RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Red Rum

Enable

That race was awesome , she could have left the Arc out there though . Be interesting few months now with what John Gosden does . Yorkshire Oaks toughest opposition would be from his own yard in the  Irish and Epsom Oaks winners . All in different ownership though.

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

That race was awesome , she could have left the Arc out there though . Be interesting few months now with what John Gosden does . Yorkshire Oaks toughest opposition would be from his own yard in the  Irish and Epsom Oaks winners . All in different ownership though.

Just heard the replay this morning Red Rum. Sounds like she had a titanic battle over the last furlong. 

Very brave win indeed and I agree, she may have left it all out there. 

Crystal Ocean has to be a massive chance in the Arc now I reckon, even more so if it’s wet. 

6 hours ago, CT"s said:

Just heard the replay this morning Red Rum. Sounds like she had a titanic battle over the last furlong. 

Very brave win indeed and I agree, she may have left it all out there. 

Crystal Ocean has to be a massive chance in the Arc now I reckon, even more so if it’s wet. 

why would she have left it all out there but Crystal Ocean be a massive chance in the Arc.....Frankie never touched her with the whip and she was going away at the finish.....nothing in that field will get close to her at Paris Longchamp

9 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Epsom  Derby winner poor . French Derby winner out soon I would have thought or he's taking it easy till Arc Trial day then revved up for big day .

Had a clear pacemaker for him too which exaggerates how disappointing he was 

2 hours ago, Craig hitchcock said:

On radio trackside this morning they were talking about peoples highlight of the season ,we’ll the King George last night was mine

Both horses giving everything, both jockeys giving their all, Dettori 1 tap and Doyle stopping at his max seven from what i could see on telly   for a big prize .Self control , fitness and professionalism .

First four ran about to ratings from what I can work out , Enable had pound on CO.

6 hours ago, poundforpound said:

So in the UK under WFA she got 3 pound from him....but down here she’d have got 4.4 pounds, does that mean she’s even better than him if they meet down here, another length better ?

Yes...shows the disparity which needs to be standardised. No-one will take the courageous step and rectify the anomaly 

15 hours ago, poundforpound said:

So in the UK under WFA she got 3 pound from him....but down here she’d have got 4.4 pounds, does that mean she’s even better than him if they meet down here, another length better ?

The answer why there is a 4.4 pound allowance must be in writing somewhere . 

In Kentucky Derby it's 5lbs yet only 40 fillies in history have gone the Derby instead of Oaks and only three have won since 1875. Not many fillies forgo the Oaks to take advantage of 3 lbs in Epsom Derby . Both races offer more money that Oaks equivalents and arguably more prestige .Only Zenyatta has won the BC Classic against males , Time Charter in 1983 to Danedream winning King George and Queen Elizabeth was a long drought for females . Likewise Urban Sea to Zarkava in Arc . My thoughts would be maybe it's just by chance a load of high class fillies have arrived in past ten or so years .All those female Arc winners are the top of the top .Not many fillies try the Leger instead of Group 2 Park Hill stakes at Doncaster so are not tempted by 3lbs and it's worth seven times as much  at same meeting .

The only thing I could think of for difference down here as a guess  is geldings were excluded from Group 1s up north and are still excluded from many of top ones , down here mares have to compete against tough older geldings . Maybe it's to encourage owners to keep racing the mares in top races to test them for good of the breed. Only guessing like I said.

I think Enable is a better horse that Crystal Ocean, she had a way tougher trip on Saturday , 127 to 125 before , I reckon  they will level them  up .

6 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Can Cross Counter beat Stradivarius in the Goodwood RR......?? :rcf-thinking-1:

I like Southern France each way OM. Only just behind Latrobe last time looks decent price to get in frame .

Sticking with Moore in first tonight,  Ventura Knight . Slipping slowly  to decent rating , had to lump 10st last time at Ayr so tonight is a featherweight. Stable having great time .

Good trackside got meeting on tonight , good to be getting all these top meetings around world shown.

4 hours ago, Red Rum said:

I like Southern France each way OM. Only just behind Latrobe last time looks decent price to get in frame .

Sticking with Moore in first tonight,  Ventura Knight . Slipping slowly  to decent rating , had to lump 10st last time at Ayr so tonight is a featherweight. Stable having great time .

Good trackside got meeting on tonight , good to be getting all these top meetings around world shown.

I'm thinking that today over 2 miles that he is going to be at his most vulnerable .But he is every owner's dream and loves a fight and won't  lie down!Trainer and jock in top form but 8/11 on is way too short in what is a competitive little field.25/1 is good e/w value Red Rum,but I think SF is a Leger horse imo.So I'm siding with CC to win in a dog fight with Stradi and Mark Johnstones beast of a horse for 3rd

I'm  having a wee nibble on Dark Shot in the 5f handicap,hasn't won for a while but is a CD winner who ran 2nd beaten 1/2 length in a Listed race and slips into this handicap quite nicely.