RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Nerula

RITA's Rolling

13 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Iam still not sure what overseas operators will pay more than a few bucks to bet on NZ racing , the times are all wrong . I've been in a big TAB next to a big track on big day in Australia and not much punting going onto NZ racing in mornings . Do they all sit at home punting early . Up north I doubt many punt on NZ racing through the night . So who's paying the big bucks . They will just run cartoon races if they have to pay through nose  and not bother surely . Not exactly bargaining with the big operators from a position of strength .

Oh dear, it’s those domiciled in NZ like me whom prop up NZ racing with the Aussie corps/TAB. There would be 10s of thousands of us now who place bets via them. 90% of what I do is with them.

16 hours ago, Nerula said:

It would cost a lot to pay JA out.

The RITA Mob are very clued up . I think they will manage JA until the end of term.

Remember JA was/is a civil servant and would be used to being directed. I believe the CVs of RITA board show they have the competencies to do that.

This is the Last Chance Saloon imo.

Hang on a minute  , JA will have had a contract with the RB not RITA  , contracts don't just automaticly role on to the next employer , he will have been offered a new suitable contract (for him)  with RITA .

They must think he's doing a great job to pass up the chance of dispensing of his services , yes they could have to have payed him out but obviously didn't want to , they must have chosen to present him with a deal he  was happy with .

Before people get excited and start going off in tangents it may pay to look up the Cv's of the RIA personnel. In my view each would have the wit to know that if they fail to direct  the managemernt of RB the industry will die.

Thousands of so called little people will go out of work in a now stagnant economy where unemployed numbers are rising. The land will be converted to now despised (by the left) dairy and never return.

The social cost will be huge.

Winston (I cant stand the little prick) knows racing folk got him over the line and need us to keep his nose in the trough. But his time is finite so we need to keep up with and on to RITA until they fix this broken thing up. Or dont!

44 minutes ago, eljay said:

You have to give Winston one brownie point - he knew how to manipulate the so called "elite" of the Industry for his own personal & selfish benefit!

Alternatively , those who funded his party manipulated him for their long term benefit.

Greg

5 minutes ago, eljay said:

You could say that Greg, but will there be a long term benefit for them?      Or just "used & discarded"

I seem to recall that a certain proposed  marine reserve was quickly discarded by the coalition courtesy of Winnie. You wont see that again for some time if ever. Likewise, money will be coming into the racing industry from NZF that would not otherwise be forthcoming

Greg

He'll be desperate for this to succeed as it is the only thing that will keep him in play at the next election with the mugs support. Playing them like a fiddle.

Just like his mate Jones with his bro handouts in the North.....:rolleyes:

47 minutes ago, Patiti said:

Surely there is an age limit on standing for Parliament.

I was under the impression this was his last term and the Shane would take over leading the NZ First caucus.

He loves the baubles of office too much to go when he should. Its easy to see why people compare him to Muldoon and we know how that ended up ,IMF at the back door

Greg

13 hours ago, tripple alliance said:

Hang on a minute  , JA will have had a contract with the RB not RITA  , contracts don't just automaticly role on to the next employer , he will have been offered a new suitable contract (for him)  with RITA .

They must think he's doing a great job to pass up the chance of dispensing of his services , yes they could have to have payed him out but obviously didn't want to , they must have chosen to present him with a deal he  was happy with .

if you got your head out of Allen's arse for a second you would know that RITA is a reconstitution of the RB so therefore I would think all contracts of RB employees would roll over as well - who do you think is going to pretend to be running racing if this was not the case? Do you think the RITA board has replaced the hundreds previously employed by the RB?

21 hours ago, tripple alliance said:

Having met the guy, he does come across as a lot of fluff and spin, definitely the frontman or ringleader of the circus.

He’s surrounded himself with his people from another sector and as their record shows, don’t  have much clue , or are good at winding down enterprises with not much heart in the game( excluding Gary Woodham).

They are the people that as an industry, we should be making accountable.