RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jack78

Oil Companys

Everyone is pulling together to help Christchurch.

Oil companys are raking in the cash from emergency services and locals panicking to get out, and locals useing Generators

What do Oil companys do for the local communities?. Christchurch is in disarray and the big fat oil tycoons sit and live it up on the other side of the world buying prostitutes etc.

Why do we put up with this?

These b's are a law unto themselves,they really do give nothing of note back to society in the way of humanitarian causes apart from maybe BP who do donate a very tiny amount (in relevence) to Surf Rescue that is about all,the other 3 dont give a cent that i know of and the lot of them make literally millions upon millions.

The other thing is that they pay their staff pretty much the minimum wage or very close to it.

Everyone is pulling together to help Christchurch.

Oil companys are raking in the cash from emergency services and locals panicking to get out, and locals useing Generators

What do Oil companys do for the local communities?. Christchurch is in disarray and the big fat oil tycoons sit and live it up on the other side of the world buying prostitutes etc.

Why do we put up with this?

Because we're thick and lazy,and accept anything told to us.This latest 5c increase is possibly only 3c,but to make themselves look like Santa,NI motorist are subsidising their SI generosity.Until we start boycotting these businesses on various days,nothing will change.Next week they will increase their price again and explain the cause of it is due to a massive earthquake occurring in NZ.So next time you need to fill up,drive past Shell&BP,as they are the two leaders in this wrought.

They are however not going to put up the prices down there tonight!, how about the ETS Environmental Tax Scam, creamed off the motorist by the govt go to the rebuilding of Christchurch?

They havent got a concience and this letting Christchurch off is a bloody joke.Being election year suspect a little bit of political nudging has gone on here somewhere.Normally the CEO's mother in law only has to fart and the price goes up so dont start to try and tell me they have all of a sudden got some heart !!As mentioned once before, pull the other leg, it plays auld lang syne.

Cheers Archie

think i'll place an add on trade me..

Wanted old reliable nag, suitable for pulling a cart/waggon.. to get me to an from town to fetch my supplies.... just like grat great grandpa did all those years ago......

only trouble is.. the government would tax me for all the horse**** i leave in my wake.....but at least it an answer to rising petrol costs..

and yes i've got a scooter ordered...

put the prices up just another way of hitting the little guy while he's down yet again...

3 bucks a litre this year...we all better buy scooters or pushbikes.

You are correct,if we just sit back and allow them to dictate to us.I never buy off BP as they are 1st up an last down,Shell not much better.I suggest other cafers also bypass these companies,and let people power show these companies that we've had enough.The gvt has backed down over a few proposals over the past year because of people pressure,so lets start with the 2 major oil companies.

You are correct,if we just sit back and allow them to dictate to us.I never buy off BP as they are 1st up an last down,Shell not much better.I suggest other cafers also bypass these companies,and let people power show these companies that we've had enough.The gvt has backed down over a few proposals over the past year because of people pressure,so lets start with the 2 major oil companies.

I see it has gone up 7 cents a litre in the last week

We need to get these oil tycoons and demand they live to a moderate lifestyle or we should stone them to death

I've boycotted BP for years - consistently "first cab off the rank" at price-hikes.

Boycotted them, and felt good about doing so, though inconsequential in the scheme of things.

A bright spark in the Transport Authority today said these latest price hikes will see people more inclined to use public transport. Really ??

It's cheaper for me to run my car around Auckland than it is to use public transport. Public transport fares are very expensive comparative to around the world, and will be hiked again shortly, you can put the ring around that one.

is pretty much a piss in the ocean to BP myk, NZ's total consumption is LESS than 1/2 % of the worlds total consumption,and thats for all the Oil Companies combined.

is pretty much a piss in the ocean to BP myk, NZ's total consumption is LESS than 1/2 % of the worlds total consumption,and thats for all the Oil Companies combined.

SS,your figures are probably correct,but like styxmyfavourite,I shall not purchase from BP or Shell again as long as my backend points to the ground.Last Friday I drove from Akld to Sth Taranaki,from Papakura to the end of trip,BP,diesel $1-55.9 while everywhere else it was $1-49.99,Saturday Shell $1-55.9 while others still $1-49.99.So there lies my reason for my own little boycott.

The government really knew what they were doing when they raised GST. Can Nick Smith say now that people are better off/more in their pocket.

The question to ask labour in election year is "as you opposed the GST rise, will you reduce it to it's former percentage if you regain the treasury benches".

p.s. No prizes for guessing their response.

Lloyd, going to be an interesting election year topic as well,Bet it also crops up when the rugby world cup is on,the government must be squirming a little in their seats in Wellington.

Cheers Archie

Approx 3 weeks ago oil was costing around a US$182 a barrell,NZ dollar around $1-71 against American.Todays oil was US$111-00 a barrell and our dollar went through $1-80.The pump price still very similar to what it was 2 weeks ago.Wheres the eagle eyed AA spokesperson,still on holiday with a glove box of gifted vouchers from the oil companies.Continue to allow ourselves to be shafted by these companies,they sure know idiots when they see one.

Approx 3 weeks ago oil was costing around a US$182 a barrell,NZ dollar around $1-71 against American.Todays oil was US$111-00 a barrell and our dollar went through $1-80.The pump price still very similar to what it was 2 weeks ago.Wheres the eagle eyed AA spokesperson,still on holiday with a glove box of gifted vouchers from the oil companies.Continue to allow ourselves to be shafted by these companies,they sure know idiots when they see one.

Yeah and about every 2 years we read an article in the media stating they are looking into the pricing

but nothing ever happens

myk, I presume you do realise that Shell stations are no longer overseas owned, now owned by new zealand companies/organisations,with a lease on the shell brand name to end of this year,so cannot blame overseas companies any more.

Cheers Archie

myk, I presume you do realise that Shell stations are no longer overseas owned, now owned by new zealand companies/organisations,with a lease on the shell brand name to end of this year,so cannot blame overseas companies any more.

Cheers Archie

Right Archie,owned by Greenstone Energy Ltdsince April last year.Greenstone is jointly 50/50 owned by Infritil & The Guardians of the NZ Superannuation.They own more than 220 Shell Service Stations & nearly 100 truck stops.But Todd Family were smart enough not to sell any oil field interests.So you can understand why the Gvt don't want the price of petrol to lower in any circumstances.

Noticed this morning (Saturday)that Caltex stations have lowered their prices today.The other greedy pigs are going to review their prices on Monday,after weekend trading.Oil trading prices dropped 13% this week,dollar risen,and the pigs still want to rip us off.Support Caltex.

Read todays NZ Herald and it will give you a full run down on everything.

The world actually peaked oil production about 3 or 4 years ago so it is all pretty much downhill from here as far as supply goes.

China and India combined now need in excess of a BILLION BARRELS A DAY !!

It has to run out sometime and the experts have predicted by about 2035 give or take

Read todays NZ Herald and it will give you a full run down on everything.

The world actually peaked oil production about 3 or 4 years ago so it is all pretty much downhill from here as far as supply goes.

China and India combined now need in excess of a BILLION BARRELS A DAY !!

It has to run out sometime and the experts have predicted by about 2035 give or take

Ta for the 'up', SS - I don't usually bother with the Herald which must surely be the most drab newspaper on the planet...

But I will read that article...

'Black Caviar' odds says that it is simply borrowed from an overseas ragsheet!

It's not just Oil prices that the burgeoning Chinese and Indian economies are going to push up ... think virtually any commodity: metals in particular and not just the precious ones either...

If that was the Oil slides as rally runs out of gas article, SS - I am reading the paper on-line - I see it is sourced '- AP, Bloomberg'...

Predictable!

Some curious claims there ... much talk, eg, of silver dropping '8 per cent, extending the biggest four-day slump since 1983 to 25 per cent.'

(Why do newspaper use the words 'per cent' when there is a perfectly good % symbol easily typable by holding Ctrl down and pressing 5?)

For mine, the recent fall back in commodies is simply because most are testing record highs at present and because some folk, particularly the big US funds, are taking profits...

The Chinese and the Indians are still gonna buy oil, nickel, copper, silver, gold, aren't they?