RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
LightsOut

Do you think that one day....

the poor sap that calls himself  GM of Sports Wagering here in NZ will work out why Sports yields are down since Sportsbet started pricing the markets. NZ racing today head to head odds $1.85 the pair = 108% while sports games lines such as Souths vs Storm  - and + points starts $1.90  the pair =105%. Rita announced Sports betting margins over past months are well behind, around 3% i would guess which equates to the lost house % advantage pre the 'new' (loosely used as works like a relic from the past) betting platform. Obviously mathematics wasn't a strong point of the current GM of Sports Wagering. Someone do him a favour and buy him a bloody calculator for Xmas but make it an early present he needs it now.

Word is the last 5 months sports betting is behind by 30 million on budget how does that work when the new platform was sold to the Industry that it would increase turnover by millions due to all thousands of more options it could take than Jetbet. Budget figures for those 5 months was no doubt just plucked from the sky to justify the 40 million plus overruns for the Platform. Maybe also send the NZRB accountants the same early Xmas present 

Yes the new platform was going to pay for itself in 3 years due to increased profit from the extra millions it would generate along with doubling customers from 90,000 to 180,000. Yes not hard to see just bullshit the Industry with figures to sell them a lemon. Ha the 90,000 customer base would have declined given the feedback over the last 5 months.

The relic won't even pay the 17 million a year to run and service it. The only place the NZRB's budgets and forecasts belong is on the Cartoon Channel.

If the NZRB was owned as a division by a top 500 Fortune Company every one of them right now would be cutting their losses, bowing out and shutting it down. What does the NZ Racing Industry do appoints the CEO who sold the lemon to a working group that is formed to get the Industry on track to turn its financial performance around. How does someone positively participate in a group to make something work that they have helped to destroy by stating blatantly unachievable (to anyone with half a clue) targets. Yet he still draws a salary of hundreds of thousands a year which given results = imposter, fraudster or just a great bullshitter. Probably the last would be the favoured selection.   

The clocks has been ticking a while and as someone quoted a few months ago "the silence is deafening!" no one has been held accountable for setting the Industry back tens of millions and a huge loss of customers to the rival betting companies. Its an Industry that thousands depend on to survive not a lemonade stand so why haven't heads rolled? You have had your time you didn't the get results promised so what are you hanging around for there is no achievement medal coming. The only plus out of RITA so far is that we don't have to listen any longer to the drivel that was delivered to the Industry prior to it's existence. You can say harsh comments but it's 100% deserving given the current situation which will only gain further downhill traction given the sliding decline in budgets and turnovers. 

I read online that the Oxford Dictionary is currently considering to add 'NZ Racing Industry' as a new derivative slang for the word f@#$ed so at least they know how to read an Industry in decline.. 

Mmm isn't Jack a derivative for John? Ray knew something the NZ Racing Industry should have been saying 18 months ago and the scary part is he has been dead for 15 years. Although in saying that the 15 years probably equates to how far the Industry is behind than it should be thanks to clueless CEO's and top management that it has had to manage it.   

rhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Tiz6INF7I

3 hours ago, LightsOut said:

the poor sap that calls himself  GM of Sports Wagering here in NZ will work out why Sports yields are down since Sportsbet started pricing the markets. NZ racing today head to head odds $1.85 the pair = 108% while sports games lines such as Souths vs Storm  - and + points starts $1.90  the pair =105%. Rita announced Sports betting margins over past months are well behind, around 3% i would guess which equates to the lost house % advantage pre the 'new' (loosely used as works like a relic from the past) betting platform. Obviously mathematics wasn't a strong point of the current GM of Sports Wagering. Someone do him a favour and buy him a bloody calculator for Xmas but make it an early present he needs it now.

Word is the last 5 months sports betting is behind by 30 million on budget how does that work when the new platform was sold to the Industry that it would increase turnover by millions due to all thousands of more options it could take than Jetbet. Budget figures for those 5 months was no doubt just plucked from the sky to justify the 40 million plus overruns for the Platform. Maybe also send the NZRB accountants the same early Xmas present 

Yes the new platform was going to pay for itself in 3 years due to increased profit from the extra millions it would generate along with doubling customers from 90,000 to 180,000. Yes not hard to see just bullshit the Industry with figures to sell them a lemon. Ha the 90,000 customer base would have declined given the feedback over the last 5 months.

The relic won't even pay the 17 million a year to run and service it. The only place the NZRB's budgets and forecasts belong is on the Cartoon Channel.

If the NZRB was owned as a division by a top 500 Fortune Company every one of them right now would be cutting their losses, bowing out and shutting it down. What does the NZ Racing Industry do appoints the CEO who sold the lemon to a working group that is formed to get the Industry on track to turn its financial performance around. How does someone positively participate in a group to make something work that they have helped to destroy by stating blatantly unachievable (to anyone with half a clue) targets. Yet he still draws a salary of hundreds of thousands a year which given results = imposter, fraudster or just a great bullshitter. Probably the last would be the favoured selection.   

The clocks has been ticking a while and as someone quoted a few months ago "the silence is deafening!" no one has been held accountable for setting the Industry back tens of millions and a huge loss of customers to the rival betting companies. Its an Industry that thousands depend on to survive not a lemonade stand so why haven't heads rolled? You have had your time you didn't the get results promised so what are you hanging around for there is no achievement medal coming. The only plus out of RITA so far is that we don't have to listen any longer to the drivel that was delivered to the Industry prior to it's existence. You can say harsh comments but it's 100% deserving given the current situation which will only gain further downhill traction given the sliding decline in budgets and turnovers. 

I read online that the Oxford Dictionary is currently considering to add 'NZ Racing Industry' as a new derivative slang for the word f@#$ed so at least they know how to read an Industry in decline.. 

Mmm isn't Jack a derivative for John? Ray knew something the NZ Racing Industry should have been saying 18 months ago and the scary part is he has been dead for 15 years. Although in saying that the 15 years probably equates to how far the Industry is behind than it should be thanks to clueless CEO's and top management that it has had to manage it.   

rhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Tiz6INF7I

Just waiting for the next round of "Industry chats" LO.....should be enlightening.....:rolleyes:

Superb wrap up Lights out as to where we are going, nowhere!

Big go this weekend at TeRapa, favourite course for me, Foxbridge Plate, time honoured race, stake money of......

How long since the Messara report was put out to rejuvenate our local product, and has anything happened.....

Teething problems for sure but sports betting has huge potential , give it 12 months and then judge , no point crying , there's no going back . As for  , no ones been held accountable , it must fail first before any heads roll  .(check out the last paragraph)

Now on a more positive note for racing . . ex Bernards blog .

An additional 50 races (2582 in total) being run over the 2018-19 season saw funded prizemoney of $56.38m ahead of both budget and the previous year.

Our runner numbers were also well over budget and up on last year with 4812 individual starters and while our average field size was 10.49. this was still above last year.  Those individual starters managed to amass a total of 27,098 starts, up on both budget and the 2017-18 season.  Starters from our 18 major training tracks came in at 80%, also up on last year. These numbers reinforce our approach to the NZTR Venue Plan – that directionally supports hosting a larger share of race meetings where the horses are located. 

The thoroughbred code’s share of the domestic wagering market came in at 54.12% up from 51.92%, with turnover up 0.71%.

AND THIS . The closing month of last season was also a positive one for our digital platform , at a time which is traditionally a quiet one for the industry.  The total users of our site were up 18% on the same time last year and we have now crossed the 70,000 total user mark as we march towards that magic 100,000 milestone.  Our new users are also up 27% which is another positive sign.

8 hours ago, tripple alliance said:

Teething problems for sure but sports betting has huge potential , give it 12 months and then judge , no point crying , there's no going back .

Teething problems? Are you serious? The thing is so antique that it's past ready for dentures.

And don't get me started on the sports betting prospects as if racing even deserves to benefit from that. As Lights Out indicated, the margins are already almost negligible and with rapidly growing global competition, e.g. the US States legislating for it and the likes of the Sky City Malta operation, I'd say that is a dead duck.

Teething problems

Baby's have teething problems Betting Plaforms that don't 'perform' have that in common with clueless CEO's and GM's. Bernard Saundry works for the NZ Racing Industry employed by NZTR. Are you honestly that thick that you can't work why NZTR's digital presence is up big time its because the poor punters in NZ would rather use the NZTR site to access their race form than the TAB's courtesy of the new sorry relic of a betting site. You have to be employed the NZRB with that clueless mentality. There is a saying 'taking the piss' but you don't need to be going overboard although on second thoughts you need to when your on a sinking ship.    

Go and ask Harness Racing NZ how good they are going TA they have scrapped the $1,500 first time winning incentive for owners which was a great boost to struggling owners. If your that thick you can't work out why I will spell it out for you 'they don't have the funds to continue it". Yes as you say 'things are going well' yeah right.  

Major training track numbers are simply up and will rise because battling trainers can no longer afford to have their own training establishments due to increased costs verse declining incomes. Very simple maths once again. As for Stakes up check out this years Foxbridge Stake verse the stake 10 plus years ago and equate that to the less % verse the increased % for owners and trainers costs today. Stakes are that far behind when adjusted to 10 years of inflation.

Check out the Grand National Stakes now verse years ago and you actually believe stakes are up? $#%^ me. I didn't bother checking I know what the result will be. 

3 hours ago, LightsOut said:

Just to help and educate you TA re no heads rolled yet, the Racing Minister stated in the media he wants to clean the place out, he actually wan't inferring that the NZRB cleaners are the ones not performing and are clueless. 

Ah that's funny , do you seriously think winny gives a dam , he's moved on . The Messara report was his swansong , his exit strategy , implement this In it's entirety , if you don't , DON'T BLAME ME  when racing fails . How many dismissals have there been so far , I suspect ZERO , no body's going anywhere until they decide to go , it's all just wishful thinking on your part .

As for the success of the major training centres , that's easy , those centres are where the bigger populations are , trainers financial positions are not much different to what they were 10 years ago , what is different is those trainers are now 10 years older . 

Racing participants are mostly pension age and that's one of the biggest problems racing faces , I  have been to two funerals in the last week , one was only 63 .

Teething problems , yep , mostly relating to OLD people who are failing to adapt , at the end of the day ""rapidly growing global competition, e.g. the US States legislating for it and the likes of the Sky City Malta operation""  this only proves there is money to be had , let's try to get some of it .

What some of you fail to acknowledge is even though stakes are poor there are plenty of horses going around so it's not all bad , just look at the fantastic 3 day Riccarton carnival  we have just seen , I wish I could have headed north for just one of those days , perhaps next year .,

1 hour ago, tripple alliance said:

What some of you fail to acknowledge is even though stakes are poor there are plenty of horses going around so it's not all bad ,......

That's what YOU fail to see though. Those horses are generating LESS and LESS wagering revenue.

The only thing moving on in the NZ Racing Industry is punters,trainers and owners. You really are thick TA to be saying trainers financial positions are not much different to what they were 10 years ago. I would like to see a few trainers reply to you regarding that clueless and uneducated statement.

There is some money to be made but unfortunately Paddy Power and Open Bet are the ones getting it along with over paid and under performing General Managers and managers at the NZRB. 

Months before the betting platform came online I along with a few others came on here and said why it wouldn't return the bullshit figures sold to the Industry and every point today has been proven 100% correct. Deloittes also said the same thing, this came from a Company who does know how budgets work.  Now your saying the opposite to me that no one is going well remind me about your big call in a few months. Its very simple either some are going to go or if they don't unfortunately everyone will be going. Are you slowly getting it or do you need it in picture form to understand. Remind me wheres the NZRB Board who approved the new betting platform after getting the final recommendation from the CEO and a couple of clueless people put in charge of the project. Ohh that's right they have moved on thanks to the Racing Minister mmm no ones moving on? Looks like the ball has started to roll.

Numbers up that's a good one, one number that definitely isn't going up is your IQ. 

Racing participants are mostly pension age and that's one of the biggest problems racing faces

Remind me just what structures that the NZRB has put in place over the last few years to address that problem? ohh that's right they got in behind BGP with some funding and marketing to help them promote the Industry to the younger generation. I wonder just how many of those 13,000 plus members of BGP have opened accounts in Australia over the last couple of years, that would be interesting to know. More great work by the NZRB marketing team not identifying a ready made market to encourage and build on.

Teething problems , yep , mostly relating to OLD people who are failing to adapt , at the end of the day ""rapidly growing global competition,

I don't think I could have described John Allen better than you, well done you actually got something finally correct.

ps

Headed North to Riccarton ha ha good one but that curve ball was a little off.