poundforpound

Glenda Hughes

18 posts in this topic

Thanks poundforpound,

There's not much of a 'lot' left to inform on this forum. Mainly just Cole supporters in here now hence why its tumbleweeds...

As for Glenda Hughes, I've got no idea, but gee the turnover rate is shocking, if not surprising. 

Have to feel sorry for some of the office staff who dont know who their 'boss' is from one quarter to the next. 

The key thing is CHANGE or will the industry just meander along like it always does. Take Wanganui, particularly the high grade meetings, it's just a complete bore, same old issues, dodgy happenings, same trainer dominating, smaller kennels / trainers disappearing etc etc. What is there to attract people into the game ? .. how much choice is there regarding trainers for people interested in racing a dog ? who can you trust ? Even Rosanowski bores or confuses the hell out of you with a zillion scenarios pre race, and very average calling during race. Daryl is more exciting to listen too, but where is Brian Martin ? Bring back some colour or some personalities, tidy the industry up, get to the bottom of all goings on .... do something please Glenda !!.. I still watch races up north and at Christchurch, but Wanganui holds no interest at all, Palmy much the same. Remember all the Wairarapa trainers that were around once, Wanganui saw them off also.

I have been in the greyhound industry for over 50yrs. I just cannot believe what a pickle we are in .I believe that there is a lot of corrupt people in our sport both in admin and club level .For Christ’s sake people get your shit together or we won’t have a sport soon.Elections are rigged ,money going overseas,pups prices are to high ,the small trainer cannot afford to participate ,Far to many spongers in Wellington.Come on clubs stand up and take control back put people on the board that arnt afraid to show some balls toss a few of these spongers to the wolves PLEASE

Where do you get that pups are two expensive 

When was the last time you bought a pup and what did you pay for it

Pups prices will go up plenty with the new price increase of Australian imports  

Now can you tell me who sells pups as well 

$2700 last pup turned out whole litter was no good . There are not enough reasonably priced pups for sale in nz to keep the grass root trainer involved . Hence big trainers with Aussie contacts will continue to dominate until there are no small time trainers left but that’s another issue we have to get our board sorted first and foremost

Be very interested in know what sire you used that is standing at 2700 that's right you bought a pup for that 

you know that a bitch may have one litter of pups a year maybe two so the bitch has to be fed for a year then has to pay for a stud fee then feed the pups and worm them and all that sort of thing it cost money so how much do you think a pup should be worth 

1 hour ago, Joe blogs said:

Be very interested in know what sire you used that is standing at 2700 that's right you bought a pup for that 

you know that a bitch may have one litter of pups a year maybe two so the bitch has to be fed for a year then has to pay for a stud fee then feed the pups and worm them and all that sort of thing it cost money so how much do you think a pup should be worth 

I will give you a suggestion of what pups shouldn't cost, and that is the price that the entire litter has cost up until 3mths old but the breeder or owners attempt to sell 1 or 2 for that amount in the hope they get their money back. My experience would say that the most expensive  part of the "puppy to race dog" investment is actually after the 3mth stage ie: feeding, worming, labour, schooling, breaking in and multiple trials. Also given the fact most trainers want full daily kennel rate from stage of breaking in, the pups are still 4 odd months away from racing at this stage so that's a huge outlay for potential owners with no return. If you breed from a bitch that "you" thought was fantastic and "you" thought would throw great offspring it doesn't necessarily mean this will be the case so buying puppies at 3mths old is a huge gamble and the price should reflect that. 

How much a day and what trainer get for %..

a month would be how much with nothi g out of the ordinary with say some one like Ron o reagan

the vets killer in harness in and around 30 plusèdca fan base  for me a season.vet charges must be quite small.wouldc1200 month be about right.what about a top trainer like Karen wal