RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

Junior Drivers Urgently Required

Looks like Juniors needed urgently in the North.     By my count, (and I could be wrong of course) only 10 licensed if a race is programmed in the near future      Race at Cambridge only 8 acceptors so they squeak by!

There's 12 isn't there? And I don't think any of them are losing their licence at the end of the week.
Ferguson, Butcher, Schumacher, Whittaker, Smith, Hanara, Blakemore, Isherwood, Iremonger, Harrison, Drake, Delany. 
Not ideal, but short of injuries and holidays it shouldn't pose any majors.

Kaleb Bublitz is also graduating to race night as well.

3 hours ago, Toblerone said:

There's 12 isn't there? And I don't think any of them are losing their licence at the end of the week.
Ferguson, Butcher, Schumacher, Whittaker, Smith, Hanara, Blakemore, Isherwood, Iremonger, Harrison, Drake, Delany. 

the list you are looking at is for last year.    I think (but can't guarantee) Ben Butcher is now an open driver, Blakemore is in ?Europe on an OE, Isherwood no longer in Industry (Police?)      Kaleb Bublitz is latest to get license (driving first tomorrow night)    That leaves just 10 - hardly a comfortable position and as HSV contends with a gleam in his eye no one would want to come north to where no races for Juniors likely to be programmed for this number and of the names you list Tobereone Whittaker & Smith have ventured north and could well return south if opportunities dry up.     And looking at prospects (young trials drivers) only about 4 of then registered but again that from last years list.

Here's a couple of "incentives" for HSVMan to ponder.     As the ranks of Amateur's appear also to have dwindled, combine these races with horses driven by Juniors also included to make up full fields (Amateurs race not run Cambridge this week - yes, it was a Reserve race but only 6 nominations received)      Or pay Juniors a reduced stake percentage all races (or races of up to say 12 thou stakes total} and dispense with Juniors only races which would give owners an incentive to  put up a junior.   :rcf-happy-3:

2 hours ago, eljay said:

the list you are looking at is for last year.    I think (but can't guarantee) Ben Butcher is now an open driver, Blakemore is in ?Europe on an OE, Isherwood no longer in Industry (Police?)      Kaleb Bublitz is latest to get license (driving first tomorrow night)    That leaves just 10 - hardly a comfortable position and as HSV contends with a gleam in his eye no one would want to come north to where no races for Juniors likely to be programmed for this number and of the names you list Tobereone Whittaker & Smith have ventured north and could well return south if opportunities dry up.     And looking at prospects (young trials drivers) only about 4 of then registered but again that from last years list.

Here's a couple of "incentives" for HSVMan to ponder.     As the ranks of Amateur's appear also to have dwindled, combine these races with horses driven by Juniors also included to make up full fields (Amateurs race not run Cambridge this week - yes, it was a Reserve race but only 6 nominations received)      Or pay Juniors a reduced stake percentage all races (or races of up to say 12 thou stakes total} and dispense with Juniors only races which would give owners an incentive to  put up a junior.   :rcf-happy-3:

Didn't realise Isherwood had left but Blakemore is back this weekend and has a job lined up already. Whittaker probably will end up back in Canterbury eventually but for now he's got a gf in Cambridge? I'm not making excuses - more are needed, but as has been pointed out, the operations are scant, compounded heavily by  lack of horses and/or races.

Surprised a bit that Kim back already summer/winter and all that but that good news for juniors ranks.    Nicky - make sure the barn door is securely locked at all times - don't want to loose both of them  

Simon smith is having his first drive as a junior on Friday night  on Flashazz at addington. As a owner I can see to keep these young guys in the game they need some sort of incentive, he has done the job at the trials and I've seen how hard he works at the stable. He won't drive the horse every start but every now and then I'll throw him a bone. The decision to give him the drive was purely mine as a owner  i even dropped John in doing so, win ,lose or draw he will get another go.

58 minutes ago, westview said:

Simon smith is having his first drive as a junior on Friday night  on Flashazz at addington. As a owner I can see to keep these young guys in the game they need some sort of incentive, he has done the job at the trials and I've seen how hard he works at the stable. He won't drive the horse every start but every now and then I'll throw him a bone. The decision to give him the drive was purely mine as a owner  i even dropped John in doing so, win ,lose or draw he will get another go.

Well done although it's not a surprise coming.from you . I hope you all get a result  of some kind.

Greg

18 hours ago, Toblerone said:

After his current relieving stint for Brent Mangos ends, Scott Iremonger won't be employed  in the industry full time.  Driving trucks for a thoroughbred transport company.  I think I read somewhere that Mariu Parker is heading north?