RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
MrBigStuff

Couch TV Presenters, here’s your chance

HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO BE THE NEXT RUSSELL JACKSON OR PERHAPS MAYBE JOHNNY NOT SO BRIGHT, WHAT ABOUT JEREMY HAAGLAND??...judging by slacksides previous record we are bound to get some other winner

https://careers.nzracingboard.co.nz/jobdetails?ajid=SJOy7

Are you passionate about Racing?  Are you an experienced Racing presenter who can do it all?  Are you looking for a new challenge?  Then we're looking for you!

This is an exceptional opportunity to join the TAB, a truly diverse business.  We're a totally Kiwi operation and what we do touches the lives of a large number of people the length and breadth of the country.  

As an experienced presenter based in Christchurch, you will front the broadcast of domestic and international racing on Trackside.  You'll be engaging and extremely knowledgeable about our product, complementing the racing broadcast and ensuring TAB customers are kept informed first and foremost, as well as entertained.

Experience in studio based TV and Radio presenting, together with on-course presenting is essential, as is a strong knowledge of the racing industry.  Commentating experience is desirable.

You'll be a clear communicator and take pride in your personal appearance.  You'll demonstrate the ability to work autonomously, be a true self-starter, and extremely organised.  Cool, calm and collected, you'll work well under pressure and your expert racing knowledge will underpin your success in this role. 

Key responsibilities include:

• Present both domestic and international racing product, providing informed commentary and analysis which stimulates betting turnover and drives customer engagement with the TAB.
  • Ability to fill in for on course presenting, radio and commentary shifts.
  • Liaise with producers to determine production requirements and prepare as required.
  • Provide accurate and entertaining discussion & analysis of form 
  • Grow customer awareness of TAB products & assist in delivering on sponsor obligations
  • Represent TAB positively and ensure a professional impression of the company

Experience & skill set:

• 3+ years of studio based racing broadcast experience - preferably in all three codes.
  • On course presenting experience - preferably in Harness and Gallops
  • Radio host experience
  • Commentating experience - preferably in Harness and Gallops
  • Excellent racing knowledge is crucial
  • Good industry relationships and contacts

We are looking for someone with the 'X-Factor' to work with us in this fast-paced, fun environment - so show us what you have by submitting your Resume and Cover Letter, please ensure that you include a link to your Showreel in either or both of these. If you need to provide your Showreel in an alternative format, please send to alex.smith@nzrb.co.nz (please note, link in resume is the preferred option).

All successful applicants will be taken through a comprehensive recruitment and selection process, to assess skill levels and best fit.  TAB is committed to providing a safe workplace. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test and medical assessment.

Applications close September 15th 2019

Its a tough gig all the same :rcf-shocked-3:I must say I was quite surprised when BP was going on about Bullybrook shortening at Te Aroha, when the eventual winner and standout value of the day Thistledo came from 16s into 5 late without a mention :rcfe-surprise: can’t see it all I spose:rcf-rich-1:

20 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Pretty extensive skill set there....only Matt Cross would make the short list....:rolleyes:

How many race commentators with studio experience are there floating about ???

I was just thinking myself that there can't be too many people with all those skills floating around NZ, and anyone with those skills must already be working for the TAB anyhow.

Listing all those requirements is a tad strange alright! Is that a case of them already knowing exactly who is going to be taking the role? so they've just given any other possible candidate the big dont bother. 

Its akin to the NZ police saying they want new people, preferably with 3+ years law enforcement experience. ...um?

23 minutes ago, Lowdown said:

Its akin to the NZ police saying they want new people, preferably with 3+ years law enforcement experience. ...um?

Sounds like ya stuck for ideas mate so I'll help you out...  

NZ Customs Service, Aviation Security, MPI, Fisheries, Fire and Emergency New Zealand (Fire Service), Immigration (MBIE), Tenancy Services, Regulatory compliance groups within Territory Authorities (Councils), parking wardens, corrections officers, military police, ministry of justice, department of internal affairs, IRD, Land Information NZ, Serious Fraud Office, no doubt I have missed a few groups out that have a "law enforcement" component to some extent. 

1 hour ago, HarryHindsight said:

" The successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test and medical assessment. "

What drugs do you need to take to work there ?

Snorting a line while eating the sausage rolls now frowned upon apparently......

Doesn't sound like a "fast paced, fun environment" to me.....:rolleyes:

I better be careful with names here...I recon Peter Kelly and Keith Haub along with George Simon

(3 of the best IMHO) would have had trouble meeting those credentials !

They either have their man (as listed) so they can say they followed employment law to the letter

OR ... a lengthy employment process is in progress to Justify another inflated Suits Salary at Head Office.