RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Hangfire

Ruakaka - great winter track, shame about the winning post

Geez, help me out. All winter I've been trying to work out is it the painted running rail or the orange cone that I'm trying to judge the race finish on?

Maybe John Messara should have had as Point 18 in his report - every racetrack must have a winning post.

Ruakaka.jpg

1 minute ago, Hangfire said:

Geez, help me out. All winter I've been trying to work out is it the painted running rail or the orange cone that I'm trying to judge the race finish on?

Maybe John Messara should have had as Point 18 in his report - every racetrack must have a winning post.

Ruakaka.jpg

That's surely not winning post that cone . Why don't they have a post set up, always found it odd . 

21 hours ago, gubellini said:

Race 2 started early! No commentary from the course. Jason Teaz did a top job calling the race from the Trackside TV Studio. Amateur hour.

We got the commentary on course and the judges placings but are still waiting for George to give us the divvies. Maybe they didn't bother because there was nobody there to hear them anyway.

6 hours ago, Catalano said:

Slightly off topic, but how many years has it been since a locally trained horse hasn't won a race at a meeting there?

good point, but I can assure you that normal transmission will resume on 31 August

16 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Aren't road cones meant to be positioned on the otherside of the rail?

i.e. on the outside of it, on the course proper? Like Riccarton did back in the day. 

The problem is 9 times out of ten the rail wins at Ruakaka Rusty, next meet stay at Ruakaka beach motel Mike is a master at breaking down form:rcfe-smile: