RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
gubellini

Aalaalune

Note that the highly promising Oaks type filly Aalaalune has been transferred to Team Rogerson following her Short Neck defeat at Ruakaka on Sunday. Feel extremely sorry for her previous trainer young Jacob McKay. He has done a marvellous job with this highly promising filly. Racing is a tough game.

imo they couldn't have picked a worse training outfit to transfer her to ...in retrospect the connections would have been better to have kept mum about their lofty ambitions and just let the horse do the talking. She may still be a Grp 1 contender and be the best 3yo filly in the country, but it's not clever to talk her up when the season has just begun, tracks are unpredictable as is the weather, and the horse has a lot of growing up  to do. She is one of the few by Reliable Man to be Grp placed at 2yrs, so time is on her side..cant understand the rush myself...but i reckon Mr Rogie will waste no time racing her all over the shop and the horse will probably be buggered by the autumn (a la Contessa Vanessa, who I see is back in training after failing to sell at the GC sales). Just saying.

Think  Mckay was between a rock and a hard place.

Guess he took her there for a good track but taking a back runner to Ruakaka over 1000 was never going to win easily....shocking price BTW.

No problem with the horse though...ran the fastest final 600 for the day by some margin.

Hope the owners realize this.

1 minute ago, 100 1 said:

Think  Mckay was between a rock and a hard place.

Guess he took her there for a good track but taking a back runner to Ruakaka over 1000 was never going to win easily....shocking price BTW.

No problem with the horse though...ran the fastest final 600 for the day by some margin.

Hope the owners realize this.

indeed ...so what's the rush to race her right now ...sell her for a small fortune? A classy back runner by Reliable Man, definite Classics / FOTY and Oaks prospect here and Oz ...why race her in EARLY AUGUST??? Maybe thats where the 'lune' comes from ...

At last count Lou has purchased 19 horses following his big Lotto win. Most despite their hefty price tags have proven to be limited and that is being generous! He gets a potential Group One winner in Aalaalune and shows no loyalty to his trainer whatsoever. Not a good look in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, gubellini said:

At last count Lou has purchased 19 horses following his big Lotto win. Most despite their hefty price tags have proven to be limited and that is being generous! He gets a potential Group One winner in Aalaalune and shows no loyalty to his trainer whatsoever. Not a good look in my opinion.

Nathan Tinkler on a smaller scale maybe , he done some money in short time on the horses . Oh well his money to blow , as long as he's having fun.

Some owners have more money than brains...particularly new ones who have no idea! :rolleyes: However that's their prerogative!

Aalaalune is arguably the best maiden in the country under Mckay's guidance. She was never gonna win over 1000m fresh up being a back runner. If this was the reason?

Poor young Jacob Mckay has done all this work from yearling to 3yo and now won't reap the rewards of his hard work. :(

Amazing results achieved with her as a 2yo because she was always going to be a better 3yo over more ground than 800m - 1400m.

Mr Universe has had 16 starts for 10 stakes return...hardly bad results from the young trainer??? :unsure:

I see Rogerson has other Te Keeti Bloodstock transfers too.....Huckleberry Hussie, Global Diamond and......

King Midas ---------> J M Mckay ---------> P Huxetable ---------> G A Rogerson .....it's had as many trainers as it's had starts! :rolleyes:

Actually It looks like almost all of Lou Te Keeti's bloodstock are now racing out of the Rogerson barn?

I hope they love going to the races....because the Nomination/Acceptance fees will be more than the training fees! :rcf-laughing-2::rcf-monkey-2:

9 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Baz two race winner Mr Universe was on the same float as Aalaalune from Jacob’s to Team Rogerson. Lou has had more trainers than winners.

WOW! :rolleyes:....I see the writing was probably on the wall early on with this owner's musical chairs tendencies.
King Midas as a yearling presumably under Mckay's care was broken in, educated before trailing twice as a 2yo winning both!..... but was still removed and transferred to the stable of Peter Huxtable (horse since transferred again)
Who here would do that?... if you had a 2yo win two trials with particular trainer! Strange ?:blink:
Anyway owners prerogative and good luck to the horses third trainers Team Rogerson! 

I'm sure Rogie would have quadrupled its career starts before it is moved to the 4th and next stable! :lol:

2 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Nathan Tinkler on a smaller scale maybe , he done some money in short time on the horses . Oh well his money to blow , as long as he's having fun.

2017 Karaka Sale purshase by lucky Lou

Lot 125 Showcasing (GB) – Fly Silca Fly (IRE), Chestnut Filly $70,000 Ambitious Showgirl – (Richardson stable) 13 starts, 0 wins 5 placings $9,950
Lot 147 Jakkalberry (IRE) – Goody Two Shoes, Brown Filly $125,000  Huckleberry Hussie (Team Rogerson) – 6 starts, 0 wins, 0 placings $0.00
Lot 305 Smart Missile (Aus) – Queen of Troy (Ire), Brown Colt $350,000 Mr Universe (Team Rogerson) – 16 starts – 2 wins, 8 placings $39,635
Lot 408 Bernardini (USA) - Tsutsumi (AUS), Brown Filly $160,000 Global Diamond (Team Rogerson) - 9 starts – 1 placing $2,000

That’s about $50k in stakes earned thus far, from an outlay of about $730k, excluding 2 yrs pre-training and training fees etc etc.

I wish Lou and Val well.. with their kind of luck they'll probably fluke a Cox Plate winner!

1 hour ago, Baz (NZ) said:

WOW! :rolleyes:....I see the writing was probably on the wall early on with this owner's musical chairs tendencies.
King Midas as a yearling presumably under Mckay's care was broken in, educated before trailing twice as a 2yo winning both!..... but was still removed and transferred to the stable of Peter Huxtable (horse since transferred again)
Who here would do that?... if you had a 2yo win two trials with particular trainer! Strange ?:blink:
Anyway owners prerogative and good luck to the horses third trainers Team Rogerson! 

I'm sure Rogie would have quadrupled its career starts before it is moved to the 4th and next stable! :lol:

and prob wont quadruple the stake earnings...and mebbe quintupled the float ill LOL

7 minutes ago, weasel57 said:

2017 Karaka Sale purshase by lucky Lou

Lot 125 Showcasing (GB) – Fly Silca Fly (IRE), Chestnut Filly $70,000 Ambitious Showgirl – (Richardson stable) 13 starts, 0 wins 5 placings $9,950
Lot 147 Jakkalberry (IRE) – Goody Two Shoes, Brown Filly $125,000  Huckleberry Hussie (Team Rogerson) – 6 starts, 0 wins, 0 placings $0.00
Lot 305 Smart Missile (Aus) – Queen of Troy (Ire), Brown Colt $350,000 Mr Universe (Team Rogerson) – 16 starts – 2 wins, 8 placings $39,635
Lot 408 Bernardini (USA) - Tsutsumi (AUS), Brown Filly $160,000 Global Diamond (Team Rogerson) - 9 starts – 1 placing $2,000

That’s about $50k in stakes earned thus far, from an outlay of about $730k, excluding 2 yrs pre-training and training fees etc etc.

I wish Lou and Val well.. with their kind of luck they'll probably fluke a Cox Plate winner!

I suppose with all this climate change goings on putting a couple suitcases of 100 buck notes on a fire burning them and toasting marshmallows with kids in back yard not allowed ,this appears  a carbon neutral way of burning cash whilst eating un cooked marshmallows.  

Hope he gets a decent winner and enjoys the ride .He's giving it a good go so imho deserves some success. 

He's more chance of winning lotto again  than a Cox Plate though.

A half bro to that Huckeberry horse still hasnt finished  in the hacks race at GN meeting , that horse looks expensive .

You are all jealous. This man is most likely a life long punter and / or an enthusiast of racing. He comes into some money and spends it on the sport he enjoys. In return dickheads mock him. What he should do is ask for a return of money under warranty and false advertising. No doubt every horse he paid for was "nice" or a sibling to something or from a new hot sire, blah blah blah. As if anyone on this site can tell a champ from a chump as a yearling.Let him has some fun and appreciate that he loves racing so much he has spent alot of his money on it.

4 minutes ago, Big Boned said:

You are all jealous. This man is most likely a life long punter and / or an enthusiast of racing. He comes into some money and spends it on the sport he enjoys. In return dickheads mock him. What he should do is ask for a return of money under warranty and false advertising. No doubt every horse he paid for was "nice" or a sibling to something or from a new hot sire, blah blah blah. As if anyone on this site can tell a champ from a chump as a yearling.Let him has some fun and appreciate that he loves racing so much he has spent alot of his money on it.

So everyone is jealous , ok  . He's burning through his own cash and hopefully having fun doing it.  Fact is there are a few slow horses there , if he's been a punter all his life he should know there are slow ones and accept it . I think taking those horses off young trainer who has done ok is rough , but his money his rules .

12 minutes ago, Big Boned said:

You are all jealous.

I don't think so either...as most have stated here "owners prerogative" and good luck to them.

Just an observation that young trainer Jacob Mckay has produced the best results by far with only 2 of the 19 odd horses purchased/owned by Te Keeti Bloodstock.

Another observation by most racing fans here is.... it seems a harsh move from the owner considering the most success thus far has come from the McKay stable?

Why do owners pay trainers to train...when some think they can do it better.:rcf-thinking-1:

The saying..."$50 a day if I'm training it.... $100 a day if you are training it" ...springs to mind ?

29 minutes ago, Big Boned said:

When it comes to personal happiness it’s What ever blows your hair back Boney, it’s his decision alone but it seems he’s not having as much fun now? No biggie,wish him all the best as do all those who has an opinion here:rcfe-like:

23C2A0ED-8E97-488C-A015-17B800CD1A2A.png

Please Note: Most here would not begrudge any success that comes Te Keeti Bloodstocks way. With that kind of investment in our industry it is certainly deserved! :rcfe-like:
I just don't think moving stables frequently is the recipe?:rcf-thinking-1:.... particularly ones getting good results?

Another saying..."THAT'S RACING"

Big Boned I am not jealous of Lou at all! In the last few years as an owner I have had far more success than he has for an outlay of well under 5% of what he has spent. I started this thread because I am extremely sorry that Jacob McKay has lost a potential life changing horse from his stable. He deserves better than that in my opinion.