RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ponderosa8

TAB Free Bets

Not sure if this issue has been covered off before.... but anyway.

Didn't realise I had a "$30 FREE BET" in my account until I accidently hit on the button (hope you know which one I mean).

So earlier in the day I put the $30 on Grand Ariana  FF PLC at $3.90 in the last at Ruakaka…. and it ran on nicely to finish 3rd.

Well $30 x $3.90 = $117.00 but my account was credited with only $87 so if you happen to be a winner they obviously deduct the amount of the Free Bet off the winning total.??

(just glad I didn't put the $30 for a place on Aalaalune on the tote in the first, paid $1.10 so I would have been credited a whopping $3)..

Surely you can see their point here Ponderosa?? If they didn't deduct the bonus (stake) then punters would simply bet on a $1.05 shot and withdraw the stake which would effectively end such promotions. As an aside, I think the TAB targeted bonus bets are very effective and a good marketing tool from the kiwi TAB

6 minutes ago, Richmond Tiger said:

Surely you can see their point here Ponderosa?? If they didn't deduct the bonus (stake) then punters would simply bet on a $1.05 shot and withdraw the stake which would effectively end such promotions. As an aside, I think the TAB targeted bonus bets are very effective and a good marketing tool from the kiwi TAB

I get your point but you could put a minimum odds requirement and turnover requirement e.g 3 times like some of the offshore operators have. 

I get why they are doing it they way they are now but I don’t really bother doing any of the top up bonus offers I get any more. 

Just now, tonkatime said:

I get your point but you could put a minimum odds requirement and turnover requirement e.g 3 times like some of the offshore operators have. 

I get why they are doing it they way they are now but I don’t really bother doing any of the top up bonus offers I get any more. 

I don't see why you wouldn't to be honest. If they are happy to give you a $30 free swing of the bat in return for depositing $50 then you are missing you. As an aside, I always use the free bets for options that are paying a fair bit such as backing the draw and also the first try scorer bets