RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
RacingJimmy

TAB First 2 Races Promotion

I see that the TAB have quietly shut up shop on the money back if your horse runs in the first 4 promotion they have run succesfully over the last couple of month. It used to be on selected weekday and weekend meetings for the first two races and then they downsized it to one meeting and as of this week it is gone.

A promotion like this was great as it did get me looking at the first few races on meetings I might not have actively betted on and it also promoted me to fill the coffers with more money than I usually would to have a good crack at those races first up. Dissappointing to see it gone, hopefully it will be back!

Anyone else feel that a positive promotion like this should be kept going?

It's almost like the powers that be at the TAB, sit back and say to themselves; 

"Righto lads, we've got a good thing going here, seems to be working well. So how can we bugger it up? Ok, yip, sounds good, let's do that." 

Don't go fixing something that isn't broken. Like the old promotion (refund up to 4th and tote option included), and the old website. 

"What's that Thad, the terminating pick 6's were proving popoular? Hit 'em on the head. Don't want them, get rid of them." 

Can't go giving the punters what they want. Can't have that. 

I'm happy for it to be first three rather than first 4. That still entices me to have a punt but don't downsize the amount of options they make available. 

I'm pleased that they have Riccarton up now. but what about the Harness and Dogs? Next week they say. Too hard for this week obviously....

This promotion is a good one, TAB. Keep it going!

Why change a winning formula TAB ???? :rcf-angry-4: 

They got me punting constantly on all three codes over the past 3 months or so with Money Back Madness Promo! :rcf-rich:

1. First Two Races for each meeting nominated on all three codes

2. Refund up to $30 on any win bet fixed or tote.

Easy Promo...why change? :wacko: 9 times out of 10 I would carry on through to the end of the day once in that mode. :blink:

They got a few $ K's turnover out of me over this promotional period too.....obviously turnover is not a TAB priority? :rolleyes:

Cya another time TAB!

1 hour ago, Baz (NZ) said:

Why change a winning formula TAB ???? :rcf-angry-4: 

They got me punting constantly on all three codes over the past 3 months or so with Money Back Madness Promo! :rcf-rich:

1. First Two Races for each meeting nominated on all three codes

2. Refund up to $30 on any win bet fixed or tote.

Easy Promo...why change? :wacko: 9 times out of 10 I would carry on through to the end of the day once in that mode. :blink:

They got a few $ K's turnover out of me over this promotional period too.....obviously turnover is not a TAB priority? :rolleyes:

Cya another time TAB!

Baz your more than likely taken them for a ride (with your punting skill). Once they did the sums and banished the Product Manager who came up with the idea, they have to figure out how they can kept you in the game but tip the advantage towards them. Bail while your ahead.