RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Peppa

Te Rapa Track

What’s going on at Te Rapa?

Jumpers slipping on the flat

owners/trainers area closed but no indication of where to go

No one on the gate where the trucks drive in

lady in office reluctant to give me pre race drinks ticket (I’m an owner)

Place should be closed down

are they broke?

1 hour ago, ivanthegreat said:

Watching trackside I was shocked to see only about 3 people in the stand on a SATURDAY.

This is one of the NI main tracks , the fields were reasonably good weather was fine Ye Gads !!

I left after race 2, it was cold and miserable & so god damn boring. The comfort of my lounge and the ease of trackside, plus easy access to various odds options just makes it far easier to be at home.

It was members day and even they cant be bothered going along, in the members area I would have been 1 of 5 under 65yrs of age.

Te Rapa is devoid of a spine, its dull and boring & no one in Hamilton could care less if the racing is on or not, in fact most wouldn't have a clue a meeting was on.

They do have a good idea (but its bloody years too late) coming for the new members yr ahead, they are going to have an access card entry to the members so they can see who is coming along etc and offer rewards to those who are regulars, this idea should be rolled out by NZ Racing & be applicable across the country and not just one venue, owners should be offered similar.

Don’t crowds drop off in winter time? Better fields, better horses and better weather usually create more interest. Try going to Ballarat in mid-winter! It’s the coldest place on earth! Only a fanatical diehard desperate compulsive racing enthusiast with no friends would contemplate going near the place! I agree with Woodsie. How was the weather on the day at Te Rapa?

16 minutes ago, Trump said:

Don’t crowds drop off in winter time? Better fields, better horses and better weather usually create more interest. Try going to Ballarat in mid-winter! It’s the coldest place on earth! Only a fanatical diehard desperate compulsive racing enthusiast with no friends would contemplate going near the place! I agree with Woodsie. How was the weather on the day at Te Rapa?

Different place , bigger population  I know but it would be warmer at Ballarat than mid winter in UK/Ire but tracks get big crowds every  weekend , ok midweek  and Point to Points queue to get in need to get most meetings early to get a spot .Tracks provide top facilities , top jump racing and the Point to points good food trucks and good day out in country  . Racing dropped too far here and it's a vicious circle , no one goes so facilities/ atmosphere poor so  no one goes , no money , mainly poor horses and so no one goes and so it goes on. Ireland get bigger crowds in winter .They are jammed in at Leopardstown Christmas week.

Well if its any consolation the atmosphere at New Plymouth was BLOODY FANTASTIC, (despite the heavy track)

I was in the punting competition; a no hold bar's affair where you could; bet anywhere you liked, as often as you liked , and as much as you liked, so long as you turned over $500 by 5.55pm

The event was supported by a fantastic bar and food package ($60 per head ) and friendly polite staff.  There is a whole lot of Clubs around that could take a leaf out the book Carey HOBBS and his committee are using.  You had a feeling that your patronaged was valued. I've been to numerous other events only be confronted  with an entertainment package that is double the price or higher in some case,  and full of hidden clauses such as  " Oh sorry that not included in the package or you'll have to pay a surcharge for that premium beverage" premium my arse the difference in price at the supermarket of about 80cets a bottle yet they'll ask you for $2 (Bulls**t)

Not very often you start planning a year out for winter racing but my teams back in Hobbsy you're a bloody legend :) 

PS Nah we didn't win it :)

Have to agree, Hobbsey and his club are the benchmark as far as great facilities,innovative ideas and the Board always make you feel welcome.

A lot of clubs could take a leaf out of their book.

One club up our way shut the bars down almost as soon as they cross the line, sad, many a time I have been with owners late in the day, and they wish to relax for 30 minutes, maybe have a bet and a drink, but to no avail.

Chasing people off the course is not a good look!