RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
gubellini

Aalaalune

Is it the fact she was a maiden in Group 1 , if so plenty maidens have run ok in group 1s over the years,some of  whom trainers not bothered with maidens when they place highly in top grade regularly .  Is  it fact it's too early for 3 yo filly up against older horses if so there are rare examples overseas of 2 year old fillies beating older horses in Group 1s . Not saying trainer and owner were  right as result would indicate not but can see maybe they thought weight allowance , question marks over MB , a few winter gallopers in field , give it a go. 

30 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Is it the fact she was a maiden in Group 1 , if so plenty maidens have run ok in group 1s over the years,some of  whom trainers not bothered with maidens when they place highly in top grade regularly .  Is  it fact it's too early for 3 yo filly up against older horses if so there are rare examples overseas of 2 year old fillies beating older horses in Group 1s . Not saying trainer and owner were  right as result would indicate not but can see maybe they thought weight allowance , question marks over MB , a few winter gallopers in field , give it a go. 

It is a bit different starting a maiden against its own age group as a 2yo or 3yo, and starting it against older horses at WFA. I can't recall a maiden winning a Group 1 WFA race in NZ, but I may be wrong. And especially at this end of the season . It was still a 2yo a month ago.

43 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

It is a bit different starting a maiden against its own age group as a 2yo or 3yo, and starting it against older horses at WFA. I can't recall a maiden winning a Group 1 WFA race in NZ, but I may be wrong. And especially at this end of the season . It was still a 2yo a month ago.

Yes agree , be one to try dig out a maiden that won a wfa group 1 somewhere in  history but off top of my head cannot think of one . As for two year olds winning at Group 1 wfa Sigy won the Prix De Abbaye on ARC day many years back and Lyric Fantasy won in August of 2 year old season in Nunthorpe at York not so many years back . In fact two were entered for last week's Nunthorpe but went other races . They were flat out fast two year olds though so were striking while iron was hot .

Dragon Dancer  nosed out by Sir Percy in Epsom Derby finished 3 yo season a maiden on 119 , had Dylan Thomas behind him in Derby , also ran 4th in Irish Derby and horse called Needle Gun took to 5 years old to win a race , he had however placed in big group 1s many times , behind good horses .

King Midas after leading up and racing with his head in the air dropped out and finished second to last at Te Aroha yesterday. Expect Huckleberry Hussie to suffer the same fate in Race 3 at Counties on Wednesday. Great start for the Rogie/ Te Keeti Bloodstock juggernaut.

9 hours ago, gubellini said:

King Midas after leading up and racing with his head in the air dropped out and finished second to last at Te Aroha yesterday. Expect Huckleberry Hussie to suffer the same fate in Race 3 at Counties on Wednesday. Great start for the Rogie/ Te Keeti Bloodstock juggernaut.

Looked promising early in his 2yo prep. I'm sure Jacob McKay won 2 out of 2 Trials with him before he was removed to Peter Huxtables then ontoTeam Rogerson?

13 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Coober's Queen won the Lion Brown Sprint (GP1) at Te Rapa in 1980

1 hour ago, Chris Wood said:

Why not just leave Rogie to train it, let the owner who pays the bills make the decisions and butt your bloody noses out.

Te Keeti Bloodstock can please themselves!

So many experts!

Gee Chris I didnt realize we were experts, ,thought we could comment on this subject didn't know our bloody noses  were a problem and upsetting you .As we are now defined as experts I will tell my wife I'm considered an expert so any problems she has she can speak to an expert. cheers BH

11 minutes ago, Boss Hogg said:

Gee Chris I didnt realize we were experts, ,thought we could comment on this subject didn't know our bloody noses  were a problem and upsetting you .As we are now defined as experts I will tell my wife I'm considered an expert so any problems she has she can speak to an expert. cheers BH

I think Chris has an opinion, also which he is allowed...it just happens to differ from many on here...

1 hour ago, gubellini said:

Berri Coober’s Queen had won five races as a 3yo prior to winning the Lion Brown Sprint. Among them the Eulogy Stakes at Awapuni and the Ladies Mile at Ellerslie.

What race did she would at Trentham beating Grey Way?

7 hours ago, Chris Wood said:

Why not just leave Rogie to train it, let the owner who pays the bills make the decisions and butt your bloody noses out.

Te Keeti Bloodstock can please themselves!

So many experts!

Unfortunately 95 per cent of public have kept there bloody noses out of racing  for many years ,  you would be better served as an industry  having  many more people having their bloody noses interested in the sport , it's all about opinions , since two people turned up with two horses at Newmarket 300 plus years ago and argued who had fastest , one thing worse than talking about someone is not talking about someone , not many talk about racing anymore , it's a big problem.

If trainer or owner is bothered about what a few people discuss at the track , on a forum or in a tab I would be highly surprised .

Good luck to the guy , he's invested plenty .