RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CT"s

Mystic Journey to go unbeaten this preparation........

11 hours ago, poundforpound said:

I only bought the Contributer because Chris Rutten, the only person in NZ who could claim he’s a better judge of a horse than me, rang me and said he’d “found one” if I was interested, and I totally trust Rutten so I bought him sight unseen.

The horse is not big, but he’s very strong, he uses himself well, has good balance and a great attitude, and a big action.

Sam Spratt likes him a lot.

Do you want to buy him as I might RTR him ? and why might you be interested ? do you have a connection to Contributer Liz ?

I didn’t go to K2 and I didn’t see any other Contributers sorry.

the only person in NZ who could claim he’s a better judge of a horse than me

careful now p4p CT might have something to say about that ...after all, he labelled Black Caviar the best horse in Australia when she'd only had  a single Group 1 win.

I think that MJ is right up there at the moment and it’s going to take an exceptional one to beat her. With TAS at Stud I can’t think of one at the moment. However, a friend of mine has a goodie called Zoustyle, trained by Tony Gollan. Watch for him to possibly dominate sprint races. Won a trial this week by 9 lengths and Jock was just sitting as still as a church mouse on it.

On 8/13/2019 at 9:11 AM, weasel57 said:

on current world rankings ...Santa Ana Lane (124) and Happy Clapper (123) ... happy to repeat myself repeat myself for your benefit ..MYSTIC JOURNEY has to earn the top spot and isn't there yet ...by the end of the Spring, with a Cox Plate under her belt, she might be ...but (I'll say it again so scooby doesnt have to) she isn't there yet...not by a long way, and as we all know in racing, a lot can go wrong.

She is currently rated 115 after 13 starts....a way to go yet wouldn't you say...??

31 minutes ago, Patiti said:

Just looked up the breeding a find it brilliantly crossed with Cambridge studs finest.

Must be a story in itself. 

Would love some feedback from a breeding guru.

The Sire is an interesting story P....wasn't a bad racehorse and looks like he could become a star if his first crop is anything to go by.

https://www.breednet.com.au/news/7151/Needs-Further's-Magical-Mystic-Journey

The Lawrence used to be a popular race for NZ horses when it was known as the Liston. I can recall Steely Dan and Kairau Lad winning it back in the day, and even earlier Vice Regal. Now the Aussie horses seem to be up and going much earlier with all of the big money on offer, and the NZ horses tend not to be up for it any more. Having said that of course the Foxbridge Plate has increased in status over the years, group wise, so is now a viable alternative as we see this year with a pretty decent sort of field.

13 hours ago, CT"s said:

If she strikes a wet track I agree she’ll be a force to be reckoned with.

On top of the ground I think MJ has her covered.

I’ve put $1,000 to win on her All In yesterday @ $1.80 so we’ll see what barrier she draws today. B)

IMG_4082.PNG

12 hours ago, Patiti said:

Just looked up the breeding a find it brilliantly crossed with Cambridge studs finest.

Must be a story in itself. 

Would love some feedback from a breeding guru.

This horse would never have been bought by The big boys. The ones who go to sales and pay fortunes for well bred stock that end up duds on the racetrack. That’s the majority. This is one of those fairy tale racing stories that come along now and then and involve a cheap horse by a Sire nobody has heard of. Owned by a nobody and trained by someone other than the big stable’s, by a guy who obviously is a great horseman. I listened to an interview last week and Mr Trinder (Trainer) was asked if he’d bring MJ to Melb for her final prep for her Spring campaign and avoid the Tassie wet and synthetic tracks etc. he replied, “Its worked ok so far so I’m ok on the synthetic with her. Why change?”. It’s going to take a good one to beat her and the PB Lawrence is a very very good field. When David Hayes has four runners - watch out! The Hayes Team will fire this Spring but MJ might just be too good this week. We’ll see. 

10 hours ago, TurnyTom said:

She just wins - CT is on the money - too short for me but in my multi

She’s out to $1.95 Fixed now with the TAB Tom. 

I think the money will come for her late. I just hope there’s not too much rain tomorrow. 

Looking forward to being back in NZ today. B)

17 minutes ago, Trump said:

This horse would never have been bought by The big boys. The ones who go to sales and pay fortunes for well bred stock that end up duds on the racetrack. That’s the majority. This is one of those fairy tale racing stories that come along now and then and involve a cheap horse by a Sire nobody has heard of. Owned by a nobody and trained by someone other than the big stable’s, by a guy who obviously is a great horseman. I listened to an interview last week and Mr Trinder (Trainer) was asked if he’d bring MJ to Melb for her final prep for her Spring campaign and avoid the Tassie wet and synthetic tracks etc. he replied, “Its worked ok so far so I’m ok on the synthetic with her. Why change?”. It’s going to take a good one to beat her and the PB Lawrence is a very very good field. When David Hayes has four runners - watch out! The Hayes Team will fire this Spring but MJ might just be too good this week. We’ll see. 

Have another look at her All Star Mile win Ernie. She had absolutely no right to win that sitting 3 deep with no cover the entire trip yet when Hartnell and Alizee challenged her after having much more economical runs she just extended and was going away again on the line.

She’s the real deal. B)

41 minutes ago, CT"s said:

I think the money will come for her late. I just hope there’s not too much rain tomorrow. 

so  you backed her at $1.80 before the draw.She draws 2 and blows to $1.95!!..Who did you back her with?

42 minutes ago, Trump said:

Yes Fifty Stars is a pretty good horse and could run a race fresh up. Kenedna still has residual from Qld and Cliff's Edge good second up.

Does look a good race for her though, if she can't win this not sure where they go.

The Sire was a decent racehorse Trumpy, Won a Carbine Club Stakes when Gai Waterhouse trained it.

And they don't come much better bred than Needs Further, the half-brother to the dual Group One winner Hallowed Crown being a son of the Group Three winning Golden Slipper runner-up Crowned Glory whose dam is a half-sister to super star stallion Zabeel.

Kenedna grew a leg in Qld and won 2 good races. I doubt she can win Sat but it is The old Liston and there’s often upsets. Hartnell is probably the danger for MJ. He’s working well and can run fresh. Outside Hartnell, the Hayes horses often perform well fresh. I love these races with a hot fave. I’ll be anchoring her to run second in a F4, looking for value in a unlikely upset. 

24 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Yes Fifty Stars is a pretty good horse and could run a race fresh up. Kenedna still has residual from Qld and Cliff's Edge good second up.

Does look a good race for her though, if she can't win this not sure where they go.

The Sire was a decent racehorse Trumpy, Won a Carbine Club Stakes when Gai Waterhouse trained it.

And they don't come much better bred than Needs Further, the half-brother to the dual Group One winner Hallowed Crown being a son of the Group Three winning Golden Slipper runner-up Crowned Glory whose dam is a half-sister to super star stallion Zabeel.

My comment re the Sire was meant to reflect that he’s not Snitzel, Redoutes, More Than Ready, etc etc. 

40 minutes ago, flockofewes2 said:

so  you backed her at $1.80 before the draw.She draws 2 and blows to $1.95!!..Who did you back her with?

I was always going to back her regardless flock. 

$1.80 Fixed All in with the TAB just means I know what I’m going to get whether there are scratchings or not.

2 hours ago, CT"s said:

see you down at the Right Track for a cold Lion Red Thommo

10 minutes ago, Richmond Tiger said:

What have we here, CT? An excuse being organised already? For a horse you already label as the best in Australia who you think "will go unbeaten this prep" ..? Or.do you mean "will go unbeaten this prep unless the track is unsuitable and/or she gets checked out of a race, and/or draws too wide, and/or is unsuited by the tempo and/or jockey falls asleep...? You do make me laugh.

Stick to PLAN A, mate...don't let a little bit  lot of precipitation upset your confidence in MJ, or your cunning plan of being clever enough to publicly label the 'best horse in Australia' before anyone else does (like you did with Black Caviar!, you genius!!)

25 minutes ago, Richmond Tiger said:

Won’t have time on this occasion Sam. Perhaps we can catch up for a beer when I’m back in October. 

16 minutes ago, weasel57 said:

What have we here, CT? An excuse being organised already? For a horse you already label as the best in Australia who you think "will go unbeaten this prep" ..? Or.do you mean "will go unbeaten this prep unless the track is unsuitable and/or she gets checked out of a race, and/or draws too wide, and/or is unsuited by the tempo and/or jockey falls asleep...? You do make me laugh.

Stick to PLAN A, mate...don't let a little bit  lot of precipitation upset your confidence in MJ, or your cunning plan of being clever enough to publicly label the 'best horse in Australia' before anyone else does (like you did with Black Caviar!, you genius!!)

Not worried in the slightest weasel. Her will to win will have her dominant on all surfaces. That being said I would prefer she doesn’t have a gut buster on a heavy 9 fresh up with her main target still over 2 months away. 

1 hour ago, Houlahan's Dream said:

Could you not argue that Hartnell's last furlong in AStar mile was more impressive? Jock had to change direction twice in home straight, finally gets the old bugger balanced, and away he goes?

He was strong at line there , goes well off break , in fact record is better than bare figures as unplaced efforts off break close up against good ones and big fields . His record in this race is superb, he won with extra weight in 2017 . Iam on him at 4.25 and at  1.55 the place iam happy to  cover my bet with bit of place money.