RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CT"s

Mystic Journey to go unbeaten this preparation........

11 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

He was strong at line there , goes well off break , in fact record is better than bare figures as unplaced efforts off break close up against good ones and big fields . His record in this race is superb, he won with extra weight in 2017 . Iam on him at 4.25 and at  1.55 the place iam happy to  cover my bet with bit of place money.

9 year old now though, will be interesting to see how he goes against some young guns.

Know anything about Mustajeer RR ? Aussies have just bought him for Caulfield/Melb Cup. Runs in the Ebor.

44 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

9 year old now though, will be interesting to see how he goes against some young guns.

Know anything about Mustajeer RR ? Aussies have just bought him for Caulfield/Melb Cup. Runs in the Ebor.

That horse been knocking around a few years I think  , i thought I saw  it had entry Friday night in Leger Trial at Curragh . Big 10 days up north Irish Leger Trial, Royal Whip , Geoffrey Freer ,Kegorley  Ebor and Yorkshire Cup. Puzzle might be slightly clearer by Sunday week. Hold bets on Dee Ex Bee,  read trainers plans on him in Post yesterday  , says Yorkshire Cup and maybe Prix Cadran so if that's case he's a non starter for Melbourne . 

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

All the horses around Mustajeer  formline in Ireland entered up this weekend .

Dal Harraild went alright here last spring , his 3 year old half brother Dal Horrisgale looks decent , gelding so no classics for him, 102 now after 5th in Gordon Stakes .He's going to end up in OZ at some point I would have thought.  Runs Newbury this weekend against older horses.

13 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

All the horses around Mustajeer  formline in Ireland entered up this weekend .

Dal Harraild went alright here last spring , his 3 year old half brother Dal Horrisgale looks decent , gelding so no classics for him, 102 now after 5th in Gordon Stakes .He's going to end up in OZ at some point I would have thought.  Runs Newbury this weekend against older horses.

Has won in listed company and maybe new owners are hoping he can sneak in with a light weight. Plenty of others preferred so not for me.

Here's an offer from Classic Bet ...one for CT to seriously consider since he thinks she is uneatable and has laready got $1k on the nose at $1.75...here's some easy money for you, mate ...

The Lay of the Day for this week is Mystic Journey in race 8 at Caulfield for $2.20 and once again the chance to win bonus bets is back!

If you do back Mystic Journey and it comes in first, you obviously win the bet, and we’ll also give you bonus bets to match the value of your original stake up to $200.

First 1,000 punters only, so get your bets in now to avoid missing out!

A word of warning in here.....

Lawrence Stakes Day, to be held at Caulfield on Saturday, is often the meeting that signals to racing fans that spring is about to dawn.

It does not technically fall within the confines of the Spring Carnival, but it always heralds the return of a number of expected spring stars.

This year it packs extra punch with Cox Plate favourite Mystic Journey headlining the field for the main event, the $200,000 Group 2 P.B. Lawrence Stakes.

The Tasmanian star is the odds-on favourite for the 1400-metre weight-for-age event, despite a word of warning from her trainer Adam Trinder that the Soft track is not ideal and a top-three finish would be satisfactory in his eyes given the campaign ahead.

Historically speaking, that might be the best thing for her hopes of scaling the heights many have predicted for her coming into this campaign.

Lawrence Stakes victory has not been the launching pad to spring glory that those connected with the recent winners would have understandably dreamed of. Of the past 12 winners, only Mourinho - who went on to win the Group 1 Underwood Stakes - has won another race later in the campaign.

Recent Lawrence Stakes winners and their subsequent spring record:

2007 - Apache Cat: 1 start; 2nd Makybe Diva Stakes;

2008 - Light Fantastic: Two starts; 4th Makybe Diva Stakes and 2nd-last in Underwood Stakes;

2009 - Predatory Pricer: 4 starts; best results 2nd Turnbull Stakes and 3rd Underwood Stakes;

2010 - Shoot Out: 6 starts; best results 3rd Memsie Stakes, Feehan Stakes, Turnbull Stakes and 4th Cox Plate;

2011 - Whobegotyou: 1 starts; 3rd Feehan Stakes;

2012 - Second Effort: 3 starts; best result 3rd Memsie Stakes;

2013 - Puissance de Lune: 4 starts; best results 2nd Makybe Diva Stakes and Turnbull Stakes;

2014 - Star Rolling: 4 starts; no placings;

2015 - Mourinho: 3 starts; best result Underwood Stakes win;

2016 - Miss Rose De Lago: 3 starts; best result 3rd Memsie Stakes;

2017 - Hartnell: 4 starts; best results 2nd Makybe Diva Stakes and Underwood Stakes; and

2018 - Showtime: 2 starts; both unplaced.

Mourinho is also the most recent Lawrence Stakes winner to contest the Cox Plate, but he could manage only 12th placing at The Valley in the first of Winx's four-straight wins in the race.

Pompeii Ruler, in 2006, is the most recent Lawrence winner to run a place in the Cox Plate, while you have to go back to So Called in 1978 for the last of the three to complete the double.

Better Loosen Up (fourth in the 1990 Lawrence) and Maldivian (third in 2008) are the only Cox Plate winners to have come through the Lawrence since So Called.

The race that was known as the Liston Stakes from its inception in 1949 until 2010 has been an even worse guide to the other majors with Sydeston the only horse to win it and the Caulfield Cup in the same season, while no horse has completed the Lawrence Stakes/Melbourne Cup double.

Five Melbourne Cup winners have come through the Lawrence, Subzero the latest in 1992, while Jameka became the first horse since Elvstroem (2004) to take it in en route to Caulfield Cup success.

Jameka finished fourth in the 2016 Lawrence, which was during her four-year-old season, and this year marks 20 years since the most recent mare of that age group (Inaflury) to win the Lawrence.

Miss Rose De Lago, a six-year-old when she won, is the only mare to win since Inaflury, while entire Showtime snapped a seven-year run of outs for four-year-olds with his win last year.

Mystic Journey went up the $1.85 favourite with BetEasy following Wednesday's release of the final field and should she start 'in the red', she will be striving to become the first odds-on winner since Mahogany at 8/13 ($1.62) in 1994.

Regal Roller (10th at $1.95 in 2005) and Weekend Hussler (second at $1.70 in 2008) are those to have started odds-on since.

Only four favourites have won since Mahogany - Apache Cat ($2.10), Shoot Out ($3), Puissance de Lune ($3.50) and Hartnell ($2.80) - but punters haven't been too far off the mark of late with Star Rolling ($10) the longest-priced winner since 2007.

23 hours ago, Swoopa said:

Has won in listed company and maybe new owners are hoping he can sneak in with a light weight. Plenty of others preferred so not for me.

Red Rum, I was referring to Mustajeer in my comment  above.

Do you fancy anything at the York festival?

Cheers

30 minutes ago, Swoopa said:

Red Rum, I was referring to Mustajeer in my comment  above.

Do you fancy anything at the York festival?

Cheers

Logician can step up  for Dettori and Gosden in Voltigeur .

Raymond Tusk drops into handicaps first time in Ebor . Like it's price ew.Form behind the best , even that 4th in Doha looks good behind French King now as he's a rising star in Europe . Buildmeupbuttercup unikely to get in but Mullins does well in these types races with dual purpose horses. Only broke maiden on flat last time but it hosed home .

A'Ali could do biz in Nunthorpe,  2 year olds do ok in that race when they run, and he's top notch.

Whats you early picks .

I’m sitting down at the airport waiting to hop on a plane to Melbourne and I’ve just heard Be Good To Ya Mother lead all the way as did Pippie in the first race. 

I see she’s blown out to $2.20 Fixed odds.

Darmanin will need to be positive from 2 and put her up in the first four from the barrier.

Hopefully I arrive in Melbourne with some good news in 4 hours. B)

On 8/15/2019 at 6:23 PM, CT"s said:

Feels warmer here in Auckland than it does in Melbourne! B)

Did you and LJM watch the race together down at HQ?

It would have been a bit of fun sharing the moment  

Go Mystic Journey. 

2 hours ago, Insider said:

Did you and LJM watch the race together down at HQ?

It would have been a bit of fun sharing the moment  

Go Mystic Journey. 

No time this time. I might pop in early October if I get a chance.

Judging by the deafening silence I’m guessing MJ won Liz? :P

Just tapped into the Air NZ free Wifi at 32,000 ft just starting our descent into Melbourne.

Go Betty go!! B)

9 hours ago, CT"s said:

Just tapped into the Air NZ free Wifi at 32,000 ft just starting our descent into Melbourne.

Go Betty go!! B)

MJ won as you know.Your punting discipline and instincts deserted you taking $1.80.

10 hours ago, CT"s said:

Go Betty go!! B)

Good win CT and I know you put it up here whilst it was still rattling around Tassie  , Hartnell was running on nicely at death he's some horse at 9.Still don't think MJ or Te Akau Shark will win  the big one but to be fair it's easier to say a horse won't win that will win because I've got field against them. This Danceteria horse good but not sure about the Valley , it was making ground nicely at Sandown in July against Enable and Magical but Valley and Sandown totally different characteristics .  . Spring is here and the good horses are back that's the main thing .Marmelo runs at Deauville tonight .

3 hours ago, flockofewes2 said:

MJ won as you know.Your punting discipline and instincts deserted you taking $1.80.

One bet yesterday for one win flock. $800 profit.

I’d say my punting discipline and instincts were pretty good.

How did you go on the punt yesterday?

1 hour ago, TurnyTom said:

MJ clearly the goods _ something extra for sure

Absolutely Tom. Mark Zahra who rode Cliff’s Edge yesterday said he’d never been more confident of a horse winning leading as he did yesterday and she mowed him down easily in the end.

She’s a special horse for sure.

43 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Good win CT and I know you put it up here whilst it was still rattling around Tassie  , Hartnell was running on nicely at death he's some horse at 9.Still don't think MJ or Te Akau Shark will win  the big one but to be fair it's easier to say a horse won't win that will win because I've got field against them. This Danceteria horse good but not sure about the Valley , it was making ground nicely at Sandown in July against Enable and Magical but Valley and Sandown totally different characteristics .  . Spring is here and the good horses are back that's the main thing .Marmelo runs at Deauville tonight .

I just love her will to win Red Rum.

She got pushed wide coming around the home turn meanwhile Cliff’s Edge was cruising out front kicking away for a seemingly easy victory. But once she knuckled down and her killer instinct kicked in she was always going to reel him in. Only special horses have that.

Hartnell’s best chance of beating her was yesterday where he was in front of her but he couldn’t match her turn of foot in the straight.

She’ll be even better on a firmer surface over a longer distance at Flemington in the Makybe Diva. I’m glad he’s chosen to bypass the Memsie. She only needs 2 more runs to be at peak fitness for the Cox Plate and we know she’ll get the distance having run 2000m already in the All Star Mile! B)

1 hour ago, CT"s said:

One bet yesterday for one win flock. $800 profit.

I’d say my punting discipline and instincts were pretty good.

How did you go on the punt yesterday?

$2.70 was available and she blew from your $1.80.

As for how I went...pointless really...could say anything.It was a winning day .

19 minutes ago, flockofewes2 said:

$2.70 was available and she blew from your $1.80.

As for how I went...pointless really...could say anything.It was a winning day .

Good for you. Which horses did you back in your winning day flock?

I was happy to back my judgement and take a $800 guaranteed profit knowing that I was going to be in NZ.

If I had’ve been in Melbourne I would’ve been on course at Caulfield and taken the best price a bookie would’ve offered which is what I’ll be doing at Flemington when she races in the Makybe Diva. B)

140F66E8-0779-4ECC-8D8B-9DAC2095E4B2.jpeg

48 minutes ago, flockofewes2 said:

Winners are grinners.MJ featured in a F4 and Quaddie collect.The F4 was great..made by Sikandrabad running 4th I guess.

Very good flock. What did the quaddie pay?

4 hours ago, NextPlease said:

BOG is available with some bookmakers. Takes the worry out of locking in undervalue odds.

I find a lot of the fun is picking a horse you like then finding a bookie on course to bet on it with. 

BOG I feel would take the fun out of it. 

I don’t bet to make money. I’ve got a good job for that. I bet purely for the love of the thoroughbred game.