RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

May and O'Reilly at Gore

What on earth is going on here . Long drive down from mid Canterbury to Gore  and neither of them ran in first 4 with any of their drives. Mind you they way they drive down south and the way May drives its not really a surprise, have a look at his performance in the last on Tetrick.

Greg

12 minutes ago, arjay said:

Ricky May, you saying he's no good? Oh dear you have a bet on the last with tetrick and lose?  Sour grapes post I feel

Never said RTM he was no good. Just said neither him or Leo ran a place between them .

As for Mays drive in the last I did back the horse but got tri and quinella nonetheless so had a nice result. He had numerous chances to improve but chose his classic run on late off slow speed type drive. That's how myself and others  on track saw it 

If you saw it differently then good for you 

Greg

On 8/26/2019 at 10:56 AM, arjay said:

Ricky May, you saying he's no good? Oh dear you have a bet on the last with tetrick and lose?  Sour grapes post I feel

Would never say no good but has a reputation for being tame sometimes.  Funnily enough without any other  comment from me,   asked one  top trainer  how he rated him. . His exact words were " Bit passive on occasions "    No one in right mind would  say he wasn't a good driver though.

I never quite understand this Ricky stuff when it crops up. In my opinion, in terms of longevity, his career is one of the best we've ever had.

I dont know the exact number, but from memory, since 1989 he's only finished outside of the top five drivers for the season on about a handful of occasions, and on those occasions was usually not far off it.

Nearly 3,000 wins would suggest anyone who questions his ability in the sulky might need to take a good look at themselves. 

Add to that the fact that over the past 90 seasons, which have included the dominance of Dexter and Blair he's still managed to drive more than 900 winners and I'd suggest he doesnt have to answer to anyone. 

Just my opinion and happy to be proven wrong. Three decades on top, and right near the top of your field is a remarkable feat by anyone - and there's no sign of it stopping anytime soon either.

10 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

I never quite understand this Ricky stuff when it crops up. In my opinion, in terms of longevity, his career is one of the best we've ever had.

I dont know the exact number, but from memory, since 1989 he's only finished outside of the top five drivers for the season on about a handful of occasions, and on those occasions was usually not far off it.

Nearly 3,000 wins would suggest anyone who questions his ability in the sulky might need to take a good look at themselves. 

Add to that the fact that over the past 90 seasons, which have included the dominance of Dexter and Blair he's still managed to drive more than 900 winners and I'd suggest he doesnt have to answer to anyone. 

Just my opinion and happy to be proven wrong. Three decades on top, and right near the top of your field is a remarkable feat by anyone - and there's no sign of it stopping anytime soon either.

Im not reading anywhere on here that anyone says he is no good Matt and his record is there for all to see.  I did raise the question of his drive on Tetrick in the last at Gore . Go watch the replay and see if you thought it was a good drive on a horse that had been racing well of late. As always its a matter of opinion. On this occasion a few of us thought it was a poor drive which all drivers are want to do from time to time.Nothing more nothing less.

Greg

46 minutes ago, Stables said:

If it was a poor drive Ricky would be the first person to say so

Yeah nah. Correct you are Stables. Trouble is he is driving lesser horses at these  secondary meetings so patience and conservatism is his preferred option at times. He is not alone there though

Greg