RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

Inter Dominions 2019

Has anyone seen a schedule of heats that will be run.    i.e. will there be 2 3 or 4 qualifying heats on each of the 3 nights of heats?     And the big question may be will there be sufficient "suitable" horses to fill the heats.      We really don't want northern maiden/1 winners being entered just to go round for the also ran stakes do we?       It is no secret that the northern ranks are very thin and with no doubt the All Stars being dominant again in the bigger races would almost seem many south island owners/trainers will opt to stay home rather than make the costly trek north just to make up the numbers.       Of course we want to see the best racing up here but will they get the numbers - we don't want to see three heats per night with only 7 0r 8 starters in each!

I have not seen the schedule of heats. 

I wouldn't mind seeing three heats being run, with 8 starters in each. 

I'd prefer that than having 12 starters, and a third of the field just making up the numbers, cluttering the race up. Similar to how the NZ Cup field is run. The club elect to run 15 horses even though 3-4 of them should never be considered "Cup class".