poundforpound

Anyone fancy a Losers Get Laid comp ?

18 posts in this topic

My rules

My old format ( someone pull it up please )

No nillers from the oxidation pond, or Sunlunaticiwasajockeybutnowimjustafailure

Start Saturday week, every Saturday plus Melbourne Cup Day, NZ Trotting Cup, and all three days Riccarton Cup week

Finish NZ Cup day ( galloping Cup ) with 

Only group or listed races across NZ, NSW & Victoria 

Someone else mark the card please

Usual story with joker

G1 triple points

G2 double points 

G3 and listed single points 

Once you fall 250 points behind you’re out ( mercy clause ) 

All in week one, no late entries

First prize $500 bar tab at HQ to be used before Jan 31 2020 

Second prize $250 at HQ see above 

Third prize fuck all

What do you say ?

1 hour ago, Toblerone said:

It's probably too late to start today. But if you want to start next week, or in a fortnight, I will volunteer to run it. I'll dig up the old rules and re-familiarise myself.

Perfect.....get one other person to help you...maybe Insider ( Liz ).

Scooby can we run LGL on the main board please, not in the comps section ...thx...

Good luck 

I recall this wonderful contest a few years ago when if a contestant did not enter one week their horse was Mike Dillon's favourite pick.  It was eminently fair as it was a favourite that had the "Dillon Curse"  placed upon it.  Which tipster in 2019 could take over from Mike Dillon?

Cafers - can you confirm for me that I have got this right, having never entered a lay of the day comp.

The idea is to pick the shortest price favourite which you are sure will NOT win, thereby ensuring the most points, is that right? So for example, Melody Belle, $2.50 fave in the Trump Stakes, gets beaten, is worth more than Tom Melbourne, paying $45 in Melbourne cup, finishes 5th. 

Is that roughly it?

11 minutes ago, Houlahan's Dream said:

The idea is to pick the shortest price favourite which you are sure will NOT win, thereby ensuring the most points, is that right? So for example, Melody Belle, $2.50 fave in the Trump Stakes, gets beaten, is worth more than Tom Melbourne, paying $45 in Melbourne cup, finishes 5th. 

Yep, you got it

For most it will be easier than picking a winner as technically you have almost the entire field running for you. Just ask the Trackside tipsters.

I vividly recall being in a pub comp one Saturday and my pick was a steeplechaser running in a sprint race at Te Rapa......... there wasn't the Points calculated like our comp today just pick one in each race for the day and the winner was the person with the least points at the end of the day.

A fella called Lester Piggot put me out of the comp that day when he won on the Steeplechaser.......... "apparently" he was quite a good Jock

.......Tui !!