RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Everton

Matt Cross

He makes me laugh, Its a Wonder wins the Grand National and coming towards the finish he says in commentary about jockey Phelan "good on you son" .. what the ? A few years ago Colin De Fillipi passed some milestone at the trots and said he said after he passed the finish line "congratulations son" .. calling Colin De Fillipi son, really respectful from someone around 30 going on 16.

6 hours ago, Everton said:

He makes me laugh, Its a Wonder wins the Grand National and coming towards the finish he says in commentary about jockey Phelan "good on you son" .. what the ? A few years ago Colin De Fillipi passed some milestone at the trots and said he said after he passed the finish line "congratulations son" .. calling Colin De Fillipi son, really respectful from someone around 30 going on 16.

Damian   Monday, July 26, 2004, 07:16 GMT
I'm not usually physically aggressive (but sometimes verbally) but if anyone called me "boy" I would feel an enormous urge to use my fist. It has connotations of servitude and quite patronising but I've never heard it used in Scotland, so it's restricted to certain areas of England ......or other countries. I've always associated it with the southern States of America particularly and part of the racist scene maybe. Being called "son" doesn't have the same effect for some reason.....it's a bit paternal. I still get called "son" now and again and I see nothing objectionable about i

It did sound a bit odd, Matt Cross calling home the winning jockey, "son", when is he even old enough to have a son himself? 

Mates at the TAB said at the time what the far... ? 

If Matt wants to start kicking around with the homies in C town, and get the street cred, he needs to start calling the winning jockeys and drivers "brah", youknowhatimsayin. 

Hey Rusty , I’m sure you’ve called people assholes driving your car around town :rcf-tongue-2: some people say ‘good shit’ :rcf-rich-1:  the English language is very malleable, but some people are a touch rigid:rcfe-happy-3:

Matthew Cross is 2 years younger than the winning jockey he referred to as "son". I have to agree with Everton in his opening post. It's a bit weird, but each to their own. 

Anyway Mattie C, good luck brah, sorry, I mean son.

33 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Matthew Cross is 2 years younger than the winning jockey he referred to as "son". I have to agree with Everton in his opening post. It's a bit weird, but each to their own. 

Anyway Mattie C, good luck brah, sorry, I mean son.

Brah, that’s transgender code. And there’s a few of those that went from mediocre men’s competition to winning women’s events with a leg in the air( not third , that was removed :rcfe-happy-3:)if your not born a woman you shouldn’t be eligible, but if your mixed up do what feels right...only problem is you will be in turmoil for life:rcf-sad-4: