RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
gubellini

Aalaalune

Big Boned I certainly aren’t jealous of Lou. If anything I feel sorry for him in regards to Global Diamond and Huckleberry Hussie. If he decided to quit them and say sell them on Gavel House on current sale prices he would be lucky to get a grand each for them. If he decides to breed from them well the expense involved would be stratospheric.

6 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Of course good judges can tell which are the good yearlings, Guy Mulcaster, Chris Rutten spring to mind, Moroney and DCE go ok too..mind you when it comes to buying horses there’s only one LJM.......your comments about warrantees are rather stupid, but you knew that 

Was there a case many years ago about misrepresentation  of a horse involving J.D Pankhurst and the horse Frontiersman.?

Could be wrong.

16 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Aalaalune finished 15/16 in the Tarzino. An Oaks type filly ridden on the pace. Not going to help her breathing patterns when they run her over ground. 

Every so slightly over ambitious starting a maiden in a Group 1 WFA race. I know our racing isn't flash, but our group races aren't that weak.

Looks like their plan was to take advantage of the 48 kg handy...hindsight’s a wonderful thing so we will never know otherwise, but everyone I talked to thought dropping out was the better move...but hey we are not paying the bills,and if things planned out we’d be saying good move:rcfe-happy-3:

1 hour ago, crustyngrizzly said:

A run over the Ellerslie Hill might be in order.

Do you mean to Bombay? A bit ott Crusty (lol) but way out of her depth, still no better than any other maiden and if anything needs to stick  to age group races.

On 8/15/2019 at 11:55 AM, Boss Hogg said:

One of Rogerson's sayings is  "I've got the experience you've got the money .When i'm finished I've got the money you've got the experience "

Ex Rogerson Wawrinka 4/5 today at Kununurra BH ,   borders of WA and NT. Still cannot add to its one win for his stable.

9 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Ex Rogerson Wawrinka 4/5 today at Kununurra BH ,   borders of WA and NT. Still cannot add to its one win for his stable.

Hi Red Dont under estimate these horses there as tough as and have huge mileage under their belt .  They must start to wonder if they are ever going to see a grass track again . I think they have the Cup meeting next week which is huge . We went on to Adeliade River between Kathrine and Darwin big screen tv's big bars and intertrack betting big crowd , just a short walk from town I use that word loosely .  Just a funny thing on track was a race were the hot favourite was expected to win ,but the brilliant jockey went back to a 10 length last cruizing along when the leaders took off leaving the fav to come in last . I went over to the stalls after race to here what the trainer had to say about jockeys ride .Trainer let loose with a serve f#### useless p####k you couldnt ride a rocking horse  and so on he went on for 5 minutes without drawing breath ,would be good if they did that more at Ellerslie would improve some of our jockeys ordinary rides cheers BH

2 hours ago, Boss Hogg said:

Hi Red Dont under estimate these horses there as tough as and have huge mileage under their belt .  They must start to wonder if they are ever going to see a grass track again . I think they have the Cup meeting next week which is huge . We went on to Adeliade River between Kathrine and Darwin big screen tv's big bars and intertrack betting big crowd , just a short walk from town I use that word loosely .  Just a funny thing on track was a race were the hot favourite was expected to win ,but the brilliant jockey went back to a 10 length last cruizing along when the leaders took off leaving the fav to come in last . I went over to the stalls after race to here what the trainer had to say about jockeys ride .Trainer let loose with a serve f#### useless p####k you couldnt ride a rocking horse  and so on he went on for 5 minutes without drawing breath ,would be good if they did that more at Ellerslie would improve some of our jockeys ordinary rides cheers BH

Spent bit of time in NT many years back , was all set to head to Fannie Bay with few lads but we somehow ended up drinking in a place called Humpty Doo in morning  , boxing crocodile is the landmark . It ended very very badly and we missed Fannie Bay,  in fact we had missed it if it was two days later  . Saw the jumping crocs on Adelaide River. You've sold me on heading back on a retirement trip to do the circuit.  Followed old Wawrinka's travels for a while now , thought yesterday could be his day . Birdsville next week I see.

19 hours ago, Gruff said:

Looks like their plan was to take advantage of the 48 kg handy...hindsight’s a wonderful thing so we will never know otherwise, but everyone I talked to thought dropping out was the better move...but hey we are not paying the bills,and if things planned out we’d be saying good move:rcfe-happy-3:

I thought she was good value at $18 and $4.80 on FF so put some on. With her drawing 1 from the outside I just naturally assumed they would adopt her normal racing pattern and drop her back and then fly home with the 48kg on her back with a chance of getting somewhere near them. I never saw the lead-up to the race but was it announced they were planning to ride her forward like they sometimes do here and regularly in Aussie.??

After they had gone 100 metres, if they'd "paused" the race and ask any punters "who wants their money back on Aalaalune" I would have been first in the queue.

Even though still a maiden, I believe she was still good enough to be competitive in the race but there is no way she was going to be in it being ridden that way amongst the big guns. I would practically guarantee she wouldn't have finished 15th of 16 had they ridden her back as normal.

….so Gruff I'm agreeing with you.

25 minutes ago, arjay said:

A maiden, really!!  against the winner a 6 time group 1 winner at the start. No chance unless starting friday.

Made me laugh when any horse settled behind Winx in a race, your NEVER going to outsprint her.....now how do you give a horse with 48 kg and capable of a sub 33 sprint  its chance as a ‘maiden’ in a group race? Do you eyeball them? Hindsight’s a wonderful thing and it seems Arjay you have used its benefit