RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CT"s

Mystic Journey to go unbeaten this preparation........

14 minutes ago, CT"s said:

Thanks for avoiding the question Leigh. 

You clearly disagree with my opinion that Mystic Journey is the best horse in Australia yet you can’t tell me who is?

That’s a bit of a cop out isn’t it?

No i just don't think she is anywhere near proven as the best in Australia...I just deal in facts...not fiction...

9 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

No i just don't think she is anywhere near proven as the best in Australia...I just deal in facts...not fiction...

Ok. So you deal in facts.

I’ll give you facts no problem.

She’s had 13 starts for 10 wins including her last 6 in a row for 3.2 million in stakes including dominant wins in the Australian Guineas and All Star Mile.

She’s the current favourite for the premier WFA race in Australia and a red hot favourite for her return at Caulfield this Saturday.

10 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Whats she beat to justify that??? She beat Alizee who is not a miler...please tell me what else she has beaten...IF and its a big IF she improves from 3 to 4 she has the "potential" to become the best in Oz. But she surely aint there yet.

absolutely right scooby-doo. MJ is clearly a topliner but as usual CT jumps the gun ...there are plenty of horses she hasn't met yet, and the transition from top 3yo in the summer/autumn to topliner against all-comers the following spring and beyond is never easy. MJ has a lot to do to inherit the throne and doesn't get it by default. She has to earn it.

4 minutes ago, weasel57 said:

absolutely right scooby-doo. MJ is clearly a topliner but as usual CT jumps the gun ...there are plenty of horses she hasn't met yet, and the transition from top 3yo in the summer/autumn to topliner against all-comers the following spring and beyond is never easy. MJ has a lot to do to inherit the throne and doesn't get it by default. She has to earn it.

Who’s the best horse in Australia weasel?

6 minutes ago, CT"s said:

Who’s the best horse in Australia weasel?

no one knows ..question is too general anyway ...best sprinter? Miler? stayer? What I can say is that MJ was an outstanding 3yo filly of her year.

Which horse has the top rating in Australia CT? I bet its not MJ.

on current world rankings ...Santa Ana Lane (124) and Happy Clapper (123) ... happy to repeat myself repeat myself for your benefit ..MYSTIC JOURNEY has to earn the top spot and isn't there yet ...by the end of the Spring, with a Cox Plate under her belt, she might be ...but (I'll say it again so scooby doesnt have to) she isn't there yet...not by a long way, and as we all know in racing, a lot can go wrong.

2 minutes ago, weasel57 said:

no one knows ..question is too general anyway ...best sprinter? Miler? stayer? What I can say is that MJ was an outstanding 3yo filly of her year.

Which horse has the top rating in Australia CT? I bet its not MJ.

No one knows. That’s right weasel. No one knows. So because no one knows we can’t state an opinion? Is that what you’re saying because if that’s the case it’d be pretty boring wouldn’t it? 

Aren’t we here to discuss our opinions on thoroughbred racing? I don’t have an issue with you disagreeing with my opinion. That’s fine. But if you’re going to say she’s not the best in Australia tell us all who you think is and we can discuss it. Disagreeing for the sake of it is easy. Anyone can do that but it doesn’t add anything to the discussion.

5 minutes ago, weasel57 said:

on current world rankings ...Santa Ana Lane (124) and Happy Clapper (123) ... happy to repeat myself repeat myself for your benefit ..MYSTIC JOURNEY has to earn the top spot and isn't there yet ...by the end of the Spring, with a Cox Plate under her belt, she might be ...but (I'll say it again so scooby doesnt have to) she isn't there yet...not by a long way, and as we all know in racing, a lot can go wrong.

Thanks for providing your reason weasel and adding something to the discussion.

Fantastic, now we can all debate it. 

Great. 

I stated Black Caviar was the best horse in Australia after she won her 3rd race. It was my opinion at the time and she didn’t end up doing too badly in the end. B)

Under your reasoning I wouldn’t have been able to state that opinion when I did. Why not? It’s just my opinion.

Thoroughbred racing is a collective of different opinions. That’s why we love the game. B)

7 minutes ago, CT"s said:

No one knows. That’s right weasel. No one knows. So because no one knows we can’t state an opinion? Is that what you’re saying because if that’s the case it’d be pretty boring wouldn’t it? 

Aren’t we here to discuss our opinions on thoroughbred racing? I don’t have an issue with you disagreeing with my opinion. That’s fine. But if you’re going to say she’s not the best in Australia tell us all who you think is and we can discuss it. Disagreeing for the sake of it is easy. Anyone can do that but it doesn’t add anything to the discussion.

I think what most of them are trying to say Stopper is that you do have a history of getting a bit over excited. Longer term punters tend to wait and let things unfold.

7 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I think what most of them are trying to say Stopper is that you do have a history of getting a bit over excited. Longer term punters tend to wait and let things unfold.

Where exactly is the excitement in “letting things unfold?”

Are you saying we can’t have an opinion prior to “letting things unfold?”

Are you saying I wasn’t able to call Black Caviar the best horse in Australia after she won her 3rd race because I didn’t wait and “let things unfold?”

Really?

Pretty boring way to live your life if that’s the case.

Don’t we punt on horses because of our opinion prior to “letting things unfold?” Correct me if I’m wrong We’re Doomed.

6 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Not often I say this but I’m inclined to agree with the sub species here, other than being untested right handed ( I hope I’m right there ) and over a trip she does look like one hell of a horse, and almost certainly destined for the very top.

I agree she "could"be the best In Australia "if" she continues to perform well..but to say she is the best in OZ right now..well that is just CT stopper speak.JMO:rcfe-like:

3 hours ago, CT"s said:

Where exactly is the excitement in “letting things unfold?”

Are you saying we can’t have an opinion prior to “letting things unfold?”

Are you saying I wasn’t able to call Black Caviar the best horse in Australia after she won her 3rd race because I didn’t wait and “let things unfold?”

Really?

Pretty boring way to live your life if that’s the case.

Don’t we punt on horses because of our opinion prior to “letting things unfold?” Correct me if I’m wrong We’re Doomed.

Black Caviar was the best sprinter in Australia.Winx was not as 1 dimensional.black caviar.

So You Think won back to back Cox Plates when BC was racing.He was a much more valuable horse.

Would Te Akau Shark beat Mystic Journey over 1400-2000m? From what I've seen he's one hell of a horse... 

He could be the best in Australia this spring, CT ... but there are imponderables, aren't there? Has he fully recovered from the injury setback? Will he travel well/acclimatise well over there?

The grad thing about Spring is that we are going to find out.

To repeat myself repeat myself - again for CT's benefit -I respect Mystic Journey's career record , but she has one (only) Group 1 at present, and has to step up against a bunch of horses who she hasn't yet met - including the best from Godzone, and the newbies from UK/Europe/ Japan (?) coming over for the Cox/Cup. That's a big ask, and it'd be a magnificent achievement if she can sweep all before her in this campaign. Save yer money up, CT ...you may get some great value from her in the next 3 months! (Esp if she fails once or twice when fave early on  ....

1 hour ago, flockofewes2 said:

Black Caviar was the best sprinter in Australia.Winx was not as 1 dimensional.black caviar.

So You Think won back to back Cox Plates when BC was racing.He was a much more valuable horse.

Straight over your head flock.

You’ve missed the point.

The point is I labelled Black Caviar the best horse in Australia after her 3rd win “before letting things unfold” as We’re Doomed has said.

That was my opinion at that time and my opinion was proven to be correct.

As punters we bet on horses based on our opinions before “letting things unfold.” That’s why it’s called punting. 

I wonder if We’re Doomed gets that. :)

1 hour ago, weasel57 said:

Would Te Akau Shark beat Mystic Journey over 1400-2000m? From what I've seen he's one hell of a horse... 

He could be the best in Australia this spring, CT ... but there are imponderables, aren't there? Has he fully recovered from the injury setback? Will he travel well/acclimatise well over there?

To repeat myself repeat myself - again for CT's benefit -I respect Mystic Journey's career record , but she has one (only) Group 1 at present, and has to step up against a bunch of horses who she hasn't yet met - including the best from Godzone, and the newbies from UK/Europe/ Japan (?) coming over for the Cox/Cup. That's a big ask, and it'd be a magnificent achievement if she can sweep all before her in this campaign. Save yer money up, CT ...you may get some great value from her in the next 3 months! (Esp if she fails once or twice when fave early on  ....

I respect your opinion weasel and thanks for sharing that with me. 

In my opinion Mystic Journey has panels on Te Akau Shark from what I’ve seen and every other horse currently racing in Australia.

She’s only had the opportunity to contest one Group 1 race before. There was a time when Black Caviar only had one Group 1 race to her name too. Doesn’t mean I couldn’t have an opinion on her at that stage of her career just as I have an opinion on Mystic Journey now. 

Time to get some skin in the game. I’m not overly concerned where she draws as she’s clearly the best horse in the race. 

I’ll be midair somewhere between NZ and Melbourne when the race jumps so will check the result when I get home. B)

$1,000 win All in Betting Mystic Journey @ $1.80 (can’t upload the ticket unfortunately) :)

3 hours ago, weasel57 said:

A number of new imports turning up, Neufbosc in Saturday raced highest level France , Dee Ex Bee favored in Cup and he's beaten that horse . Rostrapovich been  gelded  also in Hayes Stable now  . He would have cost serious money . She's going to have to be very good rolling these horses coming in .

No trace Benbatl in Cox Plate entries but standing ground in few entries in UK so may have other targets this year .

Dee Ex Bee is developing into a serious racehorse imo,who I think needs another year.If they are going for the cup this year Johnston must be thinking he could be weighted out of it if he waits another year.He will be getting some of mine come November!

5 hours ago, CT"s said:

Straight over your head flock.

You’ve missed the point.

The point is I labelled Black Caviar the best horse in Australia after her 3rd win “before letting things unfold” as We’re Doomed has said.

That was my opinion at that time and my opinion was proven to be correct.

As punters we bet on horses based on our opinions before “letting things unfold.” That’s why it’s called punting. 

I wonder if We’re Doomed gets that. :)

No you've  missed the point..I just told you why SYT was a better horse..won more money ..too.

4 minutes ago, flockofewes2 said:

No you've  missed the point..I just told you why SYT was a better horse..won more money ..too.

SYT race record is a tour of the best races against the best horses at the best racecourses , on different surfaces , the champ who took on all comers and beat a fair few of them .

11 hours ago, poundforpound said:

No harm in having a bit of a wank over a rising star though......and given that alpha females are so favoured by the WFA scale I’m going to say the STD is allowed to declare this mare in anticipation.

Now, have I told you about my Ocean Park and my Pentire babies....?.....

No you haven’t, nor have you told us about your Contributer! 

By the way, what is you take on the Contribter’s given that have parted with your hard earned cash for one? 

Did you inspect the rest of the crop at the sales in January?

2 hours ago, poundforpound said:

I only bought the Contributer because Chris Rutten, the only person in NZ who could claim he’s a better judge of a horse than me, rang me and said he’d “found one” if I was interested, and I totally trust Rutten so I bought him sight unseen.

The horse is not big, but he’s very strong, he uses himself well, has good balance and a great attitude, and a big action.

Sam Spratt likes him a lot.

Do you want to buy him as I might RTR him ? and why might you be interested ? do you have a connection to Contributer Liz ?

I didn’t go to K2 and I didn’t see any other Contributers sorry.

Yes, I have a two year old filly by Contributer which is very attractive and sensible. Doing everything right, but who knows if it can run at this stage. 

I am thinking about using the horse again and when I learnt that you had one I thought that I would ask the question, thinking that you may have seen lots of them. 

Chris Rutten certainly is an outstanding judge. His only other purchase this year by Bull Point, already looks the goods. 

If only they would open an early market on the Karaka Million ( based on entries) I would have $50 EW today.

Liz

9 hours ago, Charlie Bukowski said:

MJ a little ripper but I think the Rising Star of Spring and the future is 

Verry Elleegant 

There you go 

If she strikes a wet track I agree she’ll be a force to be reckoned with.

On top of the ground I think MJ has her covered.

I’ve put $1,000 to win on her All In yesterday @ $1.80 so we’ll see what barrier she draws today. B)