poundforpound

Helena Baby

154 posts in this topic

How did Dandy Andy’s ratings compare to the Bonecrusher /Vo Rogue ‘matchrace ‘ in the Australian Cup in 88 ? There are to many variables to get carried away with one race , particularly when all the participants are not screwed down. Created nice debate though and interesting moving forward,...Tonny .. you need to learn to make your point without degrading people, no need, It’s accepted from The Boss because he’s exceptionally good at :rcfe-happy-3:

Foxbridge Plate result should be viewed like a trial ...so many of the topliners were fresh up and/or running over less than best trip...add the weather on the day and  crap track and wide draws v inside draws  etc etc..it was hardly a 'defining moment' in the careers of these classy types. After all it's a Group 2 in the winter, not a Group 1 ...
I think TAS is our best chance in Oz in the Spring, can win Epsom with light weight and right run.. could even be competitive in Cox Plate or at Flemington if he stays sound. Still quite an inexperienced racehorse.

Sentimental Miss was the other black booker for mine... pref beyond a mile ...Livamol looks ideal target for her.

3 minutes ago, weasel57 said:

Foxbridge Plate result should be viewed like a trial ...so many of the topliners were fresh up and/or running over less than best trip...add the weather on the day and  crap track and wide draws v inside draws  etc etc..it was hardly a 'defining moment' in the careers of these classy types. After all it's a Group 2 in the winter, not a Group 1 ...
I think TAS is our best chance in Oz in the Spring, can win Epsom with light weight and right run.. could even be competitive in Cox Plate or at Flemington if he stays sound. Still quite an inexperienced racehorse.

Sentimental Miss was the other black booker for mine... pref beyond a mile ...Livamol looks ideal target for her.

TAS is another Darci Brahma..wouldn't win the CP if it started...now.

44 minutes ago, flockofewes2 said:

TAS is another Darci Brahma..wouldn't win the CP if it started...now.

I’ve got a feeling we are seeing this statement in another topic in the near future:rcf-rich-1:, Can’t remember many rating Darci a Cox chance, but certainly Ocean Park who had the same Quality we see In The Shark(Ocean Park :rcf-alien:)  

11 hours ago, Berri said:

Let's watch the rest of the show. 

I only asked you how many extra metres TAS covered.  Do you think that is irrelevant or are you finding the task too difficult?

FYI my rating system franks form against horses every time they meet not just confined to Englands G1s 

20 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Dear oh dear.....publish all your ratings for close scrutiny then and let me take you on in a couple of H2H bets ......or run, you pussy 

Ok here we go ...I know it's a bit of fun and you are just looking to stir.

I can tell from some of your comments on here that you would struggle in the punting department.

I will not divulge my accurate rating system (absurd rubbish) to this forum as it's always punter versus public so why give away valuable info.

Having a couple of H2H bets is futile considering the short sample it's meaningless.

The only true figure is your long term percentage on ROI (mine is sensational BTW) and you do not have one because losers don't keep records.

Now you are quite smart P4P so I could actually teach you to win (for a large fee) . It would mean you would have to eliminate some of your long held fallacy's from your brain and learn to become logical, something that your ego might not allow.

So now the dilemma you are faced with is . Do I seek help and learn then spend my retirement in luxury and punting horses successfully.

Or   I am already a guru. I know so much and this idiot is having me on.

The choice is yours.

100 1.....the prospect of me ever working with you in any capacity is zero....FYI I’m definitely not a punter although I happily put $400 a week into my account, and then blow it for entertainment .....I’m just a horseman......and an investor in thoroughbreds, and a very good trainer, jockey and vet.

I do very well as an owner thanks and that's my primary interest...as distinct from gambling which is of little interest to me....however, I’m very interested in Taupo tomorrow but mainly because all the good young ones will be on show and from tomorrow’s meeting will come a dozen group winners ...my job is to spot them 

20 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

100 1.....the prospect of me ever working with you in any capacity is zero....FYI I’m definitely not a punter although I happily put $400 a week into my account, and then blow it for entertainment .....I’m just a horseman......and an investor in thoroughbreds, and a very good trainer, jockey and vet.

I do very well as an owner thanks and that's my primary interest...as distinct from gambling which is of little interest to me....however, I’m very interested in Taupo tomorrow but mainly because all the good young ones will be on show and from tomorrow’s meeting will come a dozen group winners ...my job is to spot them 

Wriggled out that one nicely

Turns out you were the pussy

17 minutes ago, 100 1 said:

Wriggled out that one nicely

Turns out you were the pussy

Nothing to wriggle out of....I wouldn’t want to pay you anything by way of a fee because I think you’re a joke....nor would I want to engage in any gambling with you because it simply doesn’t interest me....and I’m busy with my 70 staff, numerous kids...blah blah....you’re just not on my radar sorry....

4 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Nothing to wriggle out of....I wouldn’t want to pay you anything by way of a fee because I think you’re a joke....nor would I want to engage in any gambling with you because it simply doesn’t interest me....and I’m busy with my 70 staff, numerous kids...blah blah....you’re just not on my radar sorry....

I wish you well. Your ability in hospitality far exceeds mine

3 hours ago, 100 1 said:

I only asked you how many extra metres TAS covered.  Do you think that is irrelevant or are you finding the task too difficult?

FYI my rating system franks form against horses every time they meet not just confined to Englands G1s 

Go fuck yourself. Not interested in your attitude.

2 hours ago, poundforpound said:

....however, I’m very interested in Taupo tomorrow but mainly because all the good young ones will be on show and from tomorrow’s meeting will come a dozen group winners ...my job is to spot them 

Kurt in race 6 even though its a smart field. Not saying its the one to bet on, just saying he's a group horse in the making

The good thing about Taupo is its a decent winter track and marks for many the beginning of spring campaigns for future top liners . Been like that for decades. I am biased though as ive made a lot of money on course, in many instances it was by following Jim Gibb's horses:rcf-rich:

Greg

21 hours ago, Berri said:

Go fuck yourself. Not interested in your attitude.

ha my attitude!!!

I merely pointed out a flaw in your rating system with that you came back and slandered me.

Be thankful and learn you grumpy old man.

Another loser

How many more metres did TAS travel than ED?

1, 3, 8, 12, 15 or not interested?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How often would you expect TAS to travel the least distance in a race  ?

1 hour ago, HarryHindsight said:

Another loser

How many more metres did TAS travel than ED?

1, 3, 8, 12, 15 or not interested?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How often would you expect TAS to travel the least distance in a race  ?

Not often at all but that is not the argument.

A pre race  speed map should have predicted TAS was going to have a 2 length worse run than ED which panned out.

This made it more like ED would beat TAS even though TAS is the better horse.

23 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

The good thing about Taupo is its a decent winter track and marks for many the beginning of spring campaigns for future top liners . Been like that for decades. I am biased though as ive made a lot of money on course, in many instances it was by following Jim Gibb's horses:rcf-rich:

Greg

not discredting your comment overall JJF, but it made me check last year's results from Taupo meeting ...no top-liners came through that day that I can recognise ...

3 minutes ago, weasel57 said:

not discredting your comment overall JJF, but it made me check last year's results from Taupo meeting ...no top-liners came through that day that I can recognise ...

Fair enough. I love the place 

Greg

1 hour ago, weasel57 said:

Xpression beat Santa Caterina and Mohaka in the 3YO fillies race - all were black type performers after...….

5 hours ago, 100 1 said:

Not often at all but that is not the argument.

A pre race  speed map should have predicted TAS was going to have a 2 length worse run than ED which panned out.

This made it more like ED would beat TAS even though TAS is the better horse.

There's some time put in   those speed maps 100 -1  not sure when they became the thing , one day iam going to record every race on a Saturday on my old VHS recorder and see how accurate  the great Ron  Dufficy  speed maps are  . Iam a nickels and dimes punter but  that " should have predicted 2 length worse run" seems to take a lot for granted how race pans out but speed maps are not my area in punting mix.If you can what lengths worse or better run did Melody Belle get compared to ED on the speed map.