RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CT"s

Mystic Journey to go unbeaten this preparation........

This Saturday Mystic Journey resumes in the P.B. Lawrence where she is a clear $1.75 Fixed Odds favourite to win.

I’ll be in NZ unfortunately so won’t get to see her season’s return. 

She’s won her 2 trials easily leading into this and ran her last 600m in a tick over 33 seconds hard held. 

How are they going to beat her this campaign? I don’t think they can. 

She has picked the batten up where Winx left off. B)

51 minutes ago, CT"s said:

This Saturday Mystic Journey resumes in the P.B. Lawrence where she is a clear $1.75 Fixed Odds favourite to win.

She’s won her 2 trials easily leading into this and ran her last 600m in a tick over 33 seconds hard held. 

You are obviously heading to Te Rapa on Saturday to cast your eyes over this years Cox Plate winner?! :rcf-happy-7::rcf-laughing-2:

1 hour ago, CT"s said:

In NZ unfortunately :rcf-sad-13: :rcfe-happy-3:

35 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

Do you really think she's that good Chris

Big call - but she is extra for sure

Absolutely Tom! She’s a ripper and I think she’s a lot stronger and has improved since her last preparation.

25 minutes ago, Baz (NZ) said:

You are obviously heading to Te Rapa on Saturday to cast your eyes over this years Cox Plate winner?! :rcf-happy-7::rcf-laughing-2:

I was considering attending a NZ race meeting while I was there but won’t have time (flying back Saturday) I’ll be back in October but might come over for the Karaka Million next year. 

I used to love going to Te Rapa when I was at Waikato Uni Baz! B)

1 hour ago, CT"s said:

I reckon she will blow out and be disappointing this campaign CT , no real reasoning but I just get a feeling she's that kind of horse, great 3 yo but might struggle at 4  . I've back against Winx and Stradivarius for years though in hope I've found the one to beat them at odds  so my formline poor in such matters .

8 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

I reckon she will blow out and be disappointing this campaign CT , no real reasoning but I just get a feeling she's that kind of horse, great 3 yo but might struggle at 4  . I've back against Winx and Stradivarius for years though in hope I've found the one to beat them at odds  so my formline poor in such matters .

Not to mention she now has to carry CT this season! :rcf-laughing-2:

4 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Is that a gut feeling Rummy? 33 odd hard held the brain would question that :rcf-rich-1: but Taoists would be on your side. The question is was your decision to back against Winx based upon Gut? 

personally I don't give a shite about a sectional in training. Sectionals in real races is different. While I have a good deal of respect for MJ on past performance, it is ludicrous to contend that she picks up "where Winx left off" ..silly silly remark CT, give yourself a left hook ...if MJ wins six in a row in  the spring you might think about comparing her to ... a lot of good horses, but not Winx.
Get real, mate ... as mentioned once before, you have a tendency to imagine or hope for things before they are real ...everyone wants another Winx ...but chances are MJ is just an extremely good 3yo who has a lot to do to walk among the true champions of the turf.

10 minutes ago, weasel57 said:

personally I don't give a shite about a sectional in training. Sectionals in real races is different. While I have a good deal of respect for MJ on past performance, it is ludicrous to contend that she picks up "where Winx left off" ..silly silly remark CT, give yourself a left hook ...if MJ wins six in a row in  the spring you might think about comparing her to ... a lot of good horses, but not Winx.
Get real, mate ... as mentioned once before, you have a tendency to imagine or hope for things before they are real ...everyone wants another Winx ...but chances are MJ is just an extremely good 3yo who has a lot to do to walk among the true champions of the turf.

Who’s comparing her to Winx weasel?

I said “she’s picked up the batten where Winx left off.”

I’ll translate that for you: Winx was the best horse in Australia, Mystic Journey is now. 

You’re reading more into my post that isn’t even there.

25 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Is that a gut feeling Rummy? 33 odd hard held the brain would question that :rcf-rich-1: but Taoists would be on your side. The question is was your decision to back against Winx based upon Gut? 

Some would say as I lump around a sports field I've got too much gut to feel nowdays . Yeah just gut feeling , I'd have to check that all stars mile field again but old Hartnell was quite close i recall and he wouldn't be anywhere near my Cox Plate maybe's this year even though he a legend of horse , it wasnt a steller field i recall .

38 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Fair enough Red Rum. Have you seen her latest trial? It was very very good. 

I’m glad she was scratched from the Bletchingly. She’ll get a much better track to kick off on Saturday. 

She has the will to win this girl. It’s strong in this one. She let them get past her.

5 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Some would say as I lump around a sports field I've got too much gut to feel nowdays . Yeah just gut feeling , I'd have to check that all stars mile field again but old Hartnell was quite close i recall and he wouldn't be anywhere near my Cox Plate maybe's this year even though he a legend of horse , it wasnt a steller field i recall .

To be fair I think she peaked after winning the Australian Guineas. That being said she did beat Alizee in the All Star Mile who won with a leg in the air fresh up on Saturday.

18 minutes ago, CT"s said:

Who’s comparing her to Winx weasel?

I said “she’s picked up the batten where Winx left off.”

I’ll translate that for you: Winx was the best horse in Australia, Mystic Journey is now. 

You’re reading more into my post that isn’t even there.

How is she the best horse in Australia,now you are really dreaming.:rcf-thinking:

18 minutes ago, CT"s said:

Fair enough Red Rum. Have you seen her latest trial? It was very very good. 

I’m glad she was scratched from the Bletchingly. She’ll get a much better track to kick off on Saturday. 

She has the will to win this girl. It’s strong in this one. She let them get past her.

Sounds like the force CT . I’m buying it, you have a link to the trial???

13 minutes ago, CT"s said:

To be fair I think she peaked after winning the Australian Guineas. That being said she did beat Alizee in the All Star Mile who won with a leg in the air fresh up on Saturday.

That Douglas Macarthur entered up too later in card,  got a decision over Yucatan once , off for two years now .

Good to see the good horses kicking off again CT .

29 minutes ago, CT"s said:

Spirit of Valour could be very dangerous Saturday , trip no problem , has run a 2nd in Jersey Stakes over stiff Ascot 7   , gone well at Caulfield last spring . The big hitters still own him , not gelded so they must be  looking for decent win in OZ for stud .

Wasn't it the race Craig Williams went round with tools in his boots last year on Hartnell. Very odd stuff .

33 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

How is she the best horse in Australia,now you are really dreaming.:rcf-thinking:

When Winx retired she became the best horse in Australia. 

If Mystic Journey isn’t the best horse in Australia then who is Leigh? 

1 hour ago, CT"s said:

When Winx retired she became the best horse in Australia. 

If Mystic Journey isn’t the best horse in Australia then who is Leigh? 

Whats she beat to justify that??? She beat Alizee who is not a miler...please tell me what else she has beaten...IF and its a big IF she improves from 3 to 4 she has the "potential" to become the best in Oz. But she surely aint there yet.

26 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Whats she beat to justify that??? She beat Alizee who is not a miler...please tell me what else she has beaten...IF and its a big IF she improves from 3 to 4 she has the "potential" to become the best in Oz. But she surely aint there yet.

Thanks for avoiding the question Leigh. 

You clearly disagree with my opinion that Mystic Journey is the best horse in Australia yet you can’t tell me who is?

That’s a bit of a cop out isn’t it?