gubellini

Aalaalune

144 posts in this topic

At the risk of repeating myself ...Aalaalune should e given a decent break from racing and set for an autumn campaign. She has the galloping ability but she is being asked to do too much too soon. Unfortunately it is clearly too tempting for the connections to go for the $$ now not later. She was an expensive yearling, remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Red Rum King Midas sold for $3,900. A friend of mine was looking to buy a horse for Singapore. I alerted him to King Midas. My friend contacted Rogey last Thursday. Rogey texted back “ He’s broken down”. 

Good luck to his purchaser. A case of buyer beware I’m afraid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gubellini said:

Red Rum King Midas sold for $3,900. A friend of mine was looking to buy a horse for Singapore. I alerted him to King Midas. My friend contacted Rogey last Thursday. Rogey texted back “ He’s broken down”. 

Good luck to his purchaser. A case of buyer beware I’m afraid.

Hopefully it works out for buyer as those two Taupo runs he beats himself a bit early pulling and  wide runs but he's not without merit . The first one  first three home went well next up , 4th a Qatar bloodstock owned so likely better than average maiden and he stuck on alright . Well eased up 2nd run as he'd done some work wide and tailed off stablemate nose him on line from way back .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2019 at 8:53 PM, gubellini said:

Her 2yo full sister De La Terre late scratched at Trentham today because she couldn’t be loaded. Not a great day for the camp.

She was simply telling them that she isn’t ready for this yet.
Young horses are generally not stupid, even if the owner appears to be, based on the way he has handled Aalaaline. 
De La Terre will be a good horse if they back off now for 6 months or more. 
Let’s see what happens. :rcf-happy-3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Insider said:

She was simply telling them that she isn’t ready for this yet.
Young horses are generally not stupid, even if the owner appears to be, based on the way he has handled Aalaaline. 
De La Terre will be a good horse if they back off now for 6 months or more. 
Let’s see what happens. :rcf-happy-3:

Its a fine line Insider, its the difference between a ‘good trainer’ and one also being dictated to by owners?  I was listening to Jamie making excuses for one at Te Rapa yesterday thinking my  god you can be can be  winning at one end and losing at the other.... I love finding winners outside the square, I havnt seen a horse fight the handler more  than the Ocean park  Valmur and  still produce a blackbook run , and the other from the trials Leem Reek . The Jap at $9 not rocket science in the Cox you just need to crucnh the data, Marmelo 15 still today crazy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Houlahan's Dream said:

You think Marmelo is going as good as last year Gruff? Injury issues aside he has had a strong season....Meets Ccounter 6kg better off. 

All over Houly,i like Rummys Horse that beat Mr Quickie at moonee, i was rorted a few years back punting Alcopop after he destroyed Shocking in the JRAover 2500, before punting Shocking in the Lexus,still in Shock :rcf-monkey-2: Touneur must of had nightmares..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aalaalune racing in Race 2 at Te Rapa on Saturday. Maiden 3yo 1600m. More suitable assignment. Full sister De La Terre is in the first at Te Rapa on Saturday. Failed to load at Trentham on October 26 and Steward’s Report stated she has to trial before racing again. She has not trialled since so I fail to see how she can be able to start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gubellini said:

Aalaalune racing in Race 2 at Te Rapa on Saturday. Maiden 3yo 1600m. More suitable assignment. Full sister De La Terre is in the first at Te Rapa on Saturday. Failed to load at Trentham on October 26 and Steward’s Report stated she has to trial before racing again. She has not trialled since so I fail to see how she can be able to start.

mebbe trialling in front of Stewards tomorrow (or today)??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gubellini said:

Aalaalune racing in Race 2 at Te Rapa on Saturday. Maiden 3yo 1600m. More suitable assignment. Full sister De La Terre is in the first at Te Rapa on Saturday. Failed to load at Trentham on October 26 and Steward’s Report stated she has to trial before racing again. She has not trialled since so I fail to see how she can be able to start.

and with a Reliable Man filly winning the VRC Oaks today, Aalaalune's connections will do well to exercise some patience and avoid racing the guts out of her before the autumn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now