ground isn’t he ? Even though he’s won in the wet.

TAS is definitely the real deal but he won’t be at his best yet, and he’s second up ...I could forgive him if he gets beat this week.

Any thoughts from the intelligent Cafers ?

The race is still about 10 days away.