RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Pottsie

0amaru Abandoned

Crazy, i believe Omarau Racing Club were offered Wingatui track as it was obvious to a blind man, racing wasn't going to happen today. Another nail in Southisland racing. Will push fields at Timaru up, making it even harder for lower rating horses to get a start, yet again!! Surely someone at NZTR should off forecast this happening today and stepped up and raced  the meeting else where???? 

Why Wingatui less than 20 horses south of Oamaru, Bulk of horses Timaru and north of.

I would imagine Tyler at Oamaru, Blair Eadie at Waimate

should go to Ashburton or upgrade Timaru to feature day with rejigged programme IMO

Can't look back prefer to be positive and make sure  we still have feature meeting

3 hours ago, uneasy said:

Why Wingatui less than 20 horses south of Oamaru, Bulk of horses Timaru and north of.

I would imagine Tyler at Oamaru, Blair Eadie at Waimate

should go to Ashburton or upgrade Timaru to feature day with rejigged programme IMO

Can't look back prefer to be positive and make sure  we still have feature meeting

I agree totally. Horses had accepted expecting good going at Oamaru. I can't imagine they would have been too keen to swim around Wingatui. Now at Ashburton I see, with the same fields. Several days of rain in Canterbury at the moment but supposed to fine up prior to Tuesday. So to give NZTR credit the right decision has been made on this occasion.

All I will say is why do we need an all weather track in the South Island when Oamaru can be still a Good 3 in July! Huge amount of rain but no biggie having to decide on 3 courses an hour or so either side of it (excluding Waimate which would have been a great option too - thanks Mr Messara!). An all weather joint is still gonna be soaked with the amount of rain that has fallen lately. Some of you lot think they come with a roof.

2 hours ago, THE TORCH said:

All I will say is why do we need an all weather track in the South Island when Oamaru can be still a Good 3 in July! Huge amount of rain but no biggie having to decide on 3 courses an hour or so either side of it (excluding Waimate which would have been a great option too - thanks Mr Messara!). An all weather joint is still gonna be soaked with the amount of rain that has fallen lately. Some of you lot think they come with a roof.

I get the impression the half-witted idea to have an all weather track in the South has been quietly forgotten. There is absolutely no need for it, with several tracks down there providing good going for most of the winter. We couldn't afford to race on one anyhow. If we can't afford to race at Waimate, which costs nothing for the industry to run, we could hardly afford to race on a multi million dollar all weather track.

Dozens of horses are eliminated in the South every week in $10,000 races. I can't see much point spending millions of dollars on an all weather track and then running $10,000 races, which would probably only start 12 horses, and then continuing to eliminate heaps of horses. The industry would be no further ahead; in fact millions of dollars down.

9 minutes ago, Pam Robson said:

I think you are quite right - apart from the fact that the Riccarton management are still VERY hopeful that it will materialise.  Where from is not so clear.

What do you think will happen first Pam, an all weather track or a usable public grandstand? 

I haven't been to Riccarton for a while though, so the new public grandstand may be already underway, or the old one may be back in action.

Bloody hell, ask me something easy.

As the grandstand is unusable as a result of earthquake damage to the foundations, repair is out of the question for such a large building at this point.  I understand that negotiations are underway with the insurance company for demolition.

The allweather?  First there has to be the money to pay for it...dunno where that is/was supposed to come from.

I reckon that once that old stand goes, any sense of history will go with it ...and they may as well cash the whole bloody joint and develop a purpose built facility elsewhere.  JMO.

On 7/21/2019 at 4:53 PM, Pam Robson said:

Bloody hell, ask me something easy.

As the grandstand is unusable as a result of earthquake damage to the foundations, repair is out of the question for such a large building at this point.  I understand that negotiations are underway with the insurance company for demolition.

The allweather?  First there has to be the money to pay for it...dunno where that is/was supposed to come from.

I reckon that once that old stand goes, any sense of history will go with it ...and they may as well cash the whole bloody joint and develop a purpose built facility elsewhere.  JMO.

If they are getting to get rid of the “old things” will the CEO be included or is he protected like the Grandstand by the “Historic Trust.

Cmon Pam to much forward thinking.......