RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
gubellini

Aalaalune

2 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Good point Rummy.Look at How many critics there are in other sporting  codes:rcfe-surprise:

And the common denominator is ...they are all fans, I would of thought the more passionate the more outspoken,just one of the pitfalls in a high profile 

Look at basketball , football,   rugby ,  decent dollars paid to top because millions interested and have an opinion,  watch the sport , buy tickets buy merchandise .

Look at croquet ,  not much money in that , not many have opinions on it from outside . If you want racing as closed as croquet and be back to match racing for two sovs to winner in private  good stuff .

39 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I was there as well. Quite a small field as well from memory. And one of several races that the WRC have allowed to drop away status wise.

I never saw you hahah.The two guns cleared out and Grey Way was gunning the Queen down but too late.

Yes used to be a good horse's race but not sure of its status now.

I used to fly down from Taupo and normally hitch hike home.They were the days.

On 9/6/2019 at 10:16 PM, rdytdy said:

I see that the full sister to Aalaalune is lining up in the first 2yo race of the season at Wanganui tomorrow.

De La Terre  

has it inherited the family trait of running 2nd?

3 hours ago, crustyngrizzly said:

AALAALUNE lining up today at Taupo Race 3.

Many will be taking an interest in how she runs.

Well, that didn't go too well; beaten by the stablemate at good odds. Appeared to have every chance, albeit three wide with cover, but couldn't really sustain any sort of finishing burst.

Sad for the horse and connections to see a talented horse being stuffed up by TOO MUCH RACING too soon. As mentioned before, she's a Reliable Man filly better suited, I feel, to being give time to mature before getting into the racing groove. but you can kiss that goodbye when a horse transfers from a small stable to a very active Waikato stable that has one of the worst strike rates in the country. I hope this horse now goes out til the autumn.

I rated her the best Maiden in the country leading into this season. :rcf-in-love:

However since the change of stable, the massive task asked against hardened older GR.1 horses and today's effort I'm not so sure? :rcf-thinking-1:
Jury's still out?

Taupo probably isn't the right course for her and more distance than 1300m will be her friend.

I just hope that run at Hastings didn't ruin her? :rcf-sad-8:

15 hours ago, Baz (NZ) said:

I rated her the best Maiden in the country leading into this season. :rcf-in-love:

However since the change of stable, the massive task asked against hardened older GR.1 horses and today's effort I'm not so sure? :rcf-thinking-1:
Jury's still out?

Taupo probably isn't the right course for her and more distance than 1300m will be her friend.

I just hope that run at Hastings didn't ruin her? :rcf-sad-8:

don't think she'll win over any distance in the near future, and I hope they don't try her again for a good while. Her Ruakaka run was not bad at all, she was pipped at the post and McKay had her taken off him. In retrospect, will the owners have any regrets about that?

1 hour ago, Ponderosa8 said:

Running at Ellerslie on Saturday.... against the 3yo fillies in the Soliloquy and she'd at $31 and $7 on FF.

If not for her run at Hastings I would have expected her to open at about $6.

I really do think it's too early to write her completely off.

$34s and $7s , bookies must be reading this thread !!

Crazy money , I haven't backed her this time in yet, Saturday may change that ....at the price , she did nearly win a Group 1 at Ellerslie, wouldn't mind Barry Reese back on board  , hang on , where is Reese , have I missed something here ???

15 hours ago, gubellini said:

Fire sale. He would have spent over $200,000 on Huckleberry Hussie. Will be lucky to get a grand back. Steep learning curve.

Horses are like that Gubes but there's been a couple of 100/1 shots win some good races recently though the bottom line is if it cant gallop at all it wont win anything. I saw one race when she tailed right out. At least finishing midfield would have inspired a little confidence. Good luck to anyone who gives her a shot.

20 hours ago, Charlie Bukowski said:

I really do think it's too early to write her completely off.

$34s and $7s , bookies must be reading this thread !!

Crazy money , I haven't backed her this time in yet, Saturday may change that ....at the price , she did nearly win a Group 1 at Ellerslie, wouldn't mind Barry Reese back on board  , hang on , where is Reese , have I missed something here ???

I think Reese Jones was removed when the previous Trainer was removed? :rcf-laughing-2:

Aalaalune is over theodds and worth backing 'juat in case' she reverts to 2yo form and attitude. She has the ability, BUT my concern is where she might be mentally after all these changes and her confidence may be down and out. But she will have some cut in the ground, the right trip, and the benefit of race fitness on her side. If she were in the Baker/Forsman stable she'd be at $6 not $34.