RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
TurnyTom

TAB Final Field Option Numbers

When do you even need to know them Tom? I am guessing it’s when you fill out a manual ticket in the TAB, otherwise never?

Dont you just use the phone app or website?  Why would anyone need to go into a TAB today other than possibly the elderly?.

But there must be a reason for this new system of option numbers; a system that I find silly in the extreme.

I am one of those elderly people who find it quicker to walk 1400 metres to the TAB than it is to navigate my way around their torturous web site, which I am sure was designed by nerds with masochistic tendencies.

Criticism of the numbering system simply undermines any legitimate criticisms of the site.  It's simply criticism for criticism sake - and with respect, a lack of understanding and a reluctance to accept change.

I agree the old numbering system such as 201 was easy - on any given date, that would be meeting 2 race 1.  However, under that system you can't bet on meeting 2 today and meeting 2 in a couple of days time.  I suppose you could if the meeting date was part of the unique key but I suspect that it's not designed that way.

So the new system is significant improve as it allows the TAB to offer betting on more than one TAB code at the same time.  

Yet even though it is an improvement, this has been a negative thread.  I'm not defending the things they've got wrong but simply pointing out that even a major improvement leads to criticism because fundamentally people don't necessarily understand.

When oncourse I would often just tell the lovely TAB operators behind the window the option and selection numbers for final field if I was wanting a bet as opposed to the tote. It was easy as it was commonsensical. 

But what do these muppets in charge do? Drop $50 million on a "new betting platform" and bugger it right up. I'd make whoever was in charge to walk the bloody platform. Walk the plank. Right off the edge. Idiots. 

9 minutes ago, Daveski said:

Yet even though it is an improvement, this has been a negative thread.  I'm not defending the things they've got wrong but simply pointing out that even a major improvement leads to criticism because fundamentally people don't necessarily understand.

That's it in a nutshell mate.

You are 100% on the money. 

People don't necessarily understand. 

4 hours ago, barryb said:

When do you even need to know them Tom? I am guessing it’s when you fill out a manual ticket in the TAB, otherwise never?

Dont you just use the phone app or website?  Why would anyone need to go into a TAB today other than possibly the elderly?.

To be fair BB I go local TAB for hour with a mate  on a Saturday when we get a free moment from kids sport and shit to deal with at home .There is  a decent cross section of society in there  and it's a bloody good laugh at times, and yesterday was  . It's like the old  days in a bookies without the smoke. We done our dough in 45 mins requiring me to do a five furlong dash to cash point to reload and do more dough on a 1200 maiden at Fannie Bay of all places . Rule 1 never chase money bit us on arse.

On 8/4/2019 at 8:17 AM, Tauhei Notts said:

But there must be a reason for this new system of option numbers; a system that I find silly in the extreme.

I am one of those elderly people who find it quicker to walk 1400 metres to the TAB than it is to navigate my way around their torturous web site, which I am sure was designed by nerds with masochistic tendencies.

i reckon you mean sado-masochistic TN ...them nerds ain't doing it to hurt themselves...we're the ones feelin' the pain on a daily basis LOL

Sure d

10 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Did anyone else notice Bet365 advertising on Sky Sports Channels today...??

Yep sure did Dave

Interesting and pretty much what I expected, Ozzie books will land here - invited or not

Our lot are fcken hopeless at business let alone running a betting agency that they are completely inadequate at

Had to happen

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:24 AM, Rusty said:

That's it in a nutshell mate.

You are 100% on the money. 

People don't necessarily understand. 

Why would any CEO introduce a new Website that the majority of his customers don't understand.

They had a perfectly good Site but discarded it.

5 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Why would any CEO introduce a new Website that the majority of his customers don't understand.

AS well as the CEO,  its the bunch of yes men,  the IT pros that know nothing about wagering and the wagering guys that know nothing about IT responsible for the introduction.

Add to that the financial wizards that know nothing about the value of money. 

9 hours ago, Griffin said:

That would be because the CEO doesn't understand their customer bsse.

Hence, my factious comment; "people don't necessarily understand." The people I were referring to, were not TAB customers, but the TAB head honchos. 

I totslly agree with your comments.

The previous website was brilliant and I cannot understsnd why anyone would want to drop $50 MILLION on the replacement.

The replacement was a good chance to further weaken the industry by squandering $50 million on it.

No doubt there's another benefit to whosoever received the Lumps. $50 million and another sum too wasn't there?

Bring back the Friday Flash and Dominion Friday lift-out...

Had all my bets sussed and ready for one trip down the TAB ...(after the 8.16 scratchings)

0800-10-20-30 and a human would answer the phone (well versed on all bet types) ...should any further bets be wanted during the day.

by the time you,ve hit the PDF drop down button and start studying, on this new site, They have jumped and you,ve missed ya bet.

I preferred the old site ...Having said that ...I enjoy the will pays for exotics 

Riccarton tomorrow, the big race of the day, R8  the Grand National Hurdle.

Win Option Number 22

One can get a fixed odds bet at the TAB or on Touchtone on all the other nine races on the card but for the big race you are unable to place a fixed odds bet on R8. Unbelievable!!           

11 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Riccarton tomorrow, the big race of the day, R8  the Grand National Hurdle.

Win Option Number 22

One can get a fixed odds bet at the TAB or on Touchtone on all the other nine races on the card but for the big race you are unable to place a fixed odds bet on R8. Unbelievable!!           

someone at the TAB looked at the race name and thought the race was in England ;)