RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Red Rum

Port Hedland Track

Just watched a race from Port Hedland . The commentator as they appeared out the cloud of crap said they hit the turf . I had a check , it's the ultimate hybrid racing surface , some dirt and some turf . American dirt bred male line with Euro turf dam line and bingo that's the track  for the  offspring . 

Have Rita even considered this hybrid surface for new tracks , I doubt it.

10 minutes ago, Memphis2 said:

Wasn't quite sure what you meant so had a look. Bit weird eh. I blinked and they went from dirt to turf. Thought channel had changed. 

Sounded like they were having a good time over there too. 

Yeah I though WTF. It's the Wild West out there .

Grass looked in need of watering , going stick wouldn't go in too far I'd guess.

Hi Red yep its the wild west alright going from iron sand to turf is more good luck than planning I would be surprised if there is any grass would be there at this time of year.Your right it is designed like that with the last 700 meters into the straight and finish in grass but the grass is covered in iron dust and sand .It is a huge day at the races and big crowds .Once again cold beer .BBQ and great hospitality.All these tracks have big screen tv's and intertrack betting.I put 20ew on a horse and this man in the next window put 5000 ew on something I slunk away from   the window .They sure know how to punt cheers BH.

Your right Blue 95% of us would not have a clue ,the track is hard and fast .By the time the 3rd race is finished you wouldnt know were the sand finishes and the turf starts.Unless there was a rogue cyclone in July the last thing they would never cancel a meeting.

3 hours ago, Boss Hogg said:

Hi Red yep its the wild west alright going from iron sand to turf is more good luck than planning I would be surprised if there is any grass would be there at this time of year.Your right it is designed like that with the last 700 meters into the straight and finish in grass but the grass is covered in iron dust and sand .It is a huge day at the races and big crowds .Once again cold beer .BBQ and great hospitality.All these tracks have big screen tv's and intertrack betting.I put 20ew on a horse and this man in the next window put 5000 ew on something I slunk away from   the window .They sure know how to punt cheers BH.

The background noise of crowd was clear on Sunday sounds a good laugh . 

Fontwell in Sussex is a jumps track that has a section of all weather in between turf circuit  now in area prone to turning to bog .

Velka Pardubicka is different , ploughed fields , turf, moats  but my favorite is the Anjou LoIre Challenge . How the jocks find their way round the circuit in ever decreasing circles is amazing , through forest , ponds ,up hill down hill , left turn right turn ,  the works . Beautiful location.