RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Taupo Gone!!

It will be interesting to see what they do with the 3yo fillies race, which I see they are trying to reschedule. The only options would seem to be to add it to next week's Matamata or HB programmes. I can't see the Taupo Club or their sponsor being too keen to give $15,000 to another club, which would create a funding issue at Matamata, so HB probably the best option as the basic stake there is $25,000 anyhow.

2 hours ago, tim vince said:

We breed good stayerss.owners who stay in the game no matter how much they get kicked in the head.

Not sure stayers here too good nowdays , I had look at Subzero 's Cup field the  other week out of interest  , the suffixes are very very different to Cross Counter's Cup, or Rekindlings .The numbers of top ten NZ bred stayers in Cup top 10 last few years would be few . Good in age group racing but swamped thereafter nowdays .

6 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

True.....but watch the NH / UK success rate go into a tail spin now the handicapper has finally worked out that your late autumn three year olds are effectively “old horses” by SH standards....your days of being gifted handicaps are over, and you’re no good enough for WFA racing down here.

Not saying NZ handicappers are up to MC class, far from it, in fact I think the Japanese are the best handicappers, but you lot have had it too easy for too long and it’s about to end

We don't agree on this one , but that's whats great about racing .Benbatl, Adelaide ,Side Glance are a few recently picked up wfa group 1s from Europe.Latrobe went pretty close last year .

Cheval Grand goes for another win for Japanese tonight in International.

The Statesman running over sticks at Ballarat Sunday , should hose home . Won its only race over hurdles in UK in October of 3 year old season before it went to OZ . Ran over 8 hurdles, two miles carrying 70 kilos , 52 odd kg  for a NH 3 year old in Cup featherweight .

41 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

We don't agree on this one , but that's whats great about racing .Benbatl, Adelaide ,Side Glance are a few recently picked up wfa group 1s from Europe.Latrobe went pretty close last year .

Cheval Grand goes for another win for Japanese tonight in International.

The Statesman running over sticks at Ballarat Sunday , should hose home . Won its only race over hurdles in UK in October of 3 year old season before it went to OZ . Ran over 8 hurdles, two miles carrying 70 kilos , 52 odd kg  for a NH 3 year old in Cup featherweight .

Raheen House running in The Ebor RR.....finished ahead of Enable last year.

Been bought by Australian Bloodstock along with Mustajeer for the Caulfield and Melbourne Cups.

17 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Raheen House running in The Ebor RR.....finished ahead of Enable last year.

Been bought by Australian Bloodstock along with Mustajeer for the Caulfield and Melbourne Cups.

Yes , only other horse that has finished in front of her was Shutter Speed , same owner trainer and Dettori chose her over Enable correctly at Newbury. She went on to finish 4th in French Oaks , within a length of Sistercharlie who is one of best stateside now . Shutter Speed went to states but has never got back on racecourse.

Raymond Tusk iam liking in Ebor .Logician should win at short odds tonight to keep Dettori /Gosden train running .

Very little innovation in NZ racing.

With so many promising horses still to race the smart option would have been to quickly organize gallops of 2 or 3 horses with a continuous flow through the parade ring. Coupled with TV filming plus interviews the exercise would have taken no more than an hour and half. This would enable oncourse entertainment plus great PR to punters who could latch on to horses and back them for the rest of the year. 

Just needs people thinking outside the square. Some incentive given for owners and trainers to participate.

51 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

Very little innovation in NZ racing.

With so many promising horses still to race the smart option would have been to quickly organize gallops of 2 or 3 horses with a continuous flow through the parade ring. Coupled with TV filming plus interviews the exercise would have taken no more than an hour and half. This would enable oncourse entertainment plus great PR to punters who could latch on to horses and back them for the rest of the year. 

Just needs people thinking outside the square. Some incentive given for owners and trainers to participate.

If a track is unsafe you can't send horses out to gallop on it, really what are you thinking

7 hours ago, poundforpound said:

NZTR in charge of code / club investment, R&M plus track safety ......RIU / NZRB in charge raceday only 

Yes, but you can’t do much if you are starved of money. :rcf-sad-4:

13 minutes ago, uneasy said:

If a track is unsafe you can't send horses out to gallop on it, really what are you thinking

The track was perfectly safe for two or three horses to gallop avoiding the bad patch which was about 3 widths off the rail due to the trials held a few weeks previous.

7 hours ago, NextPlease said:

Latrobe was beaten by a horse deemed not good enough to run in the Cox Plate and finished just in front of the plodding Derby winner Extra Brut.

Yes Latrobe a long way off best wfa horses in Europe as seen by its entries up there this year. , the wfa scales didn't do him no favours as a NH 3 yo  , got 3lb off Trap for Fools a 5 yo gelding for head beating and gave Extra Brut 15 lb and finished   in front of him. . Had Shillelagh behind a multiple group 1 winner and It's Somewhat who was handy horse in Oz  so not sure what point you are making . Is it the Mackinnon is a weak race ?

47 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Yes Latrobe a long way off best wfa horses in Europe as seen by its entries up there this year. , the wfa scales didn't do him no favours as a NH 3 yo  , got 3lb off Trap for Fools a 5 yo gelding for head beating and gave Extra Brut 15 lb and finished   in front of him. . Had Shillelagh behind a multiple group 1 winner and It's Somewhat who was handy horse in Oz  so not sure what point you are making . Is it the Mackinnon is a weak race ?

Due to the timing of the race, I do believe the MacKinnon lacks depth.

18 hours ago, Mr Spyro said:

Who would be a trainer, esp like Fraser Auret travelling  all way up   from Marton .    All programs   going forward thrown out for those  resuming horses.    Enough to  make you tear your hair out. 

We did a round trip of 700 kms and were in race 5 was a run into Hastings  but I’ve lost count of all the meetings we’ve travelled to and had the same issue .May of made no difference but I felt the two trials should of been held after the last race not before the first and get the best use of the ground after all it’s a Raceday and many like us were left way out of pocket again . 

"opinion"
a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I'm thinking about starting a Leo's Mental Health Fund. We all know men suffer from it, but you especially.

I hope you can rid yourself of this obsession and get the help you need. Unsure if you're worth saving, but there's probably someone out there who cares for you.

Maybe Destiny Church can help?

Puha don't go to Tauherenikau next Thursday as already been cancelled and the brains trust has transfered it to Waverley really handy for locals who always support this meetings.The amount of time they have spent doing ''' remedial work'' I think secretly they are building the first all weather track !!Why they didnt transfer it to Woodville has to be a strange decision but I give up trying to understand racing .I feel like Custer it doesnt matter how high or hard I wave the white flag the result is still the same cheers BH

9 minutes ago, Boss Hogg said:

Puha don't go to Tauherenikau next Thursday as already been cancelled and the brains trust has transfered it to Waverley really handy for locals who always support this meetings.The amount of time they have spent doing ''' remedial work'' I think secretly they are building the first all weather track !!Why they didnt transfer it to Woodville has to be a strange decision but I give up trying to understand racing .I feel like Custer it doesnt matter how high or hard I wave the white flag the result is still the same cheers BH

There was a reason the white flag was ignored.Those pesky indians had plans to do something with a particular part of Custers anatomy.

Mind you the way racing is travelling in NZ,the head honchos may be doing that to themselves.

I'm an editor-in-chief.

I don't make money betting on tips, but I do make a living providing tips. There's a difference.

And no... I enjoy horse racing. I love it. I'm entitled to give an opinion - so shove off and start obsessing about someone else. 

Just imagine what you could be if you put your energy into something positive. You might just turn into someone your kids look up to.